It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore's son busted for drugs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055
If i were his son... I would probably be on drugs too.

Hah! Exactly what I was thinking! At least this is good advertising for Toyota - who knew a Prius could do 100+?!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana

Originally posted by Bumr055
If i were his son... I would probably be on drugs too.

Right. Blame the parents! It works in the USA rather nicely. Go to another country and you're the CRIMINAL, i dont care if your mother bites you while your father holds you down.

Three times a day
And six times on Sunday.

That's a nasty little American habit- the parents must have done something to him.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Right. Blame the parents! It works in the USA rather nicely. Go to another country and you're the CRIMINAL, i dont care if your mother bites you while your father holds you down.

Three times a day
And six times on Sunday.

That's a nasty little American habit- the parents must have done something to him.

dgtempe, while I do think that upbringing has a lot to do with a person's actions later in life, what you are referring to is what I call the "victim's mentality." Someone goes out and kills fourteen people and there is always some excuse.

"Well,I was picked on as a child," of "My mother locked me in the closet and fed me dog #." To me, all of these excuses that people come up with are nothing more than that, excuses. It's just a way to skirt around personal responsibility. It's not my fault; it's any and everyone else's. It's rampant here in the United States.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Quite well spoken, SpeakerofTruth. In any case, my response was more of a joke against our former Vice President than anything else. Drugs, while vile, aren't such a big deal in this case, heck, driving 111MPH isn't really such a big deal (though in a Prius, I'm sure it's a big deal... sorry couldn't help myself) - but driving, especially very fast, while drugged up isn't good for anybody.

To the kid I'm sure this is no big deal (even though he is a repeat offender) because daddy is there to help him out. I'm sure his father is far more embarrassed than he is. For the elder Al, it's lucky for him his political career ended in 2000 because of the poor way he handled the election results. Elder Al is no longer a politician, but an entertainer. This is why I can, in some ways, empathize with the escapism his son seems to be practicing.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The search turned up ... Soma.

What!? Al Gores son had an ancient hindu diety with him??

wiki
Soma, or Haoma, ...was a ritual drink of importance among the early Indo-Iranians, and the later Vedic and greater Persian cultures. It is frequently mentioned in the Rigveda, which contains many hymns praising its energizing or intoxicating qualities.

It is described as prepared by pressing juice from the stalks of a certain mountain plant, which has been variously hypothesized to be a psychedelic mushroom, cannabis, Peganum harmala, Blue lotus, or ephedra. In both Vedic and Zoroastrian tradition, the drink is identified with the plant, and also personified as a divinity

Cool! I want to party with this guy!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
it just goes to show you how serious of a social problem we have with our younger generation (gee I sound old saying that) The promiscuity, drugs (legal and illegal), alcohol, just to name a few are no longer a lower class problem, even the rich and famous, well especially the rich and famous are finding themselves facing the same vices that break up families all across this country.

Its never been just a poor thing.. Drugs and crime have been a standard issue with the rich and powerful for a long time my friend.. Infact when I was younger, it was the rich kids who pulled some of the stunts and devinat acts non of us "lower" class kids would do.. Only differance is those kids mommies and daddies paid there ticket, or got them out of trouble becasue of their "status".. Rich and Famous people have always delt with the same issues, not only that, I belive that they are FAR worse than most lower class families.. Not only worse but more dangerous!
Yet you get a black kid out of the hood doing a lesser crime that some rich kid, who is going to burn??? The hood kid you bet your ass!
If you have enough money you can get away with anything!! Anything as far as mass murder in front of lots of people.
If you have enough money you can "buy" yourself out of trouble..
And if your Mommy or daddy is in a high place, well you can rest assure that you wont be sitting in some prison or jail.. You will get the nice comfy rich jail that they have for those type...
Its a sad sad world, when a rich pedofile can have their way with a child, get drunk kill someone, pull all the pranks they want, and in the end,
wright a check to someone, and get off scott free!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
All I know is that 100 is not that fast in Los Angeles especially at 2:15 AM. A cop may pull you over if he sees you but more often than not they look at the traffic conditions and don't go after the guy. I agree though that going 100+ on booze or drugs isn't a bright idea.

Had a highway patrol roll right next to me when I was in my late teens on the 118 freeway, he looked over at me checked me out for about 5 seconds nodded his head and excellerated off. I was going 115. In a stationwagon. Not a big deal to the CHP officer I guess. Probably sees it all the time. seriously LA's freeways are usually filled with cars going 85 and jumping up to 95-100 to pass other cars . See it every day to and from work in your normal traffic.

Got pulled over once for going "100+." cops were supposed to arrest me instead they gave me a speeding ticket brought my actual speed down or at least masked it and simply wrote 100+ I was in actuality going about 137. the cops circled infraction mentioned that I wasn't driving unsafely but that I was just negligent of the speed limit. I also had no license plates on my car I had left them in my trunk for about ehhhh. 8 months. they pulled me over once I had gotten off the freeway. no ticket for the plates. not ticket for failure to come to a complete stop at the off ramp and no ticket for speeding on a surface street. No towing of my car. nothing. Went to court and got one hell of a fine. $1,475. but I wasn't the only one in traffic court that day for going 100+.

