It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore's son busted for drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Al Gore III -- whose father is a leading advocate of policies to fight global warming -- was driving his environmentally friendly car at about 100 miles per hour on a freeway south of Los Angeles when he was pulled over by an Orange County sheriff's deputy at about 2:15 a.m.

The deputy smelled marijuana and searched the car, said sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. The search turned up a small amount of marijuana, along with prescription drugs including Valium, Xanax, Vicodin, Adderall and Soma. There were no prescriptions found, he said.

Despite the squeeky clean image his father and mother have, this happened- goes to show you that sometimes upbringing, no matter how hard you try setting examples, can fail.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If i were his son... I would probably be on drugs too.

If you believe in GW or not.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Do you think we could take a look at that external source or is it un linkable?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055
Do you think we could take a look at that external source or is it un linkable?

I'm not sure which site she used, but here's a link to an ABC article regarding the incident.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't care about the drugs themselves, but driving down the road at 100 MPH on them (even in an eco-friendly tin can) is truly menacing to society.

But I bet Paris Hilton will have spent far more time in jail than he will ever see.

[edit on 7/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
it just goes to show you how serious of a social problem we have with our younger generation (gee I sound old saying that) The promiscuity, drugs (legal and illegal), alcohol, just to name a few are no longer a lower class problem, even the rich and famous, well especially the rich and famous are finding themselves facing the same vices that break up families all across this country.

As for this story in particular as well with children of politicians who also get in trouble, I think it's a rebellion thing, they are clearly expressing that they have no intentions in following their parents path.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
But I bet Paris Hilton will have spent far more time in jail than he will ever see.

You're probably right. Since he didn't violate any probation, like Hilton did, he'll likely just get a slap on the wrist (akin to what the Bush twins received when they had their repeated alcohol related issues).

[edit on 7/4/07 by redmage]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It's nothing particularly unusual.

Here in the UK a couple of ex-Prime Ministers in living memory have had trouble with their kids. Blair's eldest son, Euan, was found drunk in Trafalgar Square when he was 16 after celebrating his exam results.

And then we have Margaret Thatcher's son, Mark, who's been involved in all kinds of unsavoury dealings (including allegedly being involved with a coup attempt in Africa).

A bit of marijuana and a few prescription drugs? Mark Thatcher puts Al Gore's son to shame

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Sorry i forgot to put up a link.

He definatly needs some time in jail, however, Paris violated her probation if i understand it correctly- that's a sure fire way to jail.

I'm sure the authorities will deal with this reckless kid one way or another.

Al must be mortified!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Meh, I agree he shouldn't have been going that fast, and hopefully he wasn't on any of the drugs while in the act, but I'm not going to criticize him for the drugs. Having that many with him was pretty stupid, and carrying an amount larger than what he can use was also pretty stupid, but he did what he did, and it's pretty normal.

Carrying prescription drugs without a scrip isn't a good idea. My wife at one time was using an old prescription pill bottle for keeping vitamins and stuff in, nothing illegal, but I told her, she shouldn't do that, it might raise some eyebrows.

As far as pot is concerned, I know in WI if you have more than say, half an ounce they will try to get you for intent to deliver. I'm not sure what CA law is, but here a first offense small possession for pot is a misdemeanor with a slap on the wrist and a fine if you can convince them it's for personal.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't care about the drugs themselves, but driving down the road at 100 MPH on them (even in an eco-friendly tin can) is truly menacing to society.

In the UK there is (and has been for ages now) been debate on some sections of motorway having 100mph limit, although I doubt it'll ever get through I think dynamic speed limits on certain roads (say 100mph in good weather conditions and clear roads) could work.

I've served a ban for DUI, i will be miffed, but unsurprised if he gets off with a lightly spanked rear.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The Gores were proponents of the PMRC, an organization consisting mostly of wives of politicians, whose intent was to have a labeling system to warn parents of the dangers of music and free speech. Ironically, it was Frank Zappa's kids who turned out normal.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Despite the squeeky clean image his father and mother have, this happened- goes to show you that sometimes upbringing, no matter how hard you try setting examples, can fail.

fail !!!, im glad im not your child..

instead, why dont you just chalk one on the board under "life experience"?

Im proud of the young man, except all the prescription drugs, that stuff is bad for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Well he's only taken his dad's advice, and gone "green".

It's bio-degradeable, and sustainable.

His dad should be proud!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You know, this guy has been in and out of trouble. It's funny that this is the first mention of it.

What cracks me up about these people that are doing and selling drugs is that they attract attention to themselves. You would think that a person that is either on or selling drugs would be very mindful. Nope, instead they get out on the highway and drive 100 mph!!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose

fail !!!, im glad im not your child..

likewise.

BTW, he's a habitual offender, so he COULD go to jail. Its happened before.

I'd take him across my knee and whip the hell out of him. @#$%

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
[edit on 5-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yawwwn...I'm sick of the triple and quadruple posts.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It is truly an Inconvenient Truth for him. Lulz---Bad pun

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i was reading about this...

i'ma newbie here, but doesn't this look like standard SOP in an upcoming election? it's like politicians hire failed hollywood screenwriters and this soap opera garbage is fed to the public every year. i mean, this appears to come directly from the Karl Rove handbook: distract the public with juicy gossip, work the crowd into a frenzy with allegations that have nothing to do with anything, then slide up into office.

i dunno... i'm having a hard time buying this. but i'm not losing sleep over it: cause who cares?? i think everyone understands the "hidden agenda" behind this newfound environmentalism: and gore's movie did everything except deliver the depopulation party line. so: f@ck him and his brother...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join