It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the design of the pages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It looks all screwy when it's not on my laptop. Also, I have the same browser on my latopp as I do with my desktop. What makes it displayed so differently on a desktop? JW.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hey MaverickHunter, long time no see in the BBQ forum. You used to be a regular here, at least one thread per week.

So how does ATS look different on your laptop, versus your desktop?

CAn you make a screen capture, to illustrate the difference?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Hey MaverickHunter, long time no see in the BBQ forum. You used to be a regular here, at least one thread per week.

So how does ATS look different on your laptop, versus your desktop?

CAn you make a screen capture, to illustrate the difference?

I used to be a regular... and then I got MSN. Since I got MSN I have been on it all week and I have been designing a site with a friend of mine online that I have known for three years... and trust me on when I say this... that this has been taking my time up for the last two months and that's why I haven't been able to come on the forum. This is the second forum that I am designing and I hope that this one is successful where the first one wasn't. So, I have been perfecting something that was broken.

Ah...yes it does look different. The text looks straighter and HTML appears quicker on my laptop than on my desktop. That's also another reason why I haven't been posting on ATS as much then as I am now... it's because now I can access ATS through my laptop, and it's much quicker, and on my laptop I receive no popups, so it's for the better. Before, I used to have to deal with the dark matter of ATS that kept on sucking computer power, and I almost gave up ATS.

Don't worry, I'll be back to the one thread per week soon, I'll be making one thread per day at this pace, but I just won't use ATS at school as much because I got people into thinking that I was paranoid, I hate that.

>_>.
I'll try to get a screen capture, but not at my current location, my dad's internet is going at 20 KPBS, so it's incredibly slow. I'll try to get one when his is better and gets fixed.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Maverickhunter]

Edn

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

Ah...yes it does look different. The text looks straighter and HTML appears quicker on my laptop than on my desktop. That's also another reason why I