It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe said Japan will not forgive US using A-bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Japanese PM's statement was obviously intended for domestic consumption. The Japanese have yet to make full and serious apologies for any of their atrocities committed in China, Korea or other Far East Asian country. This is such a non-news item that it's ridiculous. As soon as we get a smart enough President that figures out we don't need to waste billions per year defending the Japanese anymore, we'll close our bases and leave them to the tender mercies of the Chinese and Koreans as we should of at the end of WWII.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

you think we'd of learnt eh?... needlessly attacking another nation is never a good thing, no matter how deluded you believe your people to be.

This a laughable statement; yeah the US needless attacked Japan....some one needs to go back to schoool.

Japan does not even teach in schools it's World War II history, not about it's horrible treatment of the Chinese nor about battles it lost like Iwo Jima.

I suggest watching the commentary section of 'Letters of Iwo Jima', you have the actors, whom are all big stars in Japan (like the hollywood elite in the US) commenting that they were shocked when they actually learned the history and comment how it is not even taught in Japanese schools.

(Great movie by the way, the Japanese soldiger was definitely a force to contend with)

Nevermind the countless lives which were saved by dropping the A-bombs, both Japanese and American. If America had to invade the Japanese homeland there would of been many more deaths.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They won't forgive them from using an A-bomb yet they forgive them for killing even more civilians in air raids using conventional bombs simply because it was an A-bomb?

If anything the USA should not forgive Japan for the war in the pacific.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The reason why Japans PM said this is because his defense minister earlier suggested the 1945 atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were inevitable.
news.independent.co.uk...

I read this in the Independent the other day and could see there would have been a lot of hostility about his inevitable remarks.

The PM is doing damage control

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
At the end of the day does anyone really care if Japan forgives the USA or not. I don't think most Americans really care.

Time to live in the present and look forward to a bright and wonderful future guys and ladies what has happen has happened..... move on.....

Lets work at trying to prevent this from happening again?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Whilst I have some sympathy with the Japanese, I have more sympathy for the POW's they abused.

They had no respect for POWS and thousands died under their "care".
I can't remember if they were signatory's to the geneva convention (doubt it) and I have nothing but contempt for the way they waged their war - most especially against those unable to defend themselves - all over Asia - and the grotesque treatment of POW's.

This is the logical counter argument to what Japan is saying.
www.mansell.com...
www.ww2pacific.com...

[edit on 5/7/2007 by budski]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I think Japan should keep in mind the atrocities they committed and stop fancying themselves as only do-gooders, ...

AMEN.

I was stationed in Japan for three years and was able to visit Hiroshima. I did the whole Peace Park thing ..the museums .. the area .. everything.

The FACT is that they were not going to surrender. Period. Hiroshima was a legitimate military target. The Japanese living there even had their children as young as six years old working in the factories making military ammo.

Japan started the war. They refused to stop. So we stopped it. We saved MANY American lives. And in the end that's all that matters. They were the aggressors. We were the victims. We saved ourselves.

Some there don't like it? Tough bananas.

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
Perhaps the Japanese Prime Minister needs to look to his own countries' behavior first.

I agree. He's just jumping on the 'blame America first' bandwagon.
He needs a good history lesson.

Originally posted by greenfruit
At the end of the day does anyone really care if Japan forgives the USA or not. I don't think most Americans really care.

I fully agree with you.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've been to Japan, I speak Japanese, and the Japanese do not fear or hate Americans. They hate the Chinese, and treat them like second class citizens, which, let's be honest, is where this is coming from. I love japan, going there is a long flight from Cleveland, but always worth it. I have been to many city's there, and no one has ever been hostile or ridiculous like youve mentioned. Now to another true point, the Japanese were animals in WWII, no better and often times worse then the Germans, who themselves were animal butchers. They deserved to get bombed ten fold for there atrocities, and they only got two, so they got a break. Ask a European, American, or Australian who was there if they deserved it, and I'd say ask a Chinese, but none survived there internment. Now back to present day Japan, they have an actual multi party system, and they have nationals, who hate all things foreign, like republicans here, and of course they twist things for there own purpose, just like every politician everywhere, and let's not forget Abe was chosen because of his friendly attitude and policy's towards Japanese renewal and his interest in another bubble creation similar to the 80's and his stance on America, which is favorable and with strong connections, so stop being bitter or hateful and look at the situation as it is, ask someone who's been, who speaks the language and therefore can't be shielded from comments in the native language or papers. If I went to England, and I have to watch my favorite soccer team Newcastle United, I would meet people who 1. Don't Care 2. Talk to me exclusively because I'm from America 3. Hate Newcastle and my jersey I wear of Shearer and act like children 4. Hate me because I'm foreign, specifically American. It's the same in EVERY COUNTRY INCLUDING AMERICA. There will always be hate and prejudice, always friendliness, always child like ridiculous behavior, and always complete disinterest. Listen to people not the government, I guess is the point of this whole post.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I've never met a Japanese person who hated Americans? I'm sure they must exist but I'd suppose they keep it hidden just like the scum here who belong to racists groups hide their identities.

Hate exists in all countries. In fact this board is crawling with people who live their lives based on hate and imagined enemies. Mental illness exists in all countries at all income levels and levels of power. I pity them, but I have no tolerance for them. Its sad that so many of them attain positions of power. Its even sadder that people allow them to hold office.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ruggeder
Now to another true point, the Japanese were animals in WWII, no better and often times worse then the Germans, who themselves were animal butchers.

