It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
im going to go out on a limb here and say that fooling with technology in such a way seems like it would have consequences on either our side, the other side, and quite possibly both. especially if the technology were to be misunderstood and/or manipulated.

I'm not talking about a different dimension like in Star Trek, full of living creatures or anything. I'm just talking about another dimension of the space we're all living in now, and I doubt that there would be anything harmful in extracting some kind of energy from it, if it was at all possible. Because if that was the case, we'd be harming all kinds of little dimensional critters every time we fire up an electromagnet at a junkyard.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

Pardon if I just can't buy the "intense heat" stall tactic. Those lights are TINY halogen lamps, and do not put off that kind of heat. Besides, if it can't work under a few lightbulbs... how is it going to work -anywhere- else?

The exhibit was closed yesterday (the 4th), today (the 5th), and most likely will be closed tomorrow as well (the 6th).

[edit on 7-6-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

You obviously haven't been around 'hot lights'. That's what we photographers call them because the intense heat they generate. We usually even take few for outdoor shoots at winter so we can warm up next to them

I have to agree with forsaken, those lights are very powerful, if youve never been around photography lighting or film production equipment you may be inclined to debate this, but anyone whom has had regular dealings with these forms of lights know how merciless they can be when you are in their direct path, and just to cover all the bases, because ive had some numb skull responces from others in other thread not pertaining to this one (ofcourse!), being the center of focus, this model is most certainly in the lights direct path

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus

im going to go out on a limb here and say that fooling with technology in such a way seems like it would have consequences on either our side, the other side, and quite possibly both. especially if the technology were to be misunderstood and/or manipulated.

I'm not talking about a different dimension like in Star Trek, full of living creatures or anything. I'm just talking about another dimension of the space we're all living in now, and I doubt that there would be anything harmful in extracting some kind of energy from it, if it was at all possible. Because if that was the case, we'd be harming all kinds of little dimensional critters every time we fire up an electromagnet at a junkyard.

i will have to agree with you on that and officially retract my statement. i think it was late and i was deffinately high as a kite when i posted that, your explanation makes more sense then my generalized comment which you responded to.*i concede suicide*

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

jesus, first never post so much. quote the best part and link the rest....seriously. second, dont ever post so much without proof reading...thnx.

Ahem......

Jesus, first, never quadruple post. Use the edit button that appears in your posts......seriously.
Second, how the hell can you complain about his proof-reading when your posts are devoid of capitalization and punctuation.

[edit on 18-7-2007 by Tiloke]

because i keep my comments relatively short in comparison and what i lack in menial puntuation i make up for in substance and efficiency in such

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
its a terrible tease what steorn is doing. i think either they are getting strong armed by some powerful faction or they are hoaxing. i just dont see why theyd hoax when their company's credibility is really at stake,not to mention the gentlemens personal reputation, i doubt he'd be well respected by anyone important if he turns out to be hoaxing.*tisk tisk* i hate not having any new info flowing in about this...

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

its a terrible tease what steorn is doing. i think either they are getting strong armed by some powerful faction or they are hoaxing. i just dont see why theyd hoax when their company's credibility is really at stake,not to mention the gentlemens personal reputation, i doubt he'd be well respected by anyone important if he turns out to be hoaxing.*tisk tisk* i hate not having any new info flowing in about this...

I believe they are the real deal. They have given extensive excuses on the failed demo, but thats only a set-back and these unexpected things do happen. Give them time, as they have stated they want to prove the technology before even thinking about marketing a product. They plan to do the demo again with a more stable setup.

This video shows the device spinning which will give people a taste, or invoke claims of a fraud. It must be facinating watch this device in person and to witness what so many so-called experts say isn''t possible.
I for one await steorns sucess and hope the best for them.

Scroll down to 3rd video.

energynotfree.blogspot.com...

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
thanx freezer, i agree. iam inclined to think they have absolutely no reason to hoax and i expect that given enough time they may very well revolutionize our energy views.it is an exciting time for modern america particularly, such a breakthough would shatter many branches of supply and demand. perhaps weaking the chokehold of greed? dare i hope?

