It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS LLP dissolved

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Under the Companies House registration Above Top Secret.com LLP (Limited Liability Partnership) has been DISSOLVED on the 26/6/2007.

Just wondered why

The Company Registered office being 1 Sackville Close,Swindon and Reg No OC315616 is correct for this site, but it also list no accounts filed and no overseas details associated with this company, there are no branches associated with this company and previous names registered over the past 20 years.

Has Mr Grey moved the company then or sold it on.

Admin edit: Removed ALL CAPS from subject.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by SimonGray]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I dunno what all this means, but as long as the thing that started it all, ATS itself, stays, I will be happy.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I think they reincorporated as "The Above Network" probably in the United States.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
In the Uk you can gain the accounting details of companies registered which is a legal requirement for LLP or LTD etc etc

Is the same for the US and if so anybody got there web address so i can check some details.

At the Above Network site they state three locations the UK being one.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I don't think accounting details need to be made public here unless it's a publicly traded company.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There`s a pity, under Uk rules it is possible to track a LLP.

Wonder what benifit The Above Network LLC would be to warrant a change.

So is ATS now registered in the US and Simon no longer involved or Simon no longer the same Simon as before.

Or is it less complicated to carry out profit/loss accounts in the country where the revenue/tax is generated/paid.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I really don't know, it's just a guess on my part that it would be incorporated in the U.S. now if you say the UK company was dissolved.

I'm sure one of the three amigos will come along and set things straight.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Above Top Secret LLP is definatly dissolved in the records, which makes sense if the company has changed to the US or changed ownership or partner change.

Maybe SO now the head chef.

If Simon wants to sell Above Top Secret.com I might be interested.

If the ownership hasn`t changed i would be curious as too why the re register in a different name and country though.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Now the site is owned by three people Simon Gray (the original owner) plus SkepticOverlord (Bill the tech guy), and Springer (Mark the business guy).

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Now the site is owned by three people Simon Gray (the original owner) plus SkepticOverlord (Bill the tech guy), and Springer (Mark the business guy).

As noted above there has been no change in the site founders/owners. All three Amigos are here and hard at work as usual.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Is there any registration listing of the LLC Partnership in the state that it`s registered in.

In the UK company info isn`t deemed private and is open to anybody to either check who there dealing with or the financial position of the company/patnership there looking to deal with.

Not that I`m a Skeptic but anybody behind a screen can be whoever they want to.

Something more official would be good to see.

I`m also curious as to the difference partnership registration and the benifits in between the two countries and what led ATS to change there partnership registration.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There's a long list of motivations for the change, among the top reasons is a more progressive taxation structure for businesses of our type under a US-based LLC. Additionally, the US-based legal structure offers a better structural base from which to expand.

The three of us, Simon, Mark, and myself, remain now and always equal partners. In addition, no matter what future opportunities might present themselves, the collective "equity" of we three will always comprise the majority.

We have some lofty plans, not only for ATS itself, but for the ways in which the content of our members can be elevated to new levels of usefulness and awareness. Some have noticed the new use of the phrase, "User-Generated Content Ecosystem," which is now how we refer to ATS. That descriptive phrase will become much more important in the coming months.

A lot has happened "behind the scenes" in the past eight months. This formation of "The Above Network, LLC" is just the beginning. Stay tuned and hang on.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
In the US, records are kept on the state level. Most States have a "Secretary of State" who grants the right to incorporate and do business.

Since out-of-state companies have to register to do business in a given state, you can find a busy company fairly easily. I'd focus on coastal states for a media company. California and New York are obvious choices. I'd also go with Nevada and Delaware, since those two states have favorable tax structures, and a lot of Americans incorporate there, even when they will work in some other state.

Find the website for the secretary of state where you think a company is or does business. There should be a link like "register your company." From there, you'll learn that the main reason a state wants to track a company is for the taxes. Most states have an alphabetical list of all companies licensed to do business in their state, with business address, representative, officers, etc.

It should be easy if you have an idea of possible names. It becomes much more difficult if you try to figure out where a web company will be based, since they don't really have any local sales taxes to pay, and probably no payroll, either.

Even so, remember the primary reasons people incorporate: control, and tax benefits. And, in order to reap the tax benefits, the owners will have to list the company on their IRS forms, which means it'll have to be a registerd company. This may seem obvious, but it's important to point out, since I have shell companies that have no business activity; I use them for asset protection rather than profit allocation. This means they have a very small "red-tape footprint." They are extremely difficult to locate, purposefully so. But then, they don't generate income for me, either. They just make it more difficult to seize my assets in with a legal judgment.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There's a long list of motivations for the change, among the top reasons is a more progressive taxation structure for businesses of our type under a US-based LLC. Additionally, the US-based legal structure offers a better structural base from which to expand.

Thanks for the info.

So where is the new home of ATS corporation then.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well, LLC = Limited Liability Company, not a "corporation" in the strict sense. However, there are many "corporate styled" protections.

There is no "central office" as we're still a lean and mean "virtual" organization with no offices.

As we're still organizing the "back office," more will become available via the company website at: www.theabovenetwork.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So can I ask in which state have you registered the LLC, usually its your home state but you can arrange any.

Are you planning to start internet selling eg merchandise,books etc etc etc.

Or introduce more people into the running and sharing of profit and possible losses.LLC make it more flexible.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nescafe8572
So can I ask in which state have you registered the LLC, usually its your home state but you can arrange any.

Or introduce more people into the running and sharing of profit and possible losses.LLC make it more flexible.

Personally I'm curious as to why you are interested in the running of ATS? It's quite odd. You obviously have put some effort into this. No offense but why?

Edit: BTW I think you can aquire ATS merchandise through cafepress. I think that's where it is.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

We already do.
Click on the Gear Store link at the top of any page.

I think SkepticOverlord explained the main reasons quite well in his post above

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Personally I'm curious as to why you are interested in the running of ATS? It's quite odd. You obviously have put some effort into this. No offense but why?

I`m curious as to where ATS is going.

Don`t worry I`m not trying to prove ATS as govt Cointelpro, or that SO does where red tight fitting lycra.

Research on LLC is easy on the net it`s nothing special.I just wondered why the change now.Simon could have registered LLC at the begining.There isn`t any Non resident restrictions.

Edit: BTW I think you can aquire ATS merchandise through cafepress. I think that's where it is.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by intrepid]

Is that gonna be expanded.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
nescafe8572, the ownership and staff of The Above Network have a big vision for where we want to go. We can assure that as plans become reality, we will break the news here in this forum first!

I know many people hover in here as much as their favourite site-related forum to hear about what's new on ATS. As a recently-joined member, I'd recommend having a look through this forum (or even do a search) for announcements from either SkepticOverlord or Springer. I'm sure you'll find many items of intrigue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join