It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's waiting for super smash bro's brawl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I reserved my copy on Wednesday. So since December 3rd falls on a Saturday I'm going to go fetch it in the morning and throw an all day Brawl party with three of my friends.

Now I'm just curious as to how this apparent story mode is going to go.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I reserved my copy on Wednesday. So since December 3rd falls on a Saturday I'm going to go fetch it in the morning and throw an all day Brawl party with three of my friends.

Now I'm just curious as to how this apparent story mode is going to go.
Yeah I know what ya talkin' about cyberdude78, I hope this new mode comes out great and we get to kick some cyber ass when we play the game online. Hope everything comes out alright and they don't decide to pull the release back more like what had happened to GTA:4.Thanks for postin' and hope ya have a great day.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm really hoping that the game isn't delayed, but I'd rather have it delayed and be great rather than it be rushed. Look at Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, both delayed but both rated as two of the best games ever made.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I'm really hoping that the game isn't delayed, but I'd rather have it delayed and be great rather than it be rushed. Look at Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, both delayed but both rated as two of the best games ever made.
Ya got that right cyberdude78 'cause those were 2 of the best games I've played since I've been a gamer.I hate it when people think of the games we've mentioned as bein' for little kids only, these games can be played by an older audience(me included) and in my opinon are way too hard for some of these kids to even be playin' with, all the puzzle stuff and the thinkin' involved will drive some of these kids nuts. Thanks for postin' back

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
My local EB is hosting a SSBM competition whose winner receives a copy of BRAWL!!!!!

I'm gonna whoop arse

and if I don't, one of my crew will. That's how I roll!

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
My local EB is hosting a SSBM competition whose winner receives a copy of BRAWL!!!!!

I'm gonna whoop arse

and if I don't, one of my crew will. That's how I roll!
Hope ya whoop all their asses so ya could get the free copy so you won't have to pay the full price of the damn game but it wouldn't do you good 'cause you already pe-ordered the game. I'm still waitin' for the arrival so all of us can get into the brawl and see who comes out on top, see ya later 'cause I'm doin' some art for my other thread.
( hope ya don't get mugged for the game)

[edit on 8-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There's a new character in the game which is a pokemon trainer, who happens to use 3 different pokemon to do the fightin' for him. The three are charizard,ivysaur, and squirtle, if there's any pokemon fans out there they're gonna enjoy these pics, see ya.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Charizard looks down right pissed, and freaking amazing all around. I'll tell you, Nintendo has gotten pretty good at portraying anger and malice lately. Just look at Mario Strikers Charged, it's like they took the sport that induced the most fights (football of course) and used it as a testbed for Brawl.

Just look at the concept art on Yoshi;

And Mario looks ready to kill the next French national football player he meets;

Now look at Brawl;

Looks to me that Nintendo's not holding back on this one.

posted on Aug, 14 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Charizard looks down right pissed, and freaking amazing all around. I'll tell you, Nintendo has gotten pretty good at portraying anger and malice lately. Just look at Mario Strikers Charged, it's like they took the sport that induced the most fights (football of course) and used it as a testbed for Brawl.
Looks to me that Nintendo's not holding back on this one.
Thanks for those pics cyberdude78, nintendo is tryin' to get some of it's older players back into the system. I play mario strikers with my friends from time to time, I'm thinkin' about gettin' the wii version. Hope ya post some more stuff up 'cause I love nintendo art. (you should shorten the image so no moderators won't bash ya )

[edit on 14-8-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Now that I see how large it is I'd change it, but I can no longer go back and edit that post.

So if any mods want to edit my post there's no hard feelings.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thanks for postin' back cyberdude, hope some mod helps change the size of the image, since you've posted some pics I'll show ya some more stuff. Hopefully we'll meet again. (instead of trophies you'll have to collect stickers, I guess??)

