It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the world will happen a HUGE amounts of times...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's like a broken record...

www.chrisnelson.net...

Would make a BLOCKbuster movie!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 10:12 PM
link   
For the record (and just to mention) the Mayan calendar date of DEC 23, 2012 is actually referred to as the End of Days, which as far as I know is about in change in the way we view time. There are some strange legends which talk about what happens then. But for the most part, they reflect a change in the way the human race will view time. One of the reasons that some feel that it is the end of the world is because the Calendar stops on that date. To be honest what was the Mayans (again as far as I know) reasoning for doing this, was that Calendars after this date. Of the type which present this issue will no longer be valid as a means of presenting and chronicling the passage of time.

I agree Bandit is sounds very much like a broken record
one possibly meant to to keep us from thinking about other things.

[Edited on 30-11-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 09:00 PM
link   
"May 5, 2003--A UFO will pick up true believers on this date, according to the Nuwaubians, a Georgia cult headed by Dr. Malachi Z. York, who claims to be the incarnation of God and a native of the planet Rizq. (Time Magazine, July 12, 1999)"
Heh! Maybe someone should inform Brian that his Dad is going to show up next year...

Overall, I think that people who persist in predicting so many "end-of-the-world scenarios" might be a bit afraid of actually *living* a life for themselves...Either that, or they're merely trying to make a buck & get into the limelight.

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 10:17 PM
link   
We often talk about Commandment but what about the Mandate. This being that we are to be fruitfull and multiply, in other words survive.

new topics

top topics

join