POLITICS: Bush is like "blind man in a room full of deaf people"

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
(Reuters) - Former U.S. Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill likened President Bush at Cabinet meetings to "a blind man in a room full of deaf people," according to excerpts on Friday from a CBS interview. O'Neill, who was fired by Bush in December 2002, also said the president did not ask him a single question during their first one-on-one meeting, which lasted an hour.

Full story from Reuters; www.reuters.com This certainly seems to confirm the suspicions of many ATS members of the "lack of sharp intellect" present in our current leader. This is especially insightful as it's coming from a former insider of the administration. [Edited on 9-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord] [Edited on 9-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
More coverage of this story: Financial Times "In the television interview, Mr O'Neill also reportedly sheds light on key policy discussions within the Bush administration, including the scale of tax cuts and what action to take against the Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussein."

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While I'm NOT real sure what you all think the Executive Branch can do in this economic climate I am MORE than willing to hear you out.

I assume you all think Shrub can wave a magic wand and bring the $80,000.00 a year jobs that are being done in India for $12,000.00 a year back. He can't.

I assume you all think he can erase the past three years and eliminate the EXTRAORDINARY FEARS of instability that HAUNT every investor and entrepenuer in the U.S. and keep him or her from mortgaging their house on expansion of their business and taking on more payroll than they can pay for at the MOMENT... He CAN'T...

Again, I say I am sure YOU ALL have the answers... Well, as an Entrepenuer who puts his MONEY where his mouth is I am ALL EARS... ANYBODY?! Anybody have an answer that would lead me to RISK MORE in THIS world?

Anyone here have a PLAN that is worthy of me risking my family's well being over?! You see, THAT'S what it's all about. RISK.

Myself and those like me are willing to risk it all on a sound business plan but it's hard to create a business plan when you are unsure if your city will be there at Dawn's early light....

People like me, We DON'T have a GUARENTEED income. We DON'T make money unless WE MAKE MONEY.

That will pass straight over alot of heads here and that's perfectly fine with me. Those who "got it" really ought to consider what I have said here...

THIS is a PERILOUS WORLD. THAT changes EVERYTHING!

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 1-9-2004 by Springer]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Uh... Springer... where'd that come from man? I don't think the tone of this piece is blaming L'il Bush for employment troubles... just coverage of a former staffer coming out with the supposed .... uh ... emptiheadedness.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'll tell you where it came from... I am getting tired with all the cracks about GWShrub's intillect. The guy is NOT a bumpkin, he is a solid leader and beleive it or not an intelligent man.

This story smacks of Democratic Party influence. I was merely pointing out the realities behind the "evidence" so many attempt to point to in support of their arguments relative to Bush's ability.

I guess I went a little overboard BUT it was all good ECONOMIC realities NOT just "employment related" and O'Neill is attempting to use former post as a back up for his argument.

O'Neill's inuendo by virtue of his former post is "see how the economy hasn't recovered yet, ands the unemployment is still high? Well that's because he's emptyheaded" O'Neill's ONLY credibility is that he was Treasury Sec. therefor his "authoritative venue" is the economy...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Given this new aspect of his interview: www.atsnn.com..., there appears to be more to the story than an economic and/or intellect angle.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
He's simply SPINNING the little whirl wind up that his benefactors hope will put a dent into the re-election campaign of the man who FIRED him.

Reality of that situation is plain SILLY, IMHO...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In that, who is President has little daily impact on the success or failure of entrepreneurs of both the small and medium varieties (of which I've been both).

But that doesn't have anything to do with Bush's widely reported lack of intellectual curiosity.

They said the same of Reagen. People scoffed, but they were right.

They said Clinton was a sex hound. People scoffed, but they were right.

While I don't claim to have 'proof' Bush is not that bright a guy, I'm less inclined to defend his 'intellectual prowess' than some appear to be.

Why is it? Are Bush backers unwilling to accept ANY evidence or testimony damning him? That wouldn't speak highly of THEIR level of intellectual curiosity would it?

Thanks for the article post S.O.

Just for fun...the man in question:

[Edited on 10-1-2004 by RANT]

new topics
top topics

join