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Based on the description he said that they're easier to get than trophies. Maybe that means he's comparing Brawl to Melee, but more likely I think that he means that both will be included. I'm guessing that stickers are just sort of a cheap little thing you pick up, but a trophy would be something you have to work for.

posted on Aug, 15 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Maybe that means he's comparing Brawl to Melee, but more likely I think that he means that both will be included. I'm guessing that stickers are just sort of a cheap little thing you pick up, but a trophy would be something you have to work for.
Yeah the guys over at nintendo could have meant that, hopefully we'll still be gettin' those cool trophies and those course challenges from Melee. See ya later cyberdude78, hope ya post back so we could chat about stuff from melee.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hey folks I've got some new pics to show ya, it's of one of the characters we've grown up to love as mario tries to rescue her time after time from Bowser. The graphics have changed since the last installment so I'm expectin' the gameplay to be more jam packed and stylish. Hope ya folks have a good night and post some of your favs tommorow.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well I'm not too particularly excited about Diddy Kong's announcement, I've got to say that I'm now getting very interested in the Subspace Emissary mode. Looks to me like we'll actually see a pretty freaking sweet story mode.

Anyone noticed that the Ancient Minister's eyes are very similar to those of Meta Knight? And that he deployed out of Meta Knight's ship, the Halberd. I'm willing to bet that there's a connection. That and with the inclusion of Petey Piranha (boss battle anyone?), I'm betting on a hero's vs. villains bit. Mario, Kirby, Peach and Zelda are all on the hero's side, so the lack of villains is a bit suspicious. Plus I think it'd be a great follow up the Event Match 51, the Showdown, in Melee where you fight Mewtwo, Ganondorf and Giga Bowser.

Perhaps some outside force has taken over Nintendo's villains and are using them against the world of Smash Bros.? If that were the case maybe you'll start off with Kirby and steadily unlock hero's and villains by fighting them, like the old Classic mode.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberdude78

That'll be a cool battle scheme , I'd like to see that happen, as for the Event 51 thing it'll have to have more baddies and the last stage f gannondorf, or some other huge baddie from thr nintendo series. Thanks for stoppin' by again and I'll post up some new pics later !!

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My bets on the big villains behind all this are as follows;

1. Bowser. I'm betting you'll fight him twice, at least once in Giga Bowser form.
  2. Ganondorf, possibly a second battle with him in feral Ganon form.
  3. Mewtwo. Hopefully they'll keep him in the game, and maybe have to fight him in a compltely psychadelic stage.
  4. Metaknight, although I can see him switching sides part way through the story.
  5. King Dedede, I can imagine him being in Brawl.
  6. Ridely. He really needs to be in Brawl, Metroid deserves to have more than just Samus (not that Samus isn't completely amazing).
  7. Doppelgangers of some sort for the hero's. Guys like Shadow Mario or Dark Samus. Not as playable characters, but maybe as unlockable costumes.
  8. Wario. He's somewhere between anti-hero and villain, but he'd add some humor to the villains team.
  9. Master Hand and Crazy Hand. It'd be kind of cool to learn the mystery behind them.
  10. Snake. He's an outsider, so I can see him getting lumped in with the villains.
  11. Shiguru Miyamoto, Regie Fils-Anime, and President Iwata. They'd be great for a surprise battle, and they'd be nigh invincible.
  12. Chuck Norris. Just so Nintendo can say they have they've made the hardest game ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
^^^^

I'm curious as to what you mean here:

Snake. He's an outsider, so I can see him getting lumped in with the villains.

Snake is a hero, although he is more brutal than most, and as for the outsider, he was born on Nintendo in "Metal Gear".

Though I would like to see him sneak up on Mario and break his neck...

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Snake is a hero, although he is more brutal than most, and as for the outsider, he was born on Nintendo in "Metal Gear".

I'd lve to see Snake doin' that to mario since I'm sick and tired of Mario bein' in the lime light in all the series, I'd like to see more than just a character from MGS, probably some other game company or some more characters from the Sonic series, see ya guys later.

posted on Aug, 22 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
^^^^

I'm curious as to what you mean here:

Snake. He's an outsider, so I can see him getting lumped in with the villains.

That's essentially what I meant, he's more brutal. He's almost an antihero compared to what you see from most Nintendo characters. And by outsider I mean he's a 3rd party character, unlike all the others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join