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

I believe they are the real deal. They have given extensive excuses on the failed demo, but thats only a set-back and these unexpected things do happen. Give them time, as they have stated they want to prove the technology before even thinking about marketing a product. They plan to do the demo again with a more stable setup.

This video shows the device spinning which will give people a taste, or invoke claims of a fraud. It must be facinating watch this device in person and to witness what so many so-called experts say isn''t possible.
I for one await steorns sucess and hope the best for them.

Scroll down to 3rd video.

energynotfree.blogspot.com...

[edit on 26-7-2007 by Freezer]

Perendev motors DON'T WORK.

Easy and simple. Steorn's machine always has been, a fraud.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
oh? doesnt work? you know this as absolute fact im sure right? if you have evidence to back that id like to hear it. im still fence sitting but i wont rule anything out. id like to believe it will work.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I cant see how people doubt there is a supression effort. If you make tiny modifications to your car´s carburator, you go to jail. Why?
In italy around a year ago, people were using colza oil instead of diesel, its much cheaper and less polutant. People got jailed/fined, and it stopped. Why?

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
well im not one to be surprised and im one who believes its bs how much we are restricted from knowing in terms of resources. i would seriously doubt that we dont have methods of fuel and enery that is much much cleaner and cheaper but the oil industry is just a dirtbag collecting the most apathetic and greedy individuals to its cause and along the way polluting our environment terribly and without remorse. im sure that the BILLIONS of dollars steorn would cause such companies to lose is a very plentiful motive for suppressive action, money afterall is the most dangerous motivation...

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

oh? doesnt work? you know this as absolute fact im sure right? if you have evidence to back that id like to hear it. im still fence sitting but i wont rule anything out. id like to believe it will work.

There's a clip of the perendev in action on the american antigravity site I think. It doesn't work, and Steorns mag arrangement looks very similar to the perendev so they might be attacked on the authenticity of their device. I remember seeing a link in another thread about it here. Using permanent magnets as a motor is no good. You have to create the right arrangement to avoid locking (which effects revolution speed - and when you do get it working, the magnets drain like batteries from electron misalignment caused by the fluxing fields I've been told) to get it going, and they only seem to work in controlled environments. Very little has to go wrong for it not to work when attempting demonstration. If that's the case, it's not a useful invention if it's very sensitive to you moving it, surrounding electrical devices, etc.

[edit on 28-7-2007 by massexodus]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by massexodus
There's a clip of the perendev in action on the american antigravity site I think. It doesn't work, and Steorns mag arrangement looks very similar to the perendev so they might be attacked on the authenticity of their device. I remember seeing a link in another thread about it here. Using permanent magnets as a motor is no good. You have to create the right arrangement to avoid locking (which effects revolution speed - and when you do get it working, the magnets drain like batteries from electron misalignment caused by the fluxing fields I've been told) to get it going, and they only seem to work in controlled environments. Very little has to go wrong for it not to work when attempting demonstration. If that's the case, it's not a useful invention if it's very sensitive to you moving it, surrounding electrical
devices, etc.
[edit on 28-7-2007 by massexodus]

Steorns motor from what they've shown us looks nothing like the perendev motor.. I don't know where you heard that neodyniums would drain like batteries, but I dont think thats the case for all confirgurations. Neodyniums of equal fields will not lose their field for hundreds of years imo. Also no one really even knows how this motor works, as they haven't given out the design yet. Lets make the judgement when we see it in its entirety. I know there should be a lot of skepticism, but I've alwas believed if there's a will there's a way.

The bearing failed because of heat which was their excuse due to the changing of environment, not outside electrical devices. Point being the problem was bearing related, and that is totaly fixable. Also there are many types of shielding which don't really shield but deflect or reroute the field. On a related note, anyone working on a magnet motor, or in need to produce a shield, this video shows a possible way using stainless steel and brass as a switch of sorts, replicating steorns low energy actuator.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-7-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart
I cant see how people doubt there is a supression effort. If you make tiny modifications to your car´s carburator, you go to jail. Why?
Got any evidence of that? My neighbor, who is a drag racer, makes a lot more than tiny modifications to his carbs. He's not in jail (nor is he getting 100mpg with his cars).

