It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates could force disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much it would cost to put a satellite around the Moon or Mars... $10 billion? One that could zoom in on all the anomalies posted here, take some nice, clear hi-res shots.

How much to buy or start a TV network? $5 billion? 24/7 broadcasts, streaming video of the live feeds.

The cost of setting up a network of employees around the country, world even, to be on the spot with helicopters and cameras ready for the next fleet of Mexican orbs, or Phoenix Lights... $5 billion?

That still leaves him a nice $40 billion for charity work and the odd beer.

But he would control the largest, private channel in the world to help bring about a faster disclosure.

Could he do it? Face legal threats citing monopolies? Brings to mind the rich guy in the film Contact that helps Jodie Foster out with a second transportation machine to help find the truth.

Anyway, if I had that kind of cash I'd start recruiting the experts I'd need to make it happen. Would be fun and extremely interesting!

Chaz.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
While this may be plausible, I don't think that Bill Gates would do that. Unless of course you have other knowledge that I do not.

If you do, please post some links to sources.

Otherwise it is only a stretch of the imagination, and wishful thinking.

2 cents

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
But if he did, somebody's henchmen might come for him in the middle of the night.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would much rather see Bill use his money to get us FIRMLY into space. Start an asteroid mining company and use those resources to further expand. It would also allow us a good look too.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Bill Gates is no longer the richest man in the world (see here, but maybe the 2 of them could get together and start a joint project.

Of course, Bill got rich by selling all those computers and software to the very people who try real hard to hide the truth! So something tells me Bill aint gonna sell his buddies out...

The other problem I see is that new scientific finds would no doubt be named after "brands" rather than past great scientists etc. EG: No longer the Hubble telescope, but the Microsoft Telescope...then Starbucks galaxy, and McSolar System....

nah...let Bill spend his money elsewhere...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know about Bill Gates, but Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft and fifth or sixth richest man in the world has had a great deal of interest in the search of ET. He funded the Allen Telescope Array for SETI. I know that people are divided over SETI and their mission, but it is a start. I think it is great that this sort of thing is important to people like Paul Allen.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I agree, Bill Gates has the money and power to build a sattelite that orbits the moon. That would put a lot of theories in their box one way or the other - if he fully disclosed everything the sattelite found. With his money, he could have state-of-the-art sensors in every possible spectrum, in place.

I'm not convinced about Paul Allen's association with SETI. Yeah, from an outward point of view, I agree it looks positive - but the whole notion of SETI has an ignorant stench to it. Examine the real UFO data that is generated on a daily basis, rather than wait for a friggin' signal that may not ever come. They're putting their resources in the wrong effort to find ET Intelligence.

Bill, come on? Let's see YOU orbit the moon. Kind of like Charles Bishop Waylan in Aliens Vs Predator! What do you do when you have THAT MUCH money? Send up your own sattelites to find out what's REALLY going on. Bill Gates would be etched into history for than just founding Microsoft if his sattelites found something.

new topics

top topics

join