It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US war crimes - Convoy of Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here:

Convoy of Death - 99mb extract from the documentary!

Afghan Massacre - The Convoy of Death:

Afghan Massacre tells of the horrific forced journey undertaken by thousands of prisoners who surrendered to America?s Afghan allies after the siege of Kunduz.

Bundled into containers, the lucky ones were shot within minutes. The rest suffered an appalling road trip lasting up to four days, clawing at the skin of their fellow prisoners as they licked perspiration and even drank blood from open wounds.

Up to 3,000 now lie buried in a mass grave, but this was not a simple matter of Afghans killing Afghans.

Afghan Massacre tells of how American Special Forces took control of the operation, re-directed the containers carrying the living and dead into the desert and stood by as survivors were shot and buried.

And it details how the Pentagon lied to the world in order to cover up its role in the greatest atrocity of the entire Afghan War. This is the documentary they did not want you to see.

Afghan Massacre was produced over ten months in extremely dangerous circumstances: eyewitnesses were threatened and subsequently killed, the film crew were forced into hiding and our researcher was savagely beaten to within an inch of his life. He was recently awarded the 2002 Rory Peck Award for Hard News, The SONY Award and the film has been nominated for a Royal Television Society Award for Current Affairs.

Some links:

www.globalpolicy.org...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.salon.com...
www.lawyersagainstthewar.org...
www.wsws.org...
news.scotsman.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.smh.com.au...
www.time.com...
cbc.ca.../news/2001/11/28/cia_killed011128
www.cbc.ca...
www.cbc.ca...

You decide..

(PS: I think that this may have been posted earlier, even by me.. but its time to recall this matter..)

*Edit*

On democrazy now:
www.democracynow.org...
www.democracynow.org.../05/26/1632226

acftv:
www.acftv.com...
www.acftv.com...
(you can buy it from here..)

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by FULCRUM]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
All I have to say to describe this is "insanity"

Im downloading that file right now....thank you for bringing this to my attention..Im going to show this to as many people as I can..

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
McGotti,

You do that..

Also..

I do have the full thing too..

But i cant share that now can i?

What is important is:

This did happen and people do need to know about it..

Some do.. but that isnt enough..

And from what i understand people in USA really havent heard of this.. and they really should!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here is a good link:

U.S. Implicated in Taliban Massacre!

A documentary entitled Massacre at Mazar released in 2002 by Scottish film producer, Jamie Doran, implicates U.S. troops in the torturing and deaths of approximately 3,000 men from Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan.

Doran's documentary follows the finding of Physicians for Human Rights (PHR), that concluded that there was evidence of the disposal of human remains at two mass gravesites near Mazar-i-Sharif. In the documentary, two witnesses claim that they were forced to drive into the desert with hundreds of Taliban prisoners who were held in sealed cargo containers. The witnesses alleged that the orders came from a local U.S. commander. Prisoners, who had not yet suffocated to death inside the vans, were shot by Northern Alliance gunmen, while 30 to 40 U.S. soldiers stood watching.

The situation in Afghanistan has changed little since the U.S. appointed government of Hamid Kharzai came to power. The situation in Mazar is likewise. Opium production, the main source of income for deputy defense minister Rachid Dostum, alleged architect of the slaughter in Mazar, has increased by 1847% (UN figures) and the feared Ministry of Virtue and Vice has been restarted. Women are not permitted to wear make up in public and the Taliban have staged a comeback in the southeast of the country killing a number of Kharzai's troops. Dostum's men have been involved in a variety of `clashes` with other warlords in the north.

As far as the massacre in Mazar goes little has happened on the ground, except some of the witnesses are dead and some bodies have been exhumed and dumped elsewhere. The film made by Irish filmmaker Jamie Doran and his excellent team at Atlantic Films has been shown on mainstream television in the UK.

Doran's film is still tugging at the sleeves of the powerful. Now shown in 14 countries on television he was, at last, able to show the documentary to the Italian and German parliaments in December 2002. On January 15th 2003 he was also able to get the film shown to members of the British Parliament. As a result, quietly, the United Nations has agreed to undertake an investigation into the incident. How far that investigation will go is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Before I read this just a little while ago I had never heard of this...all though it shocked me...I was not suprised...

I think most people are going to willfully ignore this..

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
I think most people are going to willfully ignore this..

And rest i suppose will think that those Talebans had it comming?

They really did not.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is terrible.

And I'm sure that EVERYONE in the area (maybe all of Iraq) knows about this, too.

