It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown: don't say muslims are terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"Gordon Brown has banned ministers from using the word “Muslim” in ­connection with the terrorism crisis." The Prime Minister also said the phrase “war on terror” is to be dropped.This is part of a attempt to improve "community relations" and avoid offending Muslims.The change provoked claims of political correctness."Prime Minister Gordon Brown keeps repeating that the attacks have nothing to do with Islam - but, at the same time, keeps inviting "Muslim community leaders" to Downing Street to discuss how to prevent attacks."Worse still, Ken Livingstone, London's quixotic leftist mayor, has shifted the blame from the terrorists to the British at large, who are supposedly tempted by "Islamophobia."Britain has started it's slide into Dhimmitude
Islamophobia Idiocy Here

[edit on 3-7-2007 by rdang]

[edit on 3-7-2007 by rdang]
``````````````````
Edited title spelling

[edit on 11/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I guess that a positive thing that they are attempting to get the public to distingish and not discriminate. I wonder what the public response will be, even though it's probably going to be unnoticable.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Gordon Brown looks like he's giving up.He doesn't want to "offend" anyone.
He needs to quit snivelling and start acting like a world class leader.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is a godo step,
I was ASHAMED today, to read in the West Australian in the 'comments section'

How can any Australian feel safe with a single muslim here

What a totally idiotic thing to SAY, let alone PRINT!

The propoganda is working,

I mean after all, Australia has never endured an attack on home soil ,yet we feel so threatened, wed rather send them all packing.

Brown's attempting to quell the rising tide of anti-muslim'nism...

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Why do supposedly reasonable and intelligent people have a problem with this?

Terrorists are murdering extremist scum, whether they are Muslim or christian is immaterial.

The aims of terrorists - be they the disruption of Western civilisation, the toppling of Western Governments or even the eradication of Israel,. are POLITICAL aims, not religious ones.

To think that the aims of terrorists are the aims of Muslims and are inseparable is to be just as bigoted, ignorant, dangerous and extreme as the terrorists themselves are.

It promotes fear and hatred of a group of people just because they are different from you, this is not natural, nor is it correct. It even deflects attention away from the real fight.

Brirish Muslims have launched a publicity campaign denouncing the terrorists under the slogan 'Not In My Name'. This is an excellent step but nobody seems to be applauding it on ATS, unless I have missed it? Does it get in the way of simplistic self righteous Muslim bashing?

Destroy Terrorism, not each other!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh look, another Anti-Muslim thread by rdang

Haven't seen one of these in aaaaaaages

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
things aren't done in the name of islam that wouldn't be done if these people were christians, jews, or hindus. things are done more easily because they have A religion, not because they have this specific one.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdang
Britain has started it's slide into Dhimmitude

Bollocks.

Lets apply your logic here.

Some Americans own guns

Some Americans murder people.

All Americans are murderers?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thinking on this. Heres another one.

The IRA came from Ireland

The IRA was an Irish Catholics organisation.

All Catholics are terrorists?

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Brirish Muslims have launched a publicity campaign denouncing the terrorists under the slogan 'Not In My Name'. This is an excellent step but nobody seems to be applauding it on ATS, unless I have missed it?

You must have missed it Waynos

Muslims in Anti-terror campaign

Didn't get much attention though

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They way I interpreted his actions/statements was to deny the acknowledgment that the current terrorists are Muslim, not just to avoid calling all Muslims terrorists.

Big difference.

top topics

join