It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steorn's Orbo "free-energy" machine demonstrated!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
and for anyone who is interested....
here is a link to one of the parts that they have patented.

as i mentioned earlier, they cannot patent the whole device in itself because the patent office won't allow patents on any device that claims to go against the known laws of physics. so the above could be a part for anything and not necessarily from the orbo

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

as i mentioned earlier, they cannot patent the whole device in itself because the patent office won't allow patents on any device that claims to go against the known laws of physics. so the above could be a part for anything and not necessarily from the orbo

Just a guess but this may operate on the same principle that the Reed motor is purported to use - presuming it is part of their 'Orbo' technology.
If so and it does actually work, they may have legal issues when they try licensing the technology...

Reed Motor

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

If you think of those slanted magnets are water jets, forcing water out in one direction, you can see that it CAN push the wheel forever in one direction. But I'm not so sure....

And in your analogy, where would the "water" come from? There is no aether, by the way. I have taken a fair amount of physics (in high school and college) and I believe that folks who think magnets can produce free energy should consider taking a physics course. Whatever potential energy a magnet can produce has to be put into it FIRST in the form of pulling the magnets apart or pushing them together. That ALWAYS takes more energy than you get out.

Here's a good analogy: If I told you I had a free energy idea that involved dropping boulders off a cliff, which hits a strong "windmill" below, turning the windmill and generating electricity, would you buy that invention? No! You'd (rightly) point out that once I run out of boulders, the device would stop working. I could argue: "Oh, don't worry! All you have to do is drag the boulders back to the top of the cliff, and you're good for more energy!"

You'd rightly point out that it would take more energy to drag the boulders back up for another round than they generated while falling.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Sophismata... I think the trap that most people fall into when assessing these kinds of 'inventions' is assuming that they work entirely within the realm of classical physics. With the advent of quantum physics and other models (like string theory) classical physics has become suspect in many areas. We know, for example, that we are bathed in a vast sea of cosmological energy. We just don't (yet) know how to exploit it. Most people working in the FE/ZPE field are looking for ways to 'plug into' that energy.

Rather than the Orbo technology being a simple attraction/repulsion device, couldn't it be possible that the inventors are using the magnets to generate a local magnetic/gravitational effect that takes advantage of the cosmic energy all around us or even the energy of the earth and its heliosphere? Our measly sun puts out some 4 x 10^20 megawatts of power. There are over 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy alone. The energy constantly bombarding the relatively tiny cross section of the earth is still a phenomenal amount of energy. Plus, there are significant amounts of energy pumped into the atmosphere from manmade RF sources and electrical generation and transmission. If only we knew how to exploit these.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

According to Sean (the CEO), thats not the relevant patent. This part (called LEMA) is not used in their device. You can find his statements in the forum on steorn.com

They have other patents, that are not made public yet by some legal trickery. The purpose being , to keep it secret. Or if its not real, just to fool public and pretend that they have unreleased patents.

Many have said that the whole demo thing was withdrawn at the last moment because it showed too much.....

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
one of the steorn forum members who appears to know lots, drmike, travelled to london to see the device and will be publishing his report on his website of the fiasco soon.

he's briefly posted on steorns forum likening sean to the maths professor in the film 'a beautiful mind' (in which the guy is totally genuine and sincere but also schizophrenic and does things and talks to people that don't exist) so that's not looking too promising for steorn.

he seems to be suggesting that steorn's orbo device works wonderfully but only in sean's mind.

link here

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
And in your analogy, where would the "water" come from? There is no aether, by the way.

Water need not come from anywhere when you live inside an ocean. Its everywhere.
In science, everything is a hypothesis and there are no 'truths', only theories. Some theories explain things more accurately than others. Theories are not written on stone, they change with every generation or with every new discovery. Theories that don't explain new things die. Thats how knowledge increases and is refined.

Once upon a time there was Aether, it was a theory. Someone put up another theory without it. Now some people have proposed yet another one with it. Why? Something new came up. No one knows the 'truth' though.

The new thing is Casimir effect. There is a sea of energy in which everything is submerged, virtual particles are created and annihilated in huge numbers by taking energy from vacuum (which is no more a vacuum). Some people call the sea of energy - Aether. In a theory, the magnets are imagined as pumps, continuously displacing it.

Its not good to close the doors to the knowledge by claiming that there is no such thing, we don't know anything yet. The science and its theories are merely 200 years old (thats 2-3 generations). There has been some evidence of dark energy that makes up 90%+ of the universe, no one knew about it a few years ago !

I've studied science too, and I still keep learning, I think I'll never finish it

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The Machine/device/contraption/The Thang has yet to work. I honestly wish him well. Here is an excerpt from the most recent BBC interview with Sir Ash, an EE engineer You can link to coasttocoastam.com on the whats hot column..

or

news.bbc.co.uk...

"
...In short, law (conservation) states that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
It is the failure to appreciate the difference between this scientific law and a law of religion or of society which is why we know - without having to examine details of a particular device - that Orbo cannot work.
Sole focus
Zero point energy is the lowest possible energy a system can have and therefore cannot be removed.
He (Mcarthy)also points out that cosmologists believe in the presence of dark matter and dark energy. Might they somehow help his cause?

I believe that Mr McCarthy is truly convinced of the validity of his invention. It is, in my view, a case of prolonged self deception.

I ended our conversation by giving totally unsolicited advice: to drop Orbo and get back to software engineering.

It would not have been unreasonable had he then grabbed me by the collar and thrown me out of the window. He did none of these things and was totally genial.

Might I have convinced him? I do hope so. .." EOA Sir AsH

Its my nature to root for the under dog..nothing scientic about that..just that hope springs eternal. I remember when Scientific American, a well respected journal..stated that Flight by man was "impossible"

What can I say..Except that if Ash had nothing new to report, he should not have written article. But Macarthy's mention of Dark Matter ..where did all that matter go, we can't see it its got to behind all that black stuff..(would have been laughable just mere decades ago. yet we almost accept that as gospel. Either way I hope no one was fleeced for money..

.I hope the next article is a breakthru, or that if it does work, it must all the time. You wont buy a waterpump that only works 10 % of the time would you?

Unrelated..That Ash fellow looks pretty cool, I hope I look like that when I get older.

Sys

[edit on 11-7-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
... I remember when Scientific American, a well respected journal..stated that Flight by man was "impossible"...

...That Ash fellow looks pretty cool, I hope I look like that when I get older.

I take it that was a back-issue, otherwise I sense a slight disconnect here

But I take your point. Scientists today views themselves exactly as the clergy did 200-300 years ago - the highpriests of knowledge, with a God given right to decree what is and is not possible. If it was just the example you cite one could overlook but it isn't, history is littered with examples.

Anyway, this Steorn thing keeps getting more bizarre. Been reading through the Steorn forum via the link above and according to its participants, while a Jury has been selected to evaluate the technology, Sean McCarthy has said that they haven't seen a prototype yet and he will not be providing them with one (or have I read that wrong!)

None of this makes any sense...

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by masterp
People, get a grip on reality! there is no such thing as free energy!!! Steorn is a hoax!

Oh really? Care to elaborate?

That being said, Steorn may very well be another sham. Or, they could have had their equipment tampered with.

It's simple: given the millions of scientists who play with energy each day VS Steorn, I'll take the scientists. If such a thing existed, we would already know it.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by NGC2736
You've never been married, have you?

And it seems safe that you have never changed a diaper.

I have indeed been married.

I don't believe I've ever changed a 'diaper', as you call it. We used a different word.

So you believe a baby is 'something from nothing'. You're ignoring all the mass and energy inputs, so presumably you're talking about a 'soul' or something of that kind.

I don't do souls.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by Astyanax]

You also don't do humor much either, where you're from, huh?

Wives can spend more than we give them out of our paychecks, and any father knows that the output in crap is six times the input of milk.

I was just going along reading all the disputes back and forth, enjoying myself, and thought I would make a joke. Sorry it fell flat on you.

Oh, and with your sense of humor, it is good that you don't do souls.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
You... don't do humor much either, where you're from, huh?

Actually we do, but we tend to do it for a laugh rather than to boost our own egos at the expense of others. And we don't base our jokes on unwarranted assumptions, either.

Anyway, no harm done. Go back to the thread: it went thataway.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

They have other patents, that are not made public yet by some legal trickery. The purpose being , to keep it secret. Or if its not real, just to fool public and pretend that they have unreleased patents.

Many have said that the whole demo thing was withdrawn at the last moment because it showed too much.....

They can't possibly have any patents unless the laws change. They claim to have patents pending, which is possible. They never said they have existing patents on Orbo. Current law states that any device that is contrary to the laws of physics cannot be patented. I imagine if this device is proven to be true and work as advertised, it will allow for patent laws to be revised.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Orbo cares NOT for your puny Earth explanations!

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You didn't happen to save the video or remember any of the details do you? It says it was removed by the user now...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Dr Mike's report here:
www.eskimo.com...

He thinks its not a hoax..its delusion. I can't say which is better

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
They never said they have existing patents on Orbo. Current law states that any device that is contrary to the laws of physics cannot be patented.

They have said so. Patents are on the machine/mechnism not on principles. They are trying to keep them pending as long as possible. Of course no one can give any evidence of it. It can be a lie.

I've also heard the law that anything claimed to be working against the physical laws cannot be patented. But there are many examples where patents were granted on something which violated a law or two. For example Steven Mark's famous device. It all depends on the wording of the claim. A good patent lawyer will get you anything patented

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the steorn forum member drmike has released his final report found here

he was invited over to the uk demo by steorn (who paid for his ticket & hotel) to examine the device etc because he seems to be very knowledgeable and even calls himself a 'student of physics'

having read the report, it occurs to me to wonder why somebody so apparently intelligent could not figure out how to use the mobile phone he was given by an anonymous person (why he never brought his own is a bigger mystery).

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I don't know if you guys have seen this video, maybe someone posted it. If not, I think you should definitely watch it. If this is real, it is by far the best example of some unknown energy force that I have ever seen. The guy's name is Steven Mark.

[edit on 7/14/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Awesome vid pjslug!

I can't wait till somebody finally manages to get this kind of technology out en masse....

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join