It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth the second Mars.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

Originally posted by Mikomi
Yea that is a good theory but wouldn't we know you don't just arrive somewhere and forget it and all the ideas for your technology.

Of course we do!

Why do you think we have such little understanding of our past?

Egypt is quite a good example actually. We have managed to disypher the hyrogliephs and we can read a hell of a lot about their culture as they documented so much but we are still at such a loss over so much. The pyramids for a start.

You see, cultures die off or spreead out and mingle with other cultures, a disaster or maybe just age distroys the historical documents. Age kills off the last remaining memories and then in no time at all the saga dissapears for millenia, until some futuristic archeologist unearthjs some amazing discovery.

Now, dont forget, we do actually have proof of intelligently made tools from thousands and thousands of years ago. The baghdad batteries spring iommediately to mind. Then, there are is the Aztec and MAyan artwork which seems to suggest that thos cultures actually had the use of flight. Then, we have what is left of the info we have about the Summarians who are possibly the oldest culture we yet know of.

I think this theory is immensley plausable but I dont think we are locked only to our solar system, we could have come from much further afield. I am talking now about our great great blah blah ancestors coming here from another planet as intelligent beings, not as microbes or gases on a comet.

the batteries discovered were made for a primitive version of electroplating gold onto silver.

ever played Homeworld? you should look up the story behind that game.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Mars days are 24 hours and 37 minutes long,
compared to 23 hours, 56 minutes on Earth.

Source:
www.space.com...

ID

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If we did originate on mars we would not have been far enough along in our evolution to move from there to here. Also you would have to disregard all the evidence of our evolution here on Earth. It is however possible that 'life' was placed here by an out side force possible from mars but I do not believe there is any evidence to support this theory.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
If we did originate on mars we would not have been far enough along in our evolution to move from there to here.

Why so?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join