It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City Continues to Find Sept. 11 Remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

New York City Continues to Find Sept. 11 Remains

www.nydailynews.com

World Trade Center rebuilding and an ongoing search for human remains have continued to unearth debris from the fallen twin towers under nearby roads and possibly under ground where families gather each year to mark the Sept. 11 anniversary, a city official said Tuesday.

Hundreds of human bones, ranging from fragments to full arm and leg bones, have been found since October and continue to be recovered daily in a massive city-led search for the remains of Sept. 11 victims missed in the cleanup right after the 2001 terrorist attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I find it hard to fathom that so many years after the horrific event, that we are still finding human remains at the site. I posted this as a reminder to those who may have forgotten how bad this tragedy really was, officials had thought to retire from searching by this fall, but that goal is now unattainable.

www.nydailynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Sadly enough that is the case, however it just brings more reason for those who want to know the truth, to try harder. We need to find out the real reason these poor civilians were murdered. I'm tired of hearing that we just disrespect the deaths by questioning the government, no, it's quite the opposite.

I went to visit Ground Zero in 2003 and it must look completely different right now than it did then, and back then it seemed like it was practically cleaned. I wasn't expecting them to find anything else.

Edit: 2003, not 2002.

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Vinci]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Am I the only one shocked by this?? I mean I was under the impression that all the remains had been cleaned up.

I just cant believe that were still finding remains this far after the event. I dont know what I expected just not this I suppose.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal
Am I the only one shocked by this?? I mean I was under the impression that all the remains had been cleaned up.

It could be a good thing - look at how much 'lost' information archaeologists glean from digging on sites of interest now a days.

Sometimes I think a lot of our society could be simply given up to the mists of time because we rebuild so quickly, our information is more and more digital (things that don't seem important are deleted) and every thing in general is a bit throw away.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Yes, it really does shock me....

that all those 'Time Travelers' that some, if not many, say are among us
have not swooped down and recovered all those body parts to put all the surviving families and childrens emotional houses in order.

the supposed time traveler/tourists would be drawn to such an event
and have researched justabout where each human remnant would be found and have long ago interred the remains in a 'unknown soldiers'
type of honor setting for the victims of WTC 9-11.

then would have scavanged every immaginable relic or 911 related debris
and auctioned it on some futures "E-Bay" equivelent.

new topics

top topics

join