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
well it could be argued that your friend is altering the cars for performance modifications and that he could get a ticket at least if he drove those cars around the street without them being approved as street legal. plus, your friend is doint the exact opposite of what the gentleman you quoted is implying one could go to jail for, which is extending the efficiency of his own cars functioning in a cost effective way.
have i ever heard of someone going to jail for modifications to a cars performance which makes it LESS performance saavy? no. never. but maybe he has.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I know someone pointed this out before, but I feel it's one really important point.
All energy is "free", it's harnessing (transforming) it into usefull electricity that is costly. The materials needed to build any device often cost plenty. The goal is to make this transformation as cheap as possible. Close to free!

Also, people often misstake a free energy source for the "infinity-machine". Thinking it has to be some sort of setup that runs for ever and ever putting out electricity at a steady pace. That's not the case.

You could do well if you manage to build some sort of setup that output energy for 1 year then run out! As long as the energy output accumulated during that year was "worth" more then the materials for building the device! Any device however small would still cost a small amount of money in materials, so it's never free. But it is negliable.

I personally believe there to be numerous (2-4) different ways to go about creating near free indefinite energy for just about everyone as it is today.
I am also certain the technology is being suppressed by lots of people worldwide.

Some would say the world economy is not ready for "free" energy. All transportation worldwide depend on gas to cost money. All oilcompanies ofcourse aswell. So are goverments with powerplants worldwide etc.

Personally I think it's just plain old greed

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Got any evidence of that? My neighbor, who is a drag racer, makes a lot more than tiny modifications to his carbs. He's not in jail (nor is he getting 100mpg with his cars).

Does he run around city streets with dragsters?

Anyway where Im from, its forbidden to tamper with the carburator of a car. Engines have to be homologated from factory... If you are caught with a non homologated engine, its a heavy fine, and possibly aprehension of vehicule.

Edit: in fact, its like that throughout the European Union from what im reading:

www.igf.min-financas.pt...

Its in Portuguese, dont ask me to translate it tho

[edit on 30-7-2007 by Rikhart]

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'd just like to say that we should have patience before anything else. The first demonstration failed, doesn't mean _anything_, nothing at all. If it's a fraud, who are the victims? It's not like they're gathering a huge sum of money from us internet people, who gets things for free anyway?

Whichever the result is, a bountiful source of energy or a fraud, there's no point in making any decisions right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RikhartIf you are caught with a non homologated engine, its a heavy fine, and possibly aprehension of vehicule.
Exactly. You get fined if you modify the emissions system of your car (and the carb is part of that). You don't go to jail. You said people go to jail for making small modifications to their carbs. That's just not true.

And if it WAS possible to somehow get super-efficiency out of a carb by tweaking it, don't you think there would be bunch of people who would risk the fine and do it? I see plenty of people running (illegally) without mufflers so their cars are super loud. They're willing to risk a fine just so their cars sound good. Surely some people would risk the fine to save a bunch of money. And surely the information on how to obtain super efficiency would be all over the web. But it's not, because it's simply not possible.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikhart

Anyway where Im from, its forbidden to tamper with the carburator of a car. Engines have to be homologated from factory... If you are caught with a non homologated engine, its a heavy fine, and possibly aprehension of vehicule.

Edit: in fact, its like that throughout the European Union from what im reading:

www.igf.min-financas.pt...

that is absolutly incorret [ at least in europe [ the EU ] ]

the only check preformed is gas analysis of thje exhaust emissions

the gases tested are :

CO - carbon monoxide
HC - hydrocarbons [ basically unburnt / partially burnt fuel ]
O2 - oxygen

there is no engine enspections carried out

if your exhaust gases fall with in proscribed limits - there is no problem -

engine mods are not , nor have ever been illegal or lead to vehicle confiscation

PS - if you hasve modified your carb to give these magic 100mpg plus fuel economies - then you must logically have such efficient combustion that your exhaust emmissions will be within limits .

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join