It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US confirmed purchase of Russian UFO's! ((pics))

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

english.pravda.ru...

That's the link. Interesting, maybe it's a cover story for something bigger. For example, if there is a LOT of UFO's to be seen in the near future, US can just say it's the Russian-made craft in use by our Air Force. Interesting. But I want one! Wonder how much they cost..

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
that thing is probably the explanation to many sightings seen in Russia and over Europe.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Even if it's not, they can use that as an explanation for any UFO... :|

Even if most are truly ET's! Great... now it's no longer "denial" it's just "oh yeah, this is our craft duh"

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just keep in mind....
UFO doesnt=aliens
UFO=unidentified flying object.....

If you see something moving through the air that you cannot discern shape/size/anything its a UFO..

...also that photo looks edited

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

In other news
A UFO CRASHED RECENTLY ... in a town somewhere... here's picture for proof.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They should show who was wearing that instead.

jra

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
NinjaoftheNight: Yeah i believe it's a concept type painting, but i've seen real pics and footage of this thing years ago on a TLC like program.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i remember reading in papers and news about 1999 or so that Russains were meant to test fly a flying disc sort of craft they built, it was meant to be a new passenger type craft like concorde but it was disc ish shaped and used a new propolsion system.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The craft in question is a Russian transport/passenger design - that is also amphibious...

official web site:
www.ekip-aviation-concern.com...

The Russians basically ran out of money - I have seen a photo of the thing actually flying a few feet off a runway somewhere on the web - I'll look for it ...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am going to Translate the text from Russian into English. The original text is here:
www.ekip-aviation-concern.com...

(I speak Russian so I'm not using a translator). I'll post it here when done translating.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The flying apparatus, "Ekip" is a means of transport of the new generation that's designed for transport of passangers and (LUGGAGE) and also to solve problems in putting out forest fires, to transport rescue teams, and to deliver help to areas with emergency situations, including water rescues etc.

(PICTURE ON LAND)

In order to take off and land, Ekip uses a takeoff-landing mechanism on a pillow of air from any category of aerodromes, that include dry land fields and water surfaces. It is unnecessary to change the infrustructure of already-existing airoports.

(PICTURE ON WATER)

Apparatus, "EKIP" is capable of reaching flight velocities as fast as airplanes, and also as fast as.. [Dunno. Not helicopter]

(LINK: TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF FLYING APPARATUS "EKIP")

In the event of engine failure, EKIP is capable of making an emergency accident-free landing on land or air.

(PICTURE OF EKIP) (PICTURE OF.. PART OF EKIP?)

Inside EKIP are synchronous, automatic computerised decisions that support one another and which are also in agreement with the main consensions of air-travel until and including the year 2001. (Well close enough anyway!)

* The shape of EKIP looks like a fat wing that combines the purpose of a wing and a fuselage.

* The system of active control of the flow of air is near the top of EKIP, that ensures its non-stop (FLIGHT?).

* The system of an air-pillow that allows it to not require an aerodrome because it controls the counter-effect of heavy, concentrated pressure on the main body of EKIP. Ekip does not require landing gear during takeoff and landing.

* Economic turbo-engines that allow for dual regime of operation. (Close enough...)

Ok didn't translate EVERYTHING on that page but you got the main idea. It's part-hovercraft part UFO.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Interesting craft, indeed. Well, at least the government won't deny it..just say its theirs..that doesn't really get us anywhere, does it? lol.

Very interesting concept though. Wonder how it'll work out..

-wD

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I remember something about it as well. It is a lifting body and uses the ground effect same as the "Caspian Sea Monster". The shots I remember had it lying fallow in a hanger partially completed and awaiting further funding. Wouldn't be surprised if someone swooped in and bought it at firesale prices.

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Bluetwo]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wonder why this is not all over the t.v. and common knowledge???I dont recall ever hearing about this and have never heard of a aircraft with capabilities such as that plane...its almost hard to believe......capable of take off and landing without landing gear....

All I can say is "wow"!!

heres your ufo's people, sorry no aliens.
[just kidding..but you never know]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Come on! You're on a conspiracy website! Everyone here should know by now that MANY things are not going to be on TV
Doesn't mean they aren't happening lol, not by far!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't take Pravda very seriously. I've seen them post some pretty far fetched rumors. Some may be true, but most have as much evidence to back them up as most tabloids do.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam In other news ********** A UFO CRASHED RECENTLY ... in a town somewhere... here's picture for proof.
The science and technology forum is not for fun jokes, pranks, or games. Please respect the intent of our members who frequent this forum and keep the off-topic posts to www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
i've seen those machines on Russian tv, how they were manufactured and tested

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Very interesting, indeed. I'd be very curious about how well they actually fly, however. It says that they hover on a cushion of air at 160kmh.

So does that classify it as a glorified hovercraft instead of a true aircraft?

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
aeroweb.lucia.it...

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by Bluetwo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join