It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO dogfight - Multple witnesses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG
In as simple terms as I can describe...

The sound barrier (in air) is the point at which air can no longer flow around the craft quick enough and the craft physically tears the air around it. This tearing is what causes the sonic boom and hence where the name comes from, it has nothing to do with the any sound that the craft makes.

I am an Engineer and remember a practical experiment at Uni where we had a tiny model of concorde in a supersonic wind tunnel...

Ok then, I guess breaking the Sound Barrier barrier has nothing to do with sound? Very strange - hmmm... Well according to NASA - a reputable source, it has everything to do with sound. But I am not an engineer so what would I know. hey i am not knocking you but even a site like How Stuff Works has an easy guide that, even, engineers can follow: (i have highlighted "sound" for easy reference)

When an airplane travels through the air, it produces sound waves. If the plane is traveling slower than the speed of sound (the speed of sound varies, but 700 mph is typical through air), then sound waves can propagate ahead of the plane. If the plane breaks the sound barrier and flies faster than the speed of sound, it produces a sonic boom when it flies past. The boom is the "wake" of the plane's sound waves. All of the sound waves that would have normally propagated ahead of the plane are combined together so at first you hear nothing, and then you hear the boom they create.

That's the easiest way i guess to explain it in non-engineering terms. NASA has a couple of good PDFs you can download. I would ask the university for your money back dude if they say sonic boom has nothing to do with sound

So again i say, if there is no sound then there is no Sonic Boom or it would have no sound waves to break away from. Not sure if that makes sense?

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Has there been any inquieries to the Radar stations asking if they had somwthing on radar that night, thats a good place to go from here, since we can Basicly Confrim something was in the air, to break the sound barrior and create a sonic boom

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
After reading the reports I must say it is very compelling!

Either these people have all collaborated this story together, or this is the real deal. I hope more witnesses come forward.

I agree with Grey Basket although I must admit he is one of my leading respected foes. If multiple witnesses have reported this story than strange is afoot at the Circle K in BC.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Ok then, I guess breaking the Sound Barrier barrier has nothing to do with sound? Very strange

I think CarlosG meant a sonic boom has nothing to do with the sound made by the aircraft itself not that sound has nothing to do with a sonic boom.... Did we read the same post? I thought someone who claimed to know a lot about UFO's said that they do not break the sound barrier because they are displacing the area around them so they do not disturb the air around them? Well anyway good thread interesting theories

[edit on 9-7-2007 by M4K4V3LI]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Hey, like i said, i am not an engineer LOL

I didn't bash him if that's what it seems like and if so, my sincere apologies. Yep, good thread to say the least.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Well, aside it being from the worst source in the world, its an intresting story, and if a sonic boom happen, just about everyone would have heard it, and those that were sleeping, might have very well been awakened.

Sonic Boom??
Lol! Does a boom occur whenever a UFO breaks the sound barrier? That's news to me! If that's so then there there would have been a sonic boom every 0.01 seconds considering the number of UFOs milling around!
And that would have put the 4th of July fireworks extravaganza in the shade.

So then, I feel that this wasn't a UFO but a secret black project anti grav craft that broke the sound barrier like the X-33.

Cheers!

[edit on 19-7-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Well, aside it being from the worst source in the world, its an intresting story, and if a sonic boom happen, just about everyone would have heard it, and those that were sleeping, might have very well been awakened.

Sonic Boom??
Lol! Does a boom occur whenever a UFO breaks the sound barrier?

I think i am going to go with yes on the one, if they break the sound barriar in the direction of someone, then they should hear it, i may be wroung. But a UFO shooting away from you at a far distance above and away from you, i doubt you would hear it.

When i was in elementry school some jets flew over our school and there was a sonic boom and it shook the building, i know what a sonic boom feels like.

That's news to me! If that's so then there there would have been a sonic boom every 0.01 seconds considering the number of UFOs milling around!
And that would have put the 4th of July fireworks extravaganza in the shade.
Again you are assuming that every UFO is going faster then the speed of sound to create a sonic boom.

So then, I feel that this wasn't a UFO but a secret black project anti grav craft that broke the sound barrier like the X-33.

Cheers!

So to be Unidentified Flying Object, it must be a from another planet...? You are admiting right there that you think it is a ufo

but a secret black project anti grav craft that broke the sound barrier
Well what would that make it then...
A. How did you see or belive of theis craft
B. i saw it in the air, flying
A. what is it?
B. i don't know
A. So that is an Unidentifed Flying Object

And it remains that way, until we can saw what the object is. Thats the way it goes, i thought you would know this

Sorry if this story doesn't fit your normal pixel on the moon thread, but not often do we have reports of a UFO being so close to the gorund and people then taking off a super sonic speeds.

Since this has Many witness, i think it deserves some attention.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It is not every UFO is going faster then the speed of sound to create a sonic boom.

Sorry if this story doesn't fit your normal pixel on the moon thread, but not often do we have reports of a UFO being so close to the gorund and people then taking off a super sonic speeds.

Since this has Many witness, I think it deserves some attention.

Of course it deserves attention!!
And it does fit my pixel on the Moon threads!!
So you read them?
Good!

Now to get down to brass tacks. UFOs (The alien types particularly!) operate on a completely different principle than our aircraft which are bound by the theory of aerodynamics. So cutting through the atmosphere at 760 mph at sea level gives you a Mach number of 1 which is the ratio of the speed of sound at sea level to the speed of the aircraft.

Now UFOs can't and don't follow the principles of aerodynamics because they don't have wings/aerofoils or other control surfaces. Gravity shielding is what they may be depending upon for propulsion. And that's nothing to do with aerodynamics. It's gravitodynamics. So there’s no breaking of sound barriers here with those proverbial sonic booms!

In case you wanna read further into this, check out my thread
HERE..

Gotta get back to my Moon base, what?

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
who's to say the Boom was from the UFO breaking the sound barrier? It says in the title dogfight, maybe the boom was one of the ufos getting hit or shooting something that makes a boom sound, because it did say one flew in the water then took off. Flew in the water after getting hit with the boom? who knows. Video is very interesting tho.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by RandomThought]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If you ever hear or see a downed UFO it is not because we shot it down or it somehow malfunctioned, it is because there are several kinds and they are shooting each other down. Apparently, no matter what your level of technological development, we still have the same conflicts. We humans are like ants on the ground and the real powers are at war all around the universe, appearing and leaving our time space thread at will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join