It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kobayashi vanquished... The "Mustard Yellow Belt" back in US hands...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

NEW YORK -- In a gut-busting showdown that combined drama, daring and indigestion, Joey Chestnut emerged Wednesday as the world's hot dog eating champion, knocking off six-time winner Takeru Kobayashi in a record-setting yet repulsive triumph.

Chestnut, the great red, white and blue hope in the annual Fourth of July competition, broke his own world record by inhaling 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes -- a staggering one every 10.9 seconds before a screaming crowd in Coney Island.

sports.espn.go.com...

I saw this coming... Kobayashi reign has ended, and with it, a new era of hot dog eating has emerged. Hat's off to Joey Chestnut!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
From the article

Once the contest ended, the runner-up suffered a reversal -- competitive eating-speak for barfing -- leading to a deduction from his final total.

Does this mean someone has to actually "count" whatever is in the barf pile?

Man, even though I like Nathans hot dogs. The whole idea of downing 66 of them, gives me a sympathetic stomach ache.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would hope that...

Any reversal count would be more subjective than objective...

But you do bring up an interesting off topic subject... I truly love Nathan's but I've discovered as one travels the country there are regional purveyors of "encased meats" that are truly amazing... my favorite of all coincides with my current location...Miller's Hot Dogs are fantastic!

I invite any of our indulgers of the fine art of the frankfurter to list their own "dog of choice."

Mod Note: Anyone listing a "tofu dog" or other "meat substitute" will be banned.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wonder whether it's hard to get health insurance if they find out that your the current hotdogging champion. . . .

[edit on 5-7-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Yuck, I never quite got the idea of competitive eating.

How is it that it's always thin people who end up winning these things though?

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Saw this one on the news - on the train - man that's a lotta dogs!

Personally I can't really stomach those type of frankfurter thingys.

Try eating 66 real sausages from a decent butchers shop!

Had some great Lamb and mint sausage sandwitches the other day.

top topics

join