It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Disney making me scan my finger for entry ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I recently visited Orlando with the kids and hit the theme parks. I was stunned to find them wanting me to have my finger scanned. And it wasnt just me, they wanted my 3 year old daughter scanned as well.

I asked the park employee at the gate what was the purpose of the finger scanner. She mumbled something incoherent and said not to worry as it wasnt anything to be concerned with.

I asked if it was attached to a larger database with the govt for accessing criminal backgrounds, terrorist watch lists, etc. She didnt think it was.

I then asked if anyone had ever refused the finger scan and would it prevent access to the park. She said a few have refused but were still allowed entry.

My questions...

1. Is this scan used to search a larger database like from Homeland Security or criminal background check ?

2. Is this legal ? I personally considered it an invasion of my privacy. I also found it very offensive to have my young child submitted to this treatment. Like my 3 yr old is a terrorist lol.

I did the scan along with my family because my wife begged me to not make a scene. Im regretting that decision the more I think of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Disney says it's not a fingerprint scanner, but a "finger geometry" scanner. It converts certain points on your finger into numerical values and combines them to form an almost unique identifier. A photo ID can be used in lieu of a scan.

Walt Disney World: The Government's Tomorrowland?

“It’s essentially a technology upgrade,” said Kim Prunty, spokeswoman for Walt Disney World. The new scanner, like the old finger geometry scanner, "takes an image, identifies a series of points, measures the distance between those points, and turns it into a numerical value." She added, "To call it a fingerprint is a little bit of a stretch."
Prunty said the new system will be easier for guests to use and will reduce wait times. The old machines required visitors to insert two fingers into a reader that identified key information about the shape of the fingers. The new machines scan one fingertip for its fingerprint information. Prunty said the company does not store the entire fingerprint image, but only numerical information about certain points.

Theme park consultant Arnold Tang said parks like Disney use the technology because it is more convenient for guests than showing photo identification and more accurate for theme parks, which have a significant ticket fraud problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow!
This definatly sounds like an ATS worthy topic....
I can see them trying to prevent a terrorist attack at the park. If a would-be bomber has any sort of criminal history this finger scan could throw up a flag and athorities wouldn't have to make a scene, they could simply pull this individual aside.

I dont see why they would subject your daughter to this considering the population of 3 year old terrorist masterminds

Smells of conspiracy, nice and fresh!

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
When I lived near there they only used this for season and annual pass holders. it makes sense with those, since they wouldn't want people sharing a single long term pass.

Have they expanded this beyond those types of passes now?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Call it whatever you want to. We all know what it is. It is the beginning of our conditioning to this form of identification. Disney has a dark history and I am quite sure they are definitely 'pro' a chipped and identifiable population.

It is a deprivation of liberties in my book, but you are the land of the free (coughs). I flew into Houston airport a couple of months ago from Costa Rica. I was in transit and had my fingerprints taken and my photo.

This is the NWO - we are living it. Welcome to the future.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well you know what's coming...... the old, "If you've nothing to hide, you've nothing to worry about" argument.

This is all plain as day to me and clearly a lot of people here too: between security, terrorism and consumerism this kind of thing is going to be common place.

A lot of the applications sound great, but what are the pay offs? Constant monitoring by officials who will know where you and what you are doing at all times? Is that really the kind of society we want to live in? I know I certainly don't, but I imagine I will be in the minority when it comes time to get a national ID or chip.

It won't be forced upon is, we'll be begging for it - whether it's through security concerns or fashion/consumerism, it's coming, and soon!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The thing is, it's NOT a fingerprint scanner. It's just that the finger makes a good object to do geometric scanning on. Don't get me wrong, you could be lied to, and it's actually scanning a database, checking for warrants and such, and then you are trapped in the park and the cops come and get you. But that is doubtful.

The true "conspiracy" here is that an executive at disney probably has a friend in the scanning business. He was sold on this as a way to increase revenue for disney because it will cut down on ticket fraud, etc. Next thing you know, the sale is approved, and the system is installed. I doubt it has anything to do with disney being "pro populace chipping". What does that even mean? Walt, in his cryogenic chamber?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I have a year pass for Disney Hong kong and they have the scanners there as well.

I would have said no, but they already have my ID card details, which includes biometric data.

Yes "I have nothing to hide"

If the Gov want your prints they will get them, they really don't need Mickey Mouse doing their dirty work! Apart from the dodgy Islamic terrorist Mickey he need loads of help!

Monkey

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I would think it would have to be connected to the Homeland Security database among others.

Disneyland/world would have to be considered targets by Homeland Security due to the number of people there at any given moment, even on a slow day. I am not sure it would prevent an attack from a 'lone nutter' type though.

