It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth the second Mars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
With talk of "moving to Mars" it got me thinking, maybe our species has done this before. Our solar system is unique, discounting Pluto, the smaller planets are surrounded by 4 giants, Jupiter to Neptune, and a meteor belt. This give a lot of protection to the habitable planets, Mars and Earth. Mars is smaller and has 2 moons, but with exeption of a breathable atmosphere they are similar.
Maybe our species used up that planet, or had previous knowledge of an incoming global disaster, and had slightly better technology than we do now, and decided to continue our species on Earth.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yea that is a good theory but wouldn't we know you don't just arrive somewhere and forget it and all the ideas for your technology.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here's what happened. We were aware of upcoming cataclysm on Mars, so we moved to Earth to escape. Little did we know that Earth was about to have one too. We weren't counting on that. The last word heard from that civilization was "oh sh.."

But ya know, to err is human! We make mistakes

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That was my point. Maybe they didn't survive their nuclear age and decide to "start fresh" unless we make the same mistakes. It is the propegation of the species that matters. That we continue. They may even have sent the beginnings of the Bible, a faith system they may not have had. I say the Bible because I think that the first 5 books pre-date all other "holy" books.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
With talk of "moving to Mars" it got me thinking, maybe our species has done this before. Our solar system is unique, discounting Pluto, the smaller planets are surrounded by 4 giants, Jupiter to Neptune, and a meteor belt. This give a lot of protection to the habitable planets, Mars and Earth. Mars is smaller and has 2 moons, but with exeption of a breathable atmosphere they are similar.
Maybe our species used up that planet, or had previous knowledge of an incoming global disaster, and had slightly better technology than we do now, and decided to continue our species on Earth.

nope couldnt of happned. theres no record of that. noe what so ever. and if if did happen we would be way more advanced that we are now.and what about all that history that took place 1000s of years ago. if we did come here Rome would not have existed and all that stuff. and theres nothing in the history books saying this. you dont downgrade a civilization you constantly go forward.

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Thats where the "start fresh" part comes into play. Obviously the first people would have to be in on it, keep the truth from the children. Also I'm thinking not about Adam & Eve, I'm thinking of Adam's & Eve's. Asians in Asia, Blacks in Africa, Whites in Eurasia, Natives in the "New World." That would explain how life got to N. Amer..

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There are lots of fossils of humans in different stages of evolution. As far as I know there are none of the ships we used to get here or anything else advanced for that matter.

So, there is a theory of human origins out there with more evidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Never heard of a remote control? Who said that those that dropped them off stayed? This is not up as fact, just thinking out loud. Debate.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
well our internal clocks are that of same length as a Mars day, and not Earth days weird eh......

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Intrepid,

I heard Richard Hoagland say pretty much the same thing your saying a few weeks ago. Interesting idea, but one that can't be confirmed until we get to Mars, non?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Same as the afterlife, so I would have to say oui.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We got to Mars a few days ago! Time to confirm the damn thing

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikomi
Yea that is a good theory but wouldn't we know you don't just arrive somewhere and forget it and all the ideas for your technology.

Of course we do!

Why do you think we have such little understanding of our past?

Egypt is quite a good example actually. We have managed to disypher the hyrogliephs and we can read a hell of a lot about their culture as they documented so much but we are still at such a loss over so much. The pyramids for a start.

You see, cultures die off or spreead out and mingle with other cultures, a disaster or maybe just age distroys the historical documents. Age kills off the last remaining memories and then in no time at all the saga dissapears for millenia, until some futuristic archeologist unearthjs some amazing discovery.

Now, dont forget, we do actually have proof of intelligently made tools from thousands and thousands of years ago. The baghdad batteries spring iommediately to mind. Then, there are is the Aztec and MAyan artwork which seems to suggest that thos cultures actually had the use of flight. Then, we have what is left of the info we have about the Summarians who are possibly the oldest culture we yet know of.

I think this theory is immensley plausable but I dont think we are locked only to our solar system, we could have come from much further afield. I am talking now about our great great blah blah ancestors coming here from another planet as intelligent beings, not as microbes or gases on a comet.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
well our internal clocks are that of same length as a Mars day, and not Earth days weird eh......

Uhmm.. Is that true? Thats very interesting but I would think there would be a more domestic reason for this.

Science guy. I understand what you say but with a little imaginateion and a whole lot of need to believe:-) we can question the reasons why we havent found anything like that. Maybe "they" have and are keeping it from us, because, thats what "they" do apparently.

Maybe, if a complete fresh start was decided then the ship was buried or destroyed.
Maybe a great illness swept through this arriving party, wiping out mot but leaving only a handful to live who found themselves having to be the old fashioned hunter/gatherer they learnt about in their history and science classes. Maybe the earths population of animals killed them resulting in the above school class memories.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by intrepid

nope couldnt of happned. theres no record of that. noe what so ever. and if if did happen we would be way more advanced that we are now.and what about all that history that took place 1000s of years ago. if we did come here Rome would not have existed and all that stuff. and theres nothing in the history books saying this. you dont downgrade a civilization you constantly go forward.

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by KrazyIvan]

i agree with you, but you should never say never, i mean, does anyone have any hard proof.....NO!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
what if it was the other way round and the earth was about to become a barren wasteland, but mars was a young developing planet. with the technology that we have today, we may be able to build some sort of spacecraft that could take a select few to mars, but once they had got there, they would have to start from scratch and it wouldn't take long for the knowledge that we had to be lost.
if a computer programmer were sent there , how would he keep the knowledge of computers going when computers couldn't be built. if a group of scientists were dropped off on a desert island would there soon be an advanced civilization there?
how can you teach your children an understanding of things that aren't there for them to see, but are back on some dead dusty planet that you have left behind.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's quite possible to imagination that Earth could turn out like a barren desert such as Mars.

I think about those old photos and ancient civilizations artifacts where they depict aircraft. These aircraft and space people could have been us with our technology who moved here, or they were an alien race that moved us here on Earth. Now, all they do is watch up from the skies with their space craft today.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Most likely what was once on Mars and the Moon (or still is) is NOW here on Earth and in time will turn Earth into a Mars like planet.

Do reptiles like the desert? HMMMMM

Images from...
www.goroadachi.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
do most normal theories have some kind of tangible proof? HMMMMM

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Mars day is 24 hours, 39 minutes long, and 31 seconds long.

It is agreed after many repeat test that the human circadian period (biological clock) is 24 hours and 11 minutes plus/minus 6 minutes. This matches many other creatures, mostly mammals.

This places the AVERAGE human cycle closer to the Earth's than to Mar's.

There are older studies that failed to properly control the enviroment in the experiments that range from 20-28 hours, though since then have been shown to be flawed. For example in one study the subject could turn on light at will, this allowed them to accidently reset thier own clocks by being exposed to light. Another study didn't shield the subject from the earth magnetic field and they could sence the change.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join