It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the flicker conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i read a really interesting conspiracy type novel recently called 'flicker' by rheodore roszak ( en.wikipedia.org... )

if you don't want to know what the book is about or what happens in it then stop reading this post now.

the story is as follows...

a young, aspiring film scholar gets into the indie film crowd via the local small cinema and happens to catch a viewing of a film by an old b-movie maker from the 1920's/1930's/1940's called max castle (a german orphan who moved to america) who used revolutionary hidden subliminals in his films and so begins a story which takes him through his life trying to find more of the films of castle and to find out what the hidden subliminal additions meant.

it turns out that the orphanage which castle came from was one of many around the world, run by a mysterious religious group most took to be catholics but were in fact cathars. these cathars were almost wiped out hundreds of years ago and the handful that did manage to escape and survive their slaughter carried on in secret for centuries, only slowly resurfacing in more recent times.

they had a belief that there was not one god, but two - the good god of the 'otherworld' that cannot be seen and the bad god of this physical world who blinded mankind to the 'real god' by imprisoning mankind in human bodies. the orphans that they took in were then taught to a very high level in many areas from science, technology, movie production etc but they were all working with only one aim in mind. castle's job was to use his film subliminal techniques and the 'flicker' to encourage humans not to reproduce by turning them off from sex and to desensitize them to horror. they viewed reproduction as a win for the bad god by creating another trapped soul in human body.

they so strongly believed that physical humans were vile and served the bad god in the physical world, they had been training orphans to infiltrate any relevant sector of society so that when the future time came when they had the technology and weapons of whatever form to do so, they would wipe out the entire human race and so free them from their prison of the physical body and world. the estimated date for this to happen was 2014.

the book goes into great detail in many areas that certainly leave you feeling very, very creeped out after reading it because you see how easy it is for a scenario like that to actually be possible.

i don't personally believe there is a group trying to achieve the above but that doesn't mean than i don't think it possible that a small group could, throughout history, do something similar. i have one theory that there are a group who have been trying to achieve immortality or the next best thing to it (see genetics longevity etc) so that when they eventually have the technology to live longer - like hundreds of years which our ancestors allegedly did, they and their friends/armies/scientists/scholars etc will wipe out most of the world (who will all be tracked and traced by then so they will be easily found) and start their 'societies' again as living gods of the surviving dumbed down populace.

anyway, if anyone has read the book or wants to comment on the story then feel free to here.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well if this group wants to kill us all for our own good, and we can benefit from it, why would you want to stop them?
And even if there was no 'good god,' this solar system would be better off without us anyway.

Sounds like a good read. Pity I've spoiled it.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
Well if this group wants to kill us all for our own good, and we can benefit from it, why would you want to stop them?
And even if there was no 'good god,' this solar system would be better off without us anyway.

Sounds like a good read. Pity I've spoiled it.

no. i think you make the point quite well about how desensitized we have all become as a whole. perhaps you should read the book for it's in-depthness about what we have become as a society.

there was a post today about the lack of empathy exhibited by members nowadays (and people in general). another yesterday about a woman photographing a stabbing victim with her phone-cam as she stepped over her.

we skim over the headlines of how many people died in iraq today, yet jump up and down to blame iranians from the start for the london and glasgow bombs with no evidence at all, but we just can't wait for an excuse to kill more arabs can we? how sad those people must feel knowing this isn't going to be the chance to bomb iran so they can sit in their armchairs and rant about it.

the point of the book is that there are people out there that do some really, really serious thinking, not just skim the surface and move on to the next infotaining subject, and some of these people can be very dangerous. and we as a society don't even notice anymore because we have become so shallow that we don't even care!

i really would urge members here to read this book and see if it hits a nerve inside them about what they see around them in the world today and more importantly what they see inside themselves

join