Just to be fair and even-handed; in war, atrocities are committed by all sides.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There is a rise in Japanese nationalism, but not too bad yet. As a few alluded to here earlier the Japanese will always be a target for China just as Taiwan is. China wants to control that area period. Note how Kim of North Korea is a virtual organ grinders monkey right now. Disregard all the posturing by Japan, as it is supplying us with electronics for all our newest missles and what you would call black ops. They know handwriting is on the wall, Japan Killed millions of Chinese and other Asians.(lets not forget about us) The practiced germ warfare and microwaving of civilians in experiments. The Chinese will never forgive them for Nan Ching . The most popular car in China is not the toyota, but the Buick. What we did with the A bomb is more an ego or humiliation than the the loss of life. Why does everyone want to hold us to standards. The Germans defected in droves to us and not Russia. I wonder why.
On a sheer principle of honor, the Japanese were very dishonorable. So much for the Bushido code.
In summary..its who can stick it to who first.

For the illuminati buffs, the chinese have the names of all illuminati leaders, some 10,000.(given to them by (i think kevin folfer or folkfer who worked for forbes and as well as a Japanese paper)) and have assigned hit teams from 1.6 million trained assasins, in the event activity towards reducing the Asian population to world pop. of 500,000 that is being bandied aboout happens to kick off. They trust us more than japan, after all we fought with them against Japan in China. Remember the Flying Tigers?
There is some dirty stuff going on we may never know, but china does remember its friends. If Japan appears to be forgeting theirs then thats their problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Those comments are not in the least anti American, nor should they be taken as a threat. Outside of the United Kingdom Japan is one of our closest and most important allies. We have a very good relationship with them and most Japanese do not hate Americans. Needles to say these comments come as Japans newly created defense minister said recently that the US essentially had to drop atomic weapons in order to end WWII. As you can imagine this upset quite a few people in Japan, considering that the issue is very sensitive still not to mention the fact that Japans defense minister is from and represents Nagasaki in the national government. What Abe is doing is damage control, politics, nothing more.

Just in case you still have doubts, we are united behind one common cause, China and North Korea. If Japan's PM did not like the US would he go through the trouble and risk to do this?

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You are absolutely right. Japan has by virtue of our umbrella of protection become a great ally and a beacon of prosperity and democracy. In turn they have developed a technology unparalled as has taiwan. I am sorry we sold Taiwan down the river and warning them not to declare independence from the mainland. a very bad message to send to the rest of our friends.This before China accelerated its military program to what it is now. I have no problem both of them going nuclear and doing whatever is necessary to augment their defenses, as we are stretched so thin. The times are tense..and media, people, and nations will take statements out of context..It has become Everyman for himself..and God Bless us all.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Ruggeder
Now to another true point, the Japanese were animals in WWII, no better and often times worse then the Germans, who themselves were animal butchers.

Just to be fair and even-handed; in war, atrocities are committed by all sides.

I agree completely, but we didn't have hundreds of slave labor camps were we tore off the skin of our victims and made coats for the survivors. There is the act of war as atrocity, and then actual atrocity.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I agree with west point as I mentioned the same thing earlier.If any of you had clicked my link and consumed my words you might have seen the reason why the PM said what he did recenty

Of course being a forum like this the sensational thougts of Japan restarting its warmachine and their so called hatred towards America,i can see why the real reason gets swept under the carpet

Not saying that some in Japan dont hate the american warmachine,as they clearly do around Okinaw or other bases.Like countless other nations we resent the bullying attitude of the bush regime and the poor standards of soldier they churn out(not by any mean all of them!but there are enough of them in uniform or civvies in Iraq behaving like thugs with no compassion or remorse)The economic/security issuse tie us all together and Japan needs them.

Another good thing with japan is they love rock/metal music

have to say they were wicked sods in ww2

[edit on 6-7-2007 by noangels2006]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sb2012

The US economy is too big to fail. It will go up and own obviously. There is too much money in the private sector to let the US fail to a point that we will not be able to keep world Order or let some other Crazy rulers like Hitler and the the former Ruler of Japan during World War II create havoc in the world. We will never let anything sacrifice our freedom. The Private Sector Money would be seized by the US government to keep the World Order. Secondly the US has so many top secret weapons that from a Push of a button they can destroy this planet in a very short time. We may not built the best cars or best TV's but we have the most powerful Military weaponry, things that you can not even imagine. So lets all keep piece and not create a monster out of the US, because the last country you want being a Tyrant is the UNITED STATES, so please stop making them that, because it is crazy people like suicide bombers, closed minded middle easterners, Osama Bin laden, and Bitter Japanese that is going to awaken the Devil.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I could care less if the Japs want to, or don't want to, forgive the US and her allies for destroying their nation in war that they started. I don' t remember anyone of importance, in the USA, asking for forgiveness. I'm sure it would have been in the news somewhere. As for the A-bomb, we still have a few in stock waiting for a blue light special.

The Chinese, Koreans, and Filipinos have a much larger claim for any forgiveness than the Japanese leadership or their people.

Japan may have some nationalistic thoughts, but they are still bound by a treaty they signed. The whole region, regardless of current politics, remembers what an armed and nationalistic Japan was. It will not happen again. This is one thing China, the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Russia, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, AND the USA agree on; not to mention the dozens of countries, in the region, that have formed from lands that were territories of the above listed countries.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zhangxi0183
and Japanese are not going to kill americans like the way muslim do. muslim use suicide bomb because they have nothing else to use. they are weak. they are desperate to fight against you even if it will kill themselves.

Japanese are not going to do that.

so...what was this little thing I heard about kamikazi pilots???

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That's okay, we don't want them to forgive or forget.We won't ever forgive or forget what happened at Pearl Harbor or the Bataan death march. I prefer that the whole world remembers that there is one country that has no problem using nukes for pay back.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Maybe if most Americans *did* care about their country's actions overseas, and how they're interpreted, their worlds would be much better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join