It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanpour: Radical, moderate Muslims battle for young English minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While the original report was broadast in January, it seemed appropriate to post this for your consideration.

The War Within

I have seen the television special twice and each time it becomes more and more disturbing, especially in light of recent british polls where more than 60% of british muslims believe that muslim ideals, including Shariya Law, should be introduced into british society.

The linked report includes hyperlinks to video footage of interviews with british muslims, both moderate and radical in their respective views. With the recent botched terrorist attacks in Scotland and elsewhere it becomes more and more evident that something very dangerous is working it's way through the british muslim population, especially in the larger urban areas like London. However, I know from recent postings on this forum that many british citizens are not especially concerned about the recent events in Glascow, it bears remembering that the attacks on London's underground
and bus system happened not that long ago.

Anyway, for whatever it's worth I hope that you find this information as compelling and thought-provoking as I did.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have seen this documentary and its typical cnn fear mongering. All she does is give air time radicals at the same time furthering their agenda. Its a harmful piece that is pure propaganda to push the "homegrown terror" angle.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I saw parts of the show, and I do not think it is fearmongering. If attacks were not common, then maybe you could call it fearmongering, but that is not the case.

Britain is in danger of more violence from islamofascists in the future. I watched an interview with an author who stated the extent of the danger. She said that London is a major source of financial institutions that fund al Qaeda and Hamas. And this is not because their efforts to stop the funding have failed; it is because they (British gov't) do nothing to stop it.

She also said that Tony Blair did very little to prevent the mass immigration of violent muslims into Britain.

Radical muslims openly state that their goal is to bring all of Britain under Sharia law. Imo, they are well on their way to accomplishing that goal.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
It's amazing that there has been no response to this thread. Even moreso, given the happenings in London and Glasgow these past weeks.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I saw parts of the show, and I do not think it is fearmongering. If attacks were not common, then maybe you could call it fearmongering, but that is not the case.

Just because we're not engaged in national paranoia and striking out at those around us, doesn't mean we're not concerned. But at the end of the day, you have to keep things in perspective. More people die on the roads in the UK every DAY than have died from Islamic terrorism around the world. Also, we endured 30+ years of Irish terrorism, which was better planned, executed and was more sustained. Sporadic and often failed attacks will not intimidate us.

Britain is in danger of more violence from islamofascists in the future. I watched an interview with an author who stated the extent of the danger. She said that London is a major source of financial institutions that fund al Qaeda and Hamas. And this is not because their efforts to stop the funding have failed; it is because they (British gov't) do nothing to stop it.

Utter bollocks. The Government spends alot of time and money investigating these "charities" and other funding institutions, but we respect the rule of law over here. Many millions in funds are frozen all the time. However, if you cannot prove that someone is fund raising via a "charity", then how is freezing the account anyway going to make you look? If it is a genuine charity, then innocent people suffer, breeding more hate.

She also said that Tony Blair did very little to prevent the mass immigration of violent muslims into Britain.

Hmm. Mass migration in general is something Blair and Labour are not popular for.

Radical muslims openly state that their goal is to bring all of Britain under Sharia law. Imo, they are well on their way to accomplishing that goal.

No chance. Thats just paranoid crap. Do you honestly think we'll just roll over and let them, even if they did try it?

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Jeebus....

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Seems to me, Amanpour's on the ball. Perhap's she's Muslim but whatever her beliefs she's sure earned her nick in the anarchy of journalism I feel.

Britain will work things out and slow to halt the few radical murderers on the loose over there. Shoot isn't Scotland Yard the, if not one of the best local forces in the world !!

While engaged in Iraq, the British Arm did a great job and seems to me had the least casualties per joint forces capita. Wish our British friends all success dealing with the unfortunate terror happening around as of late.

Dallas

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Oringinally posted by stumason
Just because we're not engaged in national paranoia and striking out at those around us, doesn't mean we're not concerned. ...Utter bollocks....Thats just paranoid crap.

I think there are two issues being mixed up here. One is the attitude of the Brits, the other is the action that they take to preserve their sovereignty.

As to the former, it was evident to me throught the film that the average Brit is not intimidated by what is going on. After all, they have survived WWII, the IRA, and much more. Their resolve is legendary, and I applaud them for that.

At the same time, for you to pooh-pooh the gravity of the situation is either sympathetic or naive, but either way, it is dangerous. What I said is what was reported. I saw muslims state that they wish for Britain to be under Sharia law with my own two eyes. A simple google search on the topic will prove me out.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I saw muslims state that they wish for Britain to be under Sharia law with my own two eyes. A simple google search on the topic will prove me out.

I think you are confusing wishful thinking by a bunch of morons with what is likely to happen in the REAL WORLD.

Remember, just because THEY say it, doesn't mean it is imminent.

I mean seriously, to hear some Americans talk about this issue, you'd think that we were under occupation or something by a huge army...

top topics

join