It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35C set to enter low-rate initial production

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The production of these aircraft is getting there. i wonder as these milestones are net (albiet delayed) many of the potiential fighter purchases will be delayed of put off?

Lockheed Martin and the U.S. Navy completed the Air Systems Critical Design Review (CDR) for the F-35C Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter on June 22, paving the way for the initial production process to begin. First flight of the F-35A is tentatively scheduled for 2009.

The F-35C is designed for operation from aircraft carriers and is the third version of the JSF under development, the other two being the F-35A for the U.S. Air Force and the F-35B for the U.S. Marine Corps. Completion of the CDR process clears the F-35C to enter Low-Rate Initial Production (LRIP).
www.aviationnow.com.../awst_xml/2007/07 /02/AW_07_02_2007_p31-01.xml&headline=F-35+Entering+LRIP

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
When I first heard of the JSF I had doubts as to how popular or practical the fighters would be.

The end of this article talks about the Navy putting off purchaces to afford enough JSF.
GlobalSecurity Article

Searching through Google, it seems alot of countries are willing to invest in it.
Wikipedia - International Participation

I'd like to see how popular the JSF line becomes.

join