It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe said Japan will not forgive US using A-bomb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe said on Wednesday that Japan will not forgive US using A-bomb.

he said this in a news conference. but he also said it's very important to remain the close relationship with Unite states.

Now I'm thinking that American use Japan against China to remain it's super influence in Asia. Japanese use America to further strengthen it's power. I mean Japan already have strong economy and technology, it's only a matter of time they have their strong military. what if Japan get strong enough that USA couldn't control it anymore? it's very obvious that Japanese do hate American, they don't show their hatred up is because they know it won't help to rebuild a very strong country. but when they are getting strong enough, it will be very interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
wow, some old feelings on the rise again,

The japanese were going to surrender, eveantaully, but dropping the A-bomb was about MORE than just beating the japanese.

The japanese wont ever forgive us, the same way some germans wont, and the same way american wont forgive japan for pearl harbour.

you think we'd of learnt eh?... needlessly attacking another nation is never a good thing, no matter how deluded you believe your people to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't think that the Japanese are considering building-up their military to attack the US, they are not interested in war, but they probably would like to see America dropped down a peg or two (as would probably 80-90% or the countries in the world).

Additionally, I don't think that the British have really forgiven the Americans for the consessions we had to accept to get a loan just for the slightest hope of surviving the German onslaught in WWII. I know a lot of Americans didn't want to give the UK a loan at all, which doesn't warrant consideration. For instance, changing world trade to US$ has bought vast wealth to America as it had to the British Empire when trade was in GB£s.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
you guys have no idea
you probably have watch lots of CNN news and very few of it's reports were negative about Japan. that's why you have good image in your brain about Japan. And why they usually don't report the bad side of Japan? because it's political right, because Japan is US ally now. CNN news may report Japanese defense minister resign because of his atomic bomb comments, but CNN news won't report how Japanese PM deal with this thing under other politician's pressure, CNN news won't report what Hideki Tojo's granddaughter(who is running for congress woman)'s comments about USA.

you are right. most of the world probably don't like America. but they won't challenge the American dominated world order.Germany won't because German is counting their future on EU. Britain won't because British is counting their future on America.

but Japan is different. yes American have built a peaceful constitution for Japan. but they didn't destroy the mikado system. mikado surrendered and Douglas MacArthur want use mikado's influence to make Japanese stop fighting. that's how mikado system survived in Japan. should i remind you that Japanese believe that they were fighting for mikado? yes some japanese people are very peaceful man, but you have no idea how much Japanese want to go back to that strong Japan. to do that, they must destroy the American dominated world order and justify their behavior in WW2.

and that's why US congress pass a resolution to condemn Japan's attitude toward comfort woman. did the US congress concern about comfort woman? no they don't. the thing they really concern is how Japan's attitude toward their lose in WW2. that's the real point. think about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CarlosG

Additionally, I don't think that the British have really forgiven the Americans for the consessions we had to accept to get a loan just for the slightest hope of surviving the German onslaught in WWII. I know a lot of Americans didn't want to give the UK a loan at all, which doesn't warrant consideration. For instance, changing world trade to US$ has bought vast wealth to America as it had to the British Empire when trade was in GB£s.

The British government's subservient loyalty to US Foreign policy over the past sixty years has arisen from the fact the US government, acting as a loan shark, had Britain by the short and curlies in terms of the loan the US reluctantly gave to the UK, on the harshest of terms, and followed the US pulling the plug on the British economy, exhausted after WW2, which led to many Britons to live in poverty.

The US also demanded Britain dismatle it's empire to make room for The American Empire.

Britain only finished paying off the debt in December 2006.

The US prospered quite well off the back of WW2 as the loan shark of the world.

Profit making from war, namely WW2, made the US a superpower.

People here in the UK have not forgotten this, and when people say "Uncle Sam saved Europe's ass in WW2" it grates even more.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
zhang, interesting concept.

When I was in hiroshima, I noted a large number of American flags, hanging from shops, in windows, in the door way... everywhere.

I walked into a pub, and after a few beers asked the bar tender

'' This is hiroshima, site of the bomb dropped by american, why do you hang an American flag in your bar, when they killed so many people in this spot ?''

He simply said

'' Because America big, and Japan small ''

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

you have no idea of public opinion.

the reason of what Japanese have said in the past sixty years and the reason how thing will go in the future is all the same.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
WEll, from what I saw in Hiroshima, and from what the Japanese said, they are still scared of America.
And looking at the very dramatic 'western' influence on Japanese Culture, im pretty sure they wil not go back to their 40's era...

most people from that era have either died, or are to old to be of any educational benefits.

Its like the neo nazi's in Germany, im sure there are some nutters who relish the chance to strike at America, but those people are everywhere, and growing daily.

BUT, Japan has seen the western way of life, and loves it.
I think its safe to say, Japan will be fighting with the US in the next world war.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
seems you didn't know Japan at all. from the appearance of it's society, from the their culture, from their character.

well not every war is like the War with muslim. muslim may don't like Christian, but there is other reason behind this war.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by zhangxi0183]

Mod Edit: Removed Pic unrealated to thread

[edit on 7/5/07 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I dont understand what your getting at?
Are you saying the youth today, whom are growing up and enjoying the fruits of western culture ' hollywood, rock n roll, mcdonlads, fashion '
secretly are still worshipping the emporer, and willing to kill americans?

whats the picture got to do with it?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think Japan should keep in mind the atrocities they committed and stop fancying themselves as only do-gooders, because it simply isn't so....NanKing anyone?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
well, life style is not just what they eat or what movie they watch. they's why i said you don't know their culture and character.

and Japanese are not going to kill americans like the way muslim do. muslim use suicide bomb because they have nothing else to use. they are weak. they are desperate to fight against you even if it will kill themselves.

Japanese are not going to do that. what they will do it's rebuild the strong Japan, rebuild the world order. And the stratagem now it's keep close relation with USA so that they can strengthen their power.

Mod Edit: Removed Pic unrealated to thread

[edit on 7/5/07 by FredT]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hate to sound cold blooded here but we didn't start the war with Japan they did. They committed atrocities that were just as horrific as anybody else Rape of Nanking comes to mind. Perhaps they should be asking forgiveness of others. As I recall they weren't kind to the Philpinos either.

Perhaps the Japanese Prime Minister needs to look to his own countries' behavior first.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder if the Japanese people forgive their ministers for, oh, how about not capitulating after the first bomb and causing them to drop another one?

IOW, if you think about it, the second bomb was totally preventable.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
wow, some old feelings on the rise again,

The japanese were going to surrender, eveantaully, but dropping the A-bomb was about MORE than just beating the japanese.

The japanese wont ever forgive us, the same way some germans wont, and the same way american wont forgive japan for pearl harbour.

you think we'd of learnt eh?... needlessly attacking another nation is never a good thing, no matter how deluded you believe your people to be.

It took 2 atomic bombs to make them surrender, not one A-bomb. It shows how far they were willing to go. Not to mention the stories about how they were arming Japanese kids with bamboo sticks and have explosives attached to youngters to attack any American tanks landing on Japanese beaches. And when they say will never forgive...does that mean they want to go ram some planes in Washington D.C. in revenge for firebombing and sending muchrooms on their soil? Well I guess they didn't learn their lesson yet eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have this hankering suspicion that the OP is from China and harbors a little resentment against the Japanese.

China's citizens were brutally tortured by Japanese troops who committed some of the worst atrocities this planet has ever seen. I'm guessing these feelings of not being able to forgive come from the other parties involved in that war.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yes, very good strategy from USA -- make as many enemies as you can and drive towards economic collapse because of a few retards in DC.

What will USA do after economic crash? Ask Japan for some money?

[edit on 5-7-2007 by sb2012]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Firstly, Japan cannot build up their military beyond a certain point. This was stipulated after they surrendered.

Secondly, poor or not attacking innocent civilians with suicide/homicide bombs is not in my eyes an only alternative.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sb2012
Yes, very good strategy from USA -- make as many enemies as you can and drive towards economic collapse because of a few retards in DC.

Based upon your insightful post I can see that you know what you're talking about.

Show me how the US economy is collapsing.....

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by sb2012

Based upon your insightful post I can see that you know what you're talking about.

Show me how the US economy is collapsing.....

I am not expert in economy and in no position to give 'proofs' but i can recommend to listen to Ron Paul, he points few issues out very nicely and also Google for national debt, borrowing money from China (yea hehe) and Federal Reserve which is a privately owned bank lending money to USA.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join