It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown's first Prime Minister's Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Well, Mr. Brown has just finished his first PMQs since becoming Prime Minister last Wednesday. If you missed it, you'll be able to catch a recording on the BBC website or the Number Ten website later in the day.

What did you think to his first performance?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wow, talk about a change!

TB was a master at this but he is gone, Cameron might fancy himself as the heir to Blair but he's never been in that league either.

I think GB is doing what he needs to do, cut down on the 'showmanship' element and play to his strengths.
I thought he was calm, measured and solid (even the Reid intervention was something new & shot down that little line of tory mischief making in an instant).

It'll be interesting to see how he develops as he settles in to this role over the coming months and years.

(but for those who insist on investing PMQs with too much significance to the country at large I'd suggest you recall William Hague, he was widely reputed - if only by the tory press here - to be a wondeful performer at PMQs and in the end it meant absolutely nothing to him or the tory party who went on to record their worst general election result (2001) in living memory.)

[edit on 4-7-2007 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's probably fair to say that it was a good first effort, especially given that Cameron has been doing it since the end of 2005.

I think Blair set a very high benchmark for PMQs and we'll all be trying to measure Brown against that... I'm sceptical as to whether Brown will ever best Blair, though.

I saw Blair at PMQs live from the Strangers' Gallery back in April and he really is amazing to watch live, love him or loath him.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
For those of you who missed it, you can now see PMQs on the Number Ten website. The BBC also posted their own analysis and if you're interested in a quick read-up as opposed to watching the whole thing, you can see a point-by-point summary here.

new topics

top topics

join