The drugs though concern me. I see drunk drivers all the time. usually they are driving much slower than the traffic flow and seem like they are passing out at the wheel, usually looking and driving more like a person who can't find an address they are looking for. they are dangerous. especially when they bump the curb on a turn cause they can't negotiate properly. I've seen the same guys on the freeway drive right over those cement islands the differentiate the offramp and the highway. You know right when the offramp forks off for good from the physical highway. sparks flying everywhere. usually some dumbass in a mercedes drunk coming home from the clubs.

I think Gore Jr. should be busted for the drugs. the driving. ehhh not really a big deal.

As for me. yeah i know i've driven fast before. I'm sorry. On the bright side I was trained how to drive at EVOC along side CHP, Police, Sheriffs, Ambulance drivers, and fire truck drivers. We all took the same course. teaching us how to do all the fancy stuff. Getting Nastycar rated. Actually makes decent conversation when the cop pulls you over. I actually went on to take a few more extended courses a few years later at EVOC and have more driving credentials than most police officers. Not all but more than most. Even got taught how to do the PIT manuver on other cars while on the track. SO my driving is about as safe as any cop who decides he's going to fly around going 100+.

Not recommended for the untrained though. don't get me started on mulholland and how many untrained drivers I see up there doing stuff they really shouldn't. Really really shouldn't. believe it or not you can tell just about all you need to know about how good a person is at driving just by observing the disposition of the car and even how the driver is sitting in he car. Cops know what to look for and pull the less skilled over more regularly. I've had cops decide not to pull me over just because of how my cars disposition was while doing the traffic violation. PS never hit another car before. Every accident has been at slow speeds with people hitting my car. unsafe lane changes things like that.

Back to the topic. Bad Gore Jr! Bad! Your dad must be mortified. although I can't imagine Al Sr. whooping his kids butt, although it may be warranted in this case especially since he is a repeat offender for the drugs thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Not the ancient mystical soma....

Soma is a tablet, round, white, and about 1/3" in diameter. It has a very bitter taste. It's chemical generic name is Carisoprodol and comes in 350mg tablets. It is a muscle relaxer, but feels more like you turn into mush. Taking a large quantity can be very dangerous. It can make you freeze where as you are unaware of what's going on and you can't move any part of your body.

Sorry, I was a pill addict for 10 years, and I urge anyone not to dabble around with them.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
muscle relaxers and driving...not a good thing. Especially if they make you feel like mush. probably can't move quickly enough to avoid un-forseen obstacles like other cars n stuff. Especially at high speeds.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
These things can happen in any family and its a shame. I'm sure Al & wife did the best they could.
I posted this because its become a real problem among all levels of society and something should be done.

It happens among Republicans too, if we want to nit pick.

Watch your kids- go back to chaperoning them if you have to

Do something!!!!!

I'm a mother of two sons and i'm always worried myself. We tried to teach them right from wrong, but you just never know.

BTW, half a Soma can put me in a coma. We call them "comas" around here.

[edit on 6-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Al Gore has lived his life in the public eye. He knew when he went into politics that he, AND HIS FAMILY, would be continually watched and discussed in the news. Al Gore failed to be elected, but he continues to be in the public eye and involved in political discourse. Therefore, Al's son IS fair game for the TV News to discuss. Al knows this ...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
FF, i agree!

And as Vice President and almost President of our nation, he will continue to be in the public eye until he dies, no matter what his kids do.

So

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
All I can say is... Who cares!!!

With all the troubles in the world today who cares about one totaly insignificant individual getting popped for a minor infraction. Iraq, White House criminal activity, losses in civil liberties, global warming, environmental degradation, global terrorism ... and suddenly talking about someone's kid getting in trouble for having plant products in his vehicle is somehow significant????

Praise the lord and pass the ammo cuz them demon hippies are going to hell in a hand basket.

Move on ... nothing to see here folks.... Back to your cubicles.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Watch your kids- go back to chaperoning them if you have to

Do something!!!!!

I'm a mother of two sons and i'm always worried myself. We tried to teach them right from wrong, but you just never know.

doesnt this contradict your earlier statement that it is NEVER the parents fault, that children should stop blaming their parents.

It IS the parents fault IMO, and it is always the parents fault. Im a father and i know that if the kid makes stupid choices, it is because I did not teach him well enough.

If he is out doing bad things, it was because i was to busy to do things with him and it is my fault completely.

try having some personal accountability.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It appears he has now been officially charged

Al Gore’s son charged with drug possession

LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. - Al Gore’s son was charged Friday with possessing marijuana and other drugs that authorities say were discovered in his car after he was pulled over this month for speeding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join