Unfortunately I'm sure there are those who will say "All is fair in love and war".

DEFINITELY not someone you want to fall in love with.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Im gonna throw this around other forums aswell,

This is disgusting. I cant even watch it.

Deep

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Let me repeat:

U.S. Implicated in Taliban Massacre!

"shown in 14 countries on television"

I think that Finland was one of them..
(i remember seeing this in our national TV.. actually in government channel on documentary program named 'eye witnesses '),

Ands also in Netherlands this has been shown.. in national TV..
(That for European nations..)

Shown to Italian and German parliaments in December 2002. On January 15th 2003 he was also able to get the film shown to members of the British Parliament. As a result, quietly, the United Nations has agreed to undertake an investigation into the incident. How far that investigation will go is anyone's guess.

Btw,

No big surprice that all those hardcore fanatics supporting this 'war against terrorism' arent showing their faces here..

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And you know that this kind of stuff is going on in iraq too...no doubt about it...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
northern alliance would do this but certenly not the U.S. , also notice the news sources are extreme left?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
World's smallest violin playing just for the evil people who abused many and killed many in an oppressive regime. And let me be the first to say it the Taliban had it coming.

And mind you even if this is true, that no children were butcherd in this unlike many other countries did, Palestine and Saddam ring a bell?

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
why dont you download it and watch.....

I dont think regular army infantry guys would do this but I am pretty sure special forces would be more than happy to slaughter anybody they are told...they are hardcore trained killers..[brainwashed aswell..i know this as fact..ask somebody whos been in]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Less of them to deal with

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If I would, I'd to it just to see it but its 99mb and I have a dial up I'd be here tommorrow downloading

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
World's smallest violin playing just for the evil people who abused many and killed many in an oppressive regime. And let me be the first to say it the Taliban had it coming.

And mind you even if this is true, that no children were butcherd in this unlike many other countries did, Palestine and Saddam ring a bell?

First off i cant believe some people actually try to defend this...and secondly I cant believe some people seem to be missing the whole point about all this....nobody should approve of this kind of action regardless of who does it...american or saddam...

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
JediMaster: yeah, because the Guardian has to spin the stories to the American people...

The Guardian is an English paper...most of the English support our operations in Afghanistan. The English really don't like what we are doing in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Seems he forgot an article, here:

"U.N.: Massacre probe up to Afghans"
Link:
www.cnn.com...

Excerpts:

"UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Any further investigation into the reported massacre of Taliban prisoners in Afghanistan will be "in the hands of the Afghans," the United Nations said Wednesday.

The story of a mass grave in the Dasht-e Leili area was first reported early this year by the Boston-based Physicians for Human Rights, or PHR.

The captives surrendered to Northern Alliance forces during the battle for Kunduz in November 2001, the group said in a statement. At the time, the U.S.-led coalition was near the end of its campaign to topple the hardline Taliban regime supported by al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden

According to Newsweek, both the Taliban and the Northern Alliance had used "death by container" as a cheap means of mass murder for at least five years.

State Department spokesman Philip Reeker said Monday the United States would look into the "circumstances surrounding the events that are reported" and seek accountability from Afghan authorities.

"We are looking into the circumstances surrounding the events that are reported. ... We've stressed and continue to stress to Afghan authorities the importance of investigating allegations of human rights violations and war crimes," Reeker told a press conference.

"We're going to continue to engage Afghan authorities on this matter in order to help seek accountability for any violations that may have occurred."

Was or is the US complicit in this event(s)? Seems that it is still being determined. The issue to me is not that the US did the massacre, but the question is did the US 'allow' it to happen? SP Forces are rigidly controlled units and are held to a higher standard than regular units. This alone draws a major question to this "documentary". IMHO, I think the Northern Alliance did this, the US SP Forces rolled up on the scene and and helped and instructed with the clean-up of the dead.
What I find kind of dubious is that the video is being sold or is for sale. Reminds me of a commercial. Its validity remains to be also determined.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 9-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh,

On the documentary..

There is footage that proves that during that prison riot, SAS / SAS and USAF killed hundreds mostly unarmed Talebans..

out of more than 600 only some 80 survived.

Jedimaster and Amouk..

Look what is the US doing in the Iraq and Afganistan..

YOU ARE THE BABY KILLERS.

Do you want me to provide graphic proof?

Little girls in 1kg pieces or without head after US 'ops'..

DL the video.. watch it, and get a little piece of humanity!

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Fulcrum

If they were american babies you would be cheering

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join