It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You an ATS Geezer?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sometimes I feel so old on this board -- there are members that are just about young enough to be my grandkids, if I'd bred early.

So, for those who aren't vain enough to want to hide it, who here is over 40?

Do you feel like a geezer, well do ya?

I'm coming up on 43, and I really feel out of place sometimes. Not only am I older than most of the membership, I'm a woman to boot. I don't see that many fellow "board grannies" hereabouts.

But I don't really mind too much. Sometimes I can help the youngins with the benefit of my checkered past.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I resemble that remark!

I'm forty somethin'

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling kinda lonely.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm 33 and I still feel like a geezer around here sometimes!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
LOL I don't know if I should feel bad about that or not.

Perhaps just more ancient.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Who's calling me a geezer? I'm only 53 for gosh sakes!

For me, the question is, where did all these young whippersnappers come from?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm a 44 year old basta'd...........

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Only 29 (nearly 30)

But I'm a Diamond Geezer!

Anybody got salmon?

Sorted!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
MM- I'm creeping up on 40- about 4 years from now.And forty is not old!Woman can look great feel great and be great 40+.When you turn 60 you can admit you are getting up there, but not at 43.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm 43, and half the time I feel much much older than that, particularly when people are referenceing late model conversational terms...that horrible grinding noise you hear would be my brain trying to figure out what's being talked about...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm 28 and I think being 40 is not old as I will be there soon. Women are beautiful at 40 and wiser. I at least I hope I will be wiser when 40 and am looking foward to it. As long as you do not regret your past and have good memories the future is something to look foward to.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hooray for us geezers and proto-geezers!

We need to start a club here.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Don't feel bad about being older...

As the saying goes, with age comes knowledge; with knowledge comes power.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

For me, the question is, where did all these young whippersnappers come from?

Your 53 and you don't know where whippersnappers come from.

It's us old geezers that made them all.......

So far only benevolent tyrant is older than me in this thread, but I'm trying to catch up. If she'll just stop aging for about 7 years we'll be even.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
So far only benevolent tyrant is older than me in this thread, but I'm trying to catch up. If she'll just stop aging for about 7 years we'll be even.

Oh Oh......I had hoped that this particular misconception was, at long last, put to rest. I am not a "she". This notion arose with Benevolent Heretic. BH is a "she" whereas I, the benevolent tyrant (aka....bt) am not a "she". However, I a am, indeed, benevolent (just don't ask me for money).

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes, I'm older than 40. At least, chronologically.

Like most guys, I stopped maturing emotionally at about 12. Sometimes we act mature to attract chicks (or provide the illusion of a good example for our kids), but deep down, we'd like to just have squirt gun fights and blow up stuff.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Like most guys, I stopped maturing emotionally at about 12. Sometimes we act mature to attract chicks (or provide the illusion of a good example for our kids), but deep down, we'd like to just have squirt gun fights and blow up stuff.

Have truer words ever been spoken?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am older than *cough* 40

I beleive there is someone in their 70's here-

Age is just a state of mind and since that's the case, i'm 18.

I like being my age! I've done it all, seen it all, and have experience!! I can be a teenager or i can be an old fart.
I chose to be young minded even though sometimes i feel like a 100.

Its all in the head.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Yes, I'm older than 40. At least, chronologically.

Then I must be an honorary guy. Squirt guns and blowing up stuff is fun. It's why I used to make my way out to Burning Man every year.

Now it's too expensive. And way too crowded. First time I went there were only 1500 of us and it only cost $35. Now it's over 20,000 and costs nearly $300.

Aha! Here's the perk of being a geezer, you can play the nostalgic game, When I Was Young.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Even though I'm in my fifties (god, have I really been around for a half century?), I don't feel old. In fact, I don't feel -- or think -- like "an old person". I still love comic books, rock, metal, action movies, going to comic book and science-fiction conventions and concerts. I still love to go camping, to paddle down a creek in my canoe and to sit around a roaring campfire, telling ghost stories and tall tales.

Age is really an idea. It's a matter of mind. If you "feel old", well then, you are old. If you still are excited by the prospect of what tomorrow may bring, you are young at heart and young in spirit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join