It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stone circles - a link to time travel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hi peeps;

I am new to the site and Im pretty sure the topic has been raised before (although I cant find it through a search) - I wanted to hear your opinions on time travel: who believes it is possible; who believes the ways and means are in place already (I dont mean by means of a hi-tech capsule either), what preparations for travel need to be in place beforehand (like gemstones, blood, whatever), best dates for travel, etc. I have always been intrigued by time travel and recently devoured a fictional 5 novel saga which got me even more enravelled in the possibilities and "What if's" - especially because the books described a more primitive means of transversing time (in this case, through stone circles).. These circles have been around for thousands of years, are found all over the world and have been set up to mark what exactly? A spot where things 'happened' and there was no explanation for it at the time?

Scientists, Students and Theologists have come up with innumerable theories for the existence of Stonehenge for example, but there is no concrete evidence as to what it's original purpose was/is. Does anyone on this website share a similar interest or have an experience relating to time travel worth sharing?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geminigirl
Does anyone on this website share a similar interest or have an experience relating to time travel worth sharing?

I don't have any stories on time travel similar to 'Back to the Future' films to share with you, but I'd be more than happy to discuss this subject.

Stone circles in my own theories aren't or weren't connected to time travel. Maybe they were used as 'touchdown pads' like we use today to guide helicopters in to land, but stone circles were used in the same manner for UFO spaceships? Maybe they were used for human sacrifice towards their celebrated gods? Maybe they were used like churches today for religious gatherings and weddings? Or maybe they were used as sun dials that we use to check the location of the sun in relevance to the time of the day? (as can be seen below)

There are many theories, and you could keep on listing them all day long as your imagination takes control.

As for time travel?

Well myself, I first have to start off by saying that as far as our understanding of science goes, I'm still very open minded on what we currently know and do not know. The science 'us humans' currently know and understand is enough to get us by in life but that's all. We don't know how everything functions and we don't know, by any means, how things operate physically and chemically on other planets and in the vast universe above our heads.

I believe in the possibility that black holes/wormholes could be used for time travel by (if you believe in them) UFO's. I've seen many a picture illustrating satellite images of UFO's positioned around electric thunderstorms just outside our o-zone layer. What are they doing there hovering around these thunderstorms? Some scientists have said that they could be harvesting the electrical current generated naturally in order to process it into energy/fuel for their crafts. That's plausible as we don't know what technology they currently possess, only what technology we have which limits our knowledge.

So I believe that possibly intelligent aliens know a lot more about time travel than we know. They could use black holes/wormholes as teleportation links to travel vast areas of space very quickly. Yes, if you believe they have super fast craft, then why would they need teleportation links? It just serves as an easier option yes?

The thing about teleporting around the place is ending up as 'one' when you have time travelled. I mean ending up in one piece! To time travel you would need to be reduced to atoms and molecules, then be regenerated as 'your human state' on the 'other side' of travel. You could come out with legs for arms and vice versa, or something even more monstrous!

If time travel exists, or had existed then why don't we receive people visiting us from the future. Are we in the present or in the past? This is a mind boggling subject, something which confuses me if I think about it too deeply LOL. But are we living in the present, future, or the past of the 'REAL UNIVERSE TIME.' Or do we just think we are living in the present?! Argh my head hurts!

Stephen Hawking once suggested that the absence of tourists from the future constitutes an argument against the existence of time travel—a variant of the Fermi paradox. Of course this would not prove that time travel is physically impossible, since it is might be that time travel is physically possible but that it is never in fact developed; and even if it is developed, Hawking notes elsewhere that time travel may only be possible in a region of spacetime that is warped in the right way, and that if we cannot create such a region until the future, then time travelers would not be able to travel back before that date, so "This picture would explain why we haven't been over run by tourists from the future."

So possibly we could time travel using natural occurances in space using traversable wormholes. A proposed time-travel machine using a traversable wormhole would (hypothetically) work in the following way. One end of the wormhole is accelerated to nearly the speed of light, perhaps with some advanced propulsion system, and then brought back to the point of origin. Our science can't do this as of yet, but could aliens be doing this right now?

Here's more on traversable wormholes:

Lorentzian traversable wormholes would allow travel from one part of the universe to another part of that same universe very quickly or would allow travel from one universe to another. The possibility of traversable wormholes in general relativity was first demonstrated by Kip Thorne and his graduate student Mike Morris in a 1988 paper; for this reason, the type of traversable wormhole they proposed, held open by a spherical shell of exotic matter, is referred to as a Morris-Thorne wormhole. Later, other types of traversable wormholes were discovered as allowable solutions to the equations of general relativity, including a variety analyzed in a 1989 paper by Matt Visser, in which a path through the wormhole can be made in which the traversing path does not pass through a region of exotic matter. A type held open by negative mass cosmic strings was put forth by Visser in collaboration with Cramer et al, in which it was proposed that such wormholes could have been naturally created in the early universe.

A wormhole could allow time travel. This could be accomplished by accelerating one end of the wormhole to a high velocity relative to the other, and then sometime later bringing it back; relativistic time dilation would result in the accelerated wormhole mouth aging less than the stationary one as seen by an external observer, similar to what is seen in the twin paradox. However, time connects differently through the wormhole than outside it, so that synchronized clocks at each mouth will remain synchronized to someone traveling through the wormhole itself, no matter how the mouths move around. This means that anything which entered the accelerated wormhole mouth would exit the stationary one at a point in time prior to its entry.

Stone circles could have been used for many things. Could time travel be possible one day? Very possibly.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Gem, I think I read those same books. Was Jamie the lead character? I do believe in time travel and different dimensions. You should check out his site.www.futurehorizons.net...

new topics

join