It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2008, a woman will become president of the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You might be right, the next president might be a woman.
If so, I certainly hope that she is an intelligent, honest, respectable woman who knows right from wrong and is closer to an honest leader instead of a power-hungry liberal. In other words, GO CONDI RICE!!!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not meaning to call you on but an honest President. The only one I think, in my lifetime, was Jimmy Carter, and see what that got him.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Carter, the Tri-Lat member who did much under the table harm to this nation, honest? I disagree with the common belief that the Tri-Lat member was honest.

Even the greatest president of the 20th century, Ronald Reagan, was not honest since he did not release the report on the IRS after "they" woke him up with a bullet.

But then, even the one who appears the most honest will not be unless he informs the citizenry that we are under martial rule, rather than quietly continuing it under the ignorant noses of the public.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Everybody has their strengths. Carter was fine at home, but weak on the internation level. I still maintain that he was the most honest.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Bush is so wonderful and honest, him an Cheney, they are like a gift from Jesus, his infinite wisdom will lead this great nation.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why not throw Rumsfeld into the mix.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If the country survives the next four years, a Hillary Clinton presidency is pretty much a sure thing. IMHO...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Everybody has their strengths. Carter was fine at home, but weak on the internation level. I still maintain that he was the most honest.

He was honest at home?
How old were you during his watch?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I wasn't joking. That guy frightens me period. Looks like Satan incarnate and delivers press conferaces with bad poetry. ??????????????????????????????

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
billery clinton is just a power hungry bitch utopian. and if she ran the clinton administaration, wouldnt she have already used her two terms then?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I personally like Hillary. (Betcha thatll shock some people) If she runs in 2008 I would be hard pressed to vote for anyone else. She is consistent on her issues, will go against the "party" and seems to have a pretty open mind. I thoguht Bill was a decent president, outside of the China scandels and I suspect his wife will be even better.

Progress in America is great when a woman can become the President of the greatest country to ever be assembled.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I was 15 to 19 during Carter administration.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Never was an honest President and never will be, except may Washington who didnt lie about the cherry tree. I dont think there is any such thing as an hoest politician, there all in it for the personal gain and the high salaries that are paid.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
LOL, Tracer, you have a point.

An ex-girlfriend's father never voted for anything but the incumbant. He figured it'd be wrong to take someone who might be honest and insure that he becomes corrupt!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Never was an honest President and never will be, except may Washington who didnt lie about the cherry tree. I dont think there is any such thing as an hoest politician, there all in it for the personal gain and the high salaries that are paid.

High salaries???Are you kidding? Most of these politicians are trial lawyers, doctors or other professionals who could make WAY more than if they werent representing us. If you think its about the massive salaries(which isnt true) then you are sadly mistaken. Im not saying all politicians, but did you ever think the majority of them do it because they love politics and want to make a differance. I plan on going to law school and eventually try running for congress and that has nothing to do with money. Its all about the ability to "mean" something and the feeling of accomplishment.

Politicians are just people, remember that.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
My bet right now is on Hillary. Go girl!

Will a woman someday be president...YES.
Will it be Hillary in 2008...I DON'T THINK SO!!!
You may ask why.
There are a lot of religious/christian people out there who do not vote at the moment, feeling all they can do is pick the lesser of 2 evils. If Hillary is running, I'm sure most of them would participate in the vote to keep the statis quo.
First I am no fan of Hillary....But I do not think that a woman running for president is a reason to vate against her. But I feel many people do. If a woman running for president, who pushed an agenda I feel is right, I'd vote for her in a heartbeat. But I think Hillary would bring out the people who do not regularly vote, out to vote just to see she doesn't win.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I believe it will be Hillary in 08', but she will have a helluva time trying to beat the "good doctor" Bill Frist. Frist will have alot more power on his side because of the republican congress which goes to show that he can get bills passed. If he can bring the parties in the congress together and help pass some democratic issues as well, he may give her a even harder time.

I think Hillary has a huge following, all the Clinton democrats as they are called would come out to vote along with plenty of woman who would vote for the "women" anyways.
The problem she is facing now is the in-party fight that might seperate the democratic party into two groups, the Dean-Gore party vs the Clinton-Clark party. This election will pretty much let you know how the outcome of 08' will be. If Dean comes in and can keep his supporters around, he will more than likely run again in 08' if he loses, keeping the Gore-Dean supporters, thus taking away valuable democrats from the Clinton-Clark regime.

If somehow Clark can get ahead of Dean and still lose in the general election, then that will pave a much smoother road for Hillary. Either way, she will be the nominee in 08' with or without Dean...It will just be more difficult with him around.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah, good thinking intrepid. Makes some sense, as she would probably run the country better than Mr. Clinton. Now, I don't think she will win, just a feeling, but I don't think she will. Just have to wait, I suppose.

-wD

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with the topic and might just eat up bandwith but arent there suposed to be actual predictions here, why dont peopel post this tipe of things in the political part.

Just a comment about things I don't understand. I mean why does this turn into the place for speculations?
(sorry for my bad spelling)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
You might be right, the next president might be a woman.
If so, I certainly hope that she is an intelligent, honest, respectable woman who knows right from wrong and is closer to an honest leader instead of a power-hungry liberal. In other words, GO CONDI RICE!!!

Well, personally, I think Janet Reno would be a fun president.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join