I am also sure that they have surveillance cameras all over the entrances. More than likely they are cutting edge digtal with zoom and facial recognition. So now they have footage of you buying tickets with your Visa, then they the thumbprints of the whole family, and more than likely they have video of your family coming and going at the very least, if not throughout your entire time at the park. I am not sure it matters if you gave your thumb print or not, you already paid them hundreds of dollars to invade your family's privacy for the right to visit their "Magic Kingdom"

I think the facial recognition software can even 'age' the person and figure out parameters of receding hair... If it can't yet, it will... and its not like they are going to toss the "data"

Sorry for the bad news,
DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Has anyone emailed this to Alex Jones yet? I'd love to see him go there and do one of his demonstrations.

Disney is a very dark entity as a whole I believe.

Peace

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hate to burst everyones bubble, but Disney doesn't care about your safety in the park. They don't care if you get hurt, robbed, assaulted, etc as long as you buy stuff while your there.

Large theme parks like Disney pay millions of dollars every year just for insurance in case someone does get hurt and decides to sue.(did you know if your hurt on Disney property, they try to get you to sign something saying you wont sue before you get any medical help?)

The fingerprint tech does one thing for Disney, lowers their insurance costs. It works in much the same way people with a security system have lower homeowners insurance.

If Disney did not get a discount on their insurance, the scanners would not be there.

Their explanation of it "not really being a fingerprint" is completely bogus too. "Your finger print is converted to a unique number" . Thats like saying "It's not your bank information on your ATM card, it's just tiny pieces of magnets lined up in a way to give your card a unique identifier.

Disney sucks and the horror stories that you can find about their theme parks are very disturbing.
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read alice in wonderland ? I think most will have read it or seen some spin off movie from the book.

I also suggest you read this...

www.nasa.gov...

Disney and N.A.S.A ? Well Disney goes much deeper and much darker.

Have fun getting out of your hole when you decide to chase the white rabbit.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
so what ????????

don`t like it , don`t go to disney . simple solution

going to disney is not a right , it is a privelidge , subject to terms and conditions

further more disney is private property - and entry is legally by invitation - and yup accepting that invitation is implicit acceptance of all disneys terms and conditions

just like any other paid for service

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I can see the issue about the watch list applications.. however it is or was originally presented to attach children to thier parents in case of an abduction .. which is extremly under reported from these types of places... the idea was that exiting adults with children would be asked to scan to compare the children with thier info. Again good in intent but no way to restrict it to said use

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Disney is a very dark entity as a whole I believe.

I agree with you. And this story is very disturbing. I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am. I should have expected it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke
I hate to burst everyones bubble, but Disney doesn't care about your safety in the park.

You are absolutely right.

We were there a few years back and stayed for the fireworks at EPCOT. They have them out over the lake in the international area. There was a huge fireworks accident. The barge blew up. The heat blasts were intense - even back as far as we were on dry land. THere were rolling explosions and rolling secondary explosions.

The park didn't evacuate people from the international area.
The park didn't say anything at all.
The next day the newspapers didn't have any information on it.

DISNEY was like Darth Vader - big, dark, and with seemingly supernatural powers to keep everyone and everything under their control.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Disney is one of the late great Illuminatis and what better place than this to experiment and put big brother to work?

Go on their Disney Cruise- they dont even check luggage.

Its a joke!

Upon return to the states, you just slip out and head home. No need to show ID.

Its all BS.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
I did the scan along with my family because my wife begged me to not make a scene. Im regretting that decision the more I think of it.

...then dont think about it.

The answer is in the words you speak.
As you will notice the 'thinking' is causing an 'issue' - besides that there is not an issue from what I have read. - you had fun.

So what if there is a database - some people might even go a step further and say that its even a smoke screen and that an alien species already has are dna samples, etc.
Far fetched...but where do you draw a line? See they are all stories despite how 'real' they might seem - they are not occuring or rather posing an issue in the only moment we have...which is now.

When we project and worry about past or future, we are unnecessarily destroying our bodies, as there is not solution...its all 'mind' games.

The solution comes at the moment it is needed, not with undue concern or thinking.

So was it good or bad to do the finger scan?
Neither. What is harmful though is the worry and fear that you bring to yourself.
If you dont want a scan...then walk away...otherwise you have created a story/problem which cannot be resolved as its on the level of the ego.

Im not one to put this in words.
If your at all interested check out Eckhart Tolles New EArth (i recommend audio books to get the feel.) Look at the chapters and see what you want to listen to.

But as your wife said, 'dont make a scene' - Im sure my wife has said that too a few times.

At the end of the day, it is possible to learn to relax and have fun.
ATS is fun and its great to get info...but the world seems to run off of fear and worry.

Peace

Dalen

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe they're comparing the fingerprints with a database of fingerprints from known pedophiles? And if they get a match, they'll keep that person under surveillance while they are there?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything sinister here.

It's just to make sure multi-day passes are used by the same person to try to defeat ticket fraud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join