It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News July 4th UFO coverage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This morning I was channel surfing and caught the tail end of an interview
with David Sereda who was touting his latest documentary "From Here To Andromeda".

Since I am a relative newbie to ATS, I seem to recall some highly skeptical posts about him, (i.e. just trying to make a buck by selling DVD's etc.) I must admit that he came off quite credible and sincere. I also found it interesting that the FOX commentators did not treat him like a "tin-foiled-hat-wearing" nut job. He purports to have some credible information in the new documentary from someone directly related to the Roswell incident. ( Although it might be a "friend of" someone)

Bottom line, as stated by numerous prior threads, there does seem to be more and more stories about UFO's and such.

Link to Documentary:

www.fromheretoandromeda.com...

Disclaimer: While I don't generally watch FOX News due to their extreme politcal bias, It is my opinion that they seem to appeal to the masses (read lowest common denominator of intelligence) and what better venue for dipping toe-in-the-water for disclosure from the MSM.

I am hastily putting on Flame Proof Suit.

Over and Out.....Kinda Kurious

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Do keep us updated

Whilst im sure things will continue on as normal (always seems too, irrespective of anything out of the ordinary), something feels like its in the works as we speak, so i wouldn't be all too suprised if some minor disclosure related thing happened in the near future.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I really hate to say this, but...
Doesn't this seem in line with the jist of the 'ET Hoax' thread, as stated by ghostrider? Like you said, FOX "appeals to the masses". Are they trying to get 'us' all to become desensitized to the idea of aliens, so when the time is right they can make their move? I dunno....sort of scary if you ask me!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
david sereda who claims to have received visions from ETs since he was 8 and is now in posession of flying suacer blueprints!! woohoo book me a seat on that bad boy when its built Dave!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
OP, good find. Even if most people don't care for Fox, you still need to keep an eye on them. See that's the excuse you can always use for being at such a place. A good excuse will keep "them" from taking away your tinfoil hat. (Note the use of the term "them", which is in no way to be confused with the term "they". "Them" is good and "they" are bad.)

Yep, Fox is changing.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
This morning I was channel surfing and caught the tail end of an interview
with David Sereda who was touting his latest documentary "From Here To Andromeda".

What show was it, at what time? Who was interviewing him?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If ANY major mass media even hints at the possiblity of an alien life form or official UFO coverage, we here at ATS (believers and skeptics) need to take a long hard look at what is going on.

I am of the belief that FOX, CNN, MSNBC, BBC etc. are controlled, therefore I do not believe that "they" would even mention this subject without being told to do so by some very powerful group who has an agenda or "them".
I could be completely wrong and I honestly hope that I am wrong.

If the believer, skeptics, fencers stopped trying to change the other persons beliefs, dropped the bickering, put their differences aside and worked together we could rule the world.LOL,okay maybe not rule the world but we could get a lot farther along than we are today. Isn't that what scares "them" the most?
If we as a group put our heads together, take a hard look at all possiblities, discuss the FACTS, dissect the information we MAY come to some kind of educated, intelligent consensus on this subject.

So I think we should look at history first...historically speaking how has the world been shifted into believing previously unbelievable circumstances?
and on the flip side, how have we been duped into not seeing what is really going on?
CIA promoting UFO siteings during the cold war to cover our military technologys does come to mind.

Let me say that I believe completely that there is life other than earth and I also believe that we are controlled by what we see or hear so I could honestly go either way on this, mass propaganda or prep for the big reveal.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by SEEWHATUDO]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
If ANY major mass media even hints at the possiblity of an alien life form or official UFO coverage, we here at ATS (believers and skeptics) need to take a long hard look at what is going on.

I agree with this poster 100%!!!

I also now wonder why Ghostriderposted the hoax (so called) he did. He is a disinfo agent most assuredly, did he set it up so that if it happens and someone claimsGOVT HOAX, theywill pull out Ghostriders admitted hoax to try to say any question of Govt hoax can be thrown out??

I would be careful about any so calledALIEN announcements...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

I also now wonder why Ghostriderposted the hoax (so called) he did. He is a disinfo agent most assuredly, did he set it up so that if it happens and someone claimsGOVT HOAX, theywill pull out Ghostriders admitted hoax to try to say any question of Govt hoax can be thrown out??

I had do double check, and I was wondering
are you refering to GhostRavens posts?
Theres a few ghostriders here

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I don't think the critical posts were about Sereda per se, but more in regards to Michael Lee Hall, who posted the footage of two objects over a lake. His footage was displayed by Sereda, and seemed to stir up a high amount of debate as to whether they were conventional, or non-conventional craft. The consensus was that they were conventional by most folks here.

All in all, Sereda is a bright individual who has some pretty thoughtful insights and theories on the UFO/ET phenomenon IMHO. He's an interesting dude IMHO.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

evilbat
I had do double check, and I was wondering
are you refering to GhostRavens posts?
Theres a few ghostriders here

My bad, i said ghostrider in reference to the hoax thread, and I believe it was actually written by ghostraven. Sorry about that guys!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Disclaimer: While I don't generally watch FOX News due to their extreme politcal bias, It is my opinion that they seem to appeal to the masses (read lowest common denominator of intelligence) and what better venue for dipping toe-in-the-water for disclosure from the MSM.

I am hastily putting on Flame Proof Suit.

Over and Out.....Kinda Kurious

Why apologize for being open to all sides? It is being biased and driven by partisanship that makes critical thinking all but impossible. Everyone should be watching all major news sources with an open mind if they are really interested in finding the truth. All sides lie. All sides Spin and exaggerated.

CNN and the Broadcast Networks all lean heavily to the left. AM Radio and Fox News lean to the right. The Left has a major advantage in TV News and the Right has a major advantage in AM Radio which luckily seems to equal things out. If both sides can not be convinced of something, change is unlikely. If either side gains complete control we are all screwed.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
david sereda who claims to have received visions from ETs since he was 8 and is now in posession of flying suacer blueprints!! woohoo book me a seat on that bad boy when its built Dave!

That could sound "alarming" , but all in all , for now , i like David Sereda , i like the fact that he's trying to explain (with intelligent theories) the ufo phenomenon , and his film with Dan Aykroyd (4 me) was really interesting if not illuminating.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I actually watched it with my family and relatives. I didn't like how they laughed at him at the end. They said he didn't have the "smoking gun" but a very credible person admits what happened. I don't understand how they weren't amazed.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
[

Grey Basket:
What show was it, at what time? Who was interviewing him?

Thanks.

It was Fox & Friends at between about 9:30 and 10:30am. I do not know the 2 male anchors names but know it WAS NOT Dorcy or Kilmeade.

I have been searching their site look for the clip as they mentioned to go to FoxNews.com for more info.

Also, I should have stated in my OP that they had a split screen of Mr. Sereda on the left and various looped clips of UFO footage on the right. Presumably excerpts from the "documentary". They played the same few clips over and over and over again which is a common technique. Much like all the MSM did of the burning Jeep footage from Scotland. That technique does seem to "desensitize" the viewer....like Clockwork Orange.

I will post the clip if I can find it.

Kinda Kurious

"The secret to being boring is to say everything". -Voltaire

[edit on 5-7-2007 by kinda kurious] for spelling

[edit on 5-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xRedlinex
I actually watched it with my family and relatives. I didn't like how they laughed at him at the end. They said he didn't have the "smoking gun" but a very credible person admits what happened. I don't understand how they weren't amazed.

Thanks for that validation. I had forgotten to mention that. The anchors also made the comment something like "with all the cell phone and video cameras out there, you'd think they would have some good footage" and alluded that he did not have the "smoking gun". I didn't feel that they mocked him, but did end with a button of skepticism.

But again, they were playing "UFO clips" ad nauseum which you don't see that much on MSM.

Regards.....Kinda Kurious

[edit on 5-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think the video has been located:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I just tooka stroll over to foxnews.com to see if I could find anything on the Sereda interview and came up with zilch, nada, bupkis; however, when I did a search of the site using UFO as a keyword, I got several hits on coverage of 3 ufo-related stories which included videos. Here are a couple from June:

Dead Airman's Affadavit: Roswell Aliens Were Real

Was a reported weather balloon sighted in 1947 really a spaceship?

I don't know what's going on but when Fox News starts reporting ufo-related stories as "real" news you got to think something may be up.

[edit on 7/5/2007 by lightseeker]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
I think the video has been located:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks to Grey Basket for this link and to djohnsto77 for his post and the fast thinking by grabbing this off the air.

I can relax now in knowing that you can all see the video.

Regards...Kinda Kurioius

Thank You djohnsto77 !!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join