It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tube derails on London underground.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Tube derails on London underground.

news.sky.com

A train on the London underground has derailed between Bethnal Green and Mile End on the Central Line.

There are unconfirmed reports that hundreds of people remain on the train.
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is breaking news at the moment, so apologies for the lack of detail.

Hopefully this is just a simple derailment with no casualties and no "assistance" from other elements.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/7/07 by CX]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
d no "assistance" from other elements.

Minor derailments do happen all by themselves all the time, so let's hope there was no "religion of peace" intervention and everyone is safe.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Minor derailments do happen all by themselves all the time[edit on 7/5/2007 by djohnsto77]

Very true, i guess when they mention a derailment on the main news networks people automatically think of the more tragic ones to have hit our rail networks in past years.

As you say though, hopefully this is nothing to worry about.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
djohnsto77, i was going to say the same thing myself.

this is NOT the first time a tube train has derailed so people should wait until there is further information about the cause before pointing fingers.

it's worrying in light of recent events yes but lets just try and wait for further information before participating in the usual feeding frenzy

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Just out of interest though, if derailments are common, what are the requirements needed before it makes the headlines?

One would imagine that it had to be of considerable concern for it to be released by the rail authorities?

I guess the passengers would tell the news anyway, so better it come from the officials.

I understand what justyc is saying about finding the real cause before pointing fingers, then again you can't blame a guy for wondering amidst the current events can you?

Call it thinking aloud if you like.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Skynews had pictures live at the event

the expert, who was on about 40 mins ago, was quite skeptical of a "obstruction on the line"..

but, it's 99.9% not terrorist related

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Heh, these things are a daily occurence for London. You'd be suprised at the number of people who choose to end their lifes by shorting out one of the tube lines.. with themselves..

All just another typical day in London..

new topics

top topics

join