It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! American weapon laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Well this is quite shocking, I have found a number of weapons based American laws that are deffinately worth looking over especially the nuclear device laws, and laws regarding minors purchasing guns.

Although I expect most of them, if not all of them are rarely enforced, they are still recognised and written so technically arguable in a court of law.

I found them at this site which is full of ridiculous laws, amongst other things that will make you laugh.

Source Website Link

California
• A city ordinance states that a $500 fine will be given to anyone who detonates a nuclear device within city limits.

Colorado
• Colorado Springs: It is permissible to wear a holstered six-gun within city limits, except on Sunday, Election Day, or holidays.

Georgia
• A Kennesaw, Ga. law makes it illegal for every homeowner not to own a gun, unless you are a convicted felon, conscientious objector or disabled.
• Kennesaw: Every head of household must possess a firearm of some kind.

I think there are a lot of out dated laws that need to go through some updating, I expect all around the world.

Keep smilling, Regards xS_Gx

mod edit: cut down quote to about 3 paragraphs and changed quote tags to external quote tags

Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 4-7-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Some of those are just hilarious!

The one about not being allowed to carry a concealed more than 6 feet in length is the best, what, am I going to shove a cannon down my britches and walk around?

I wonder if any of these are actually still enforced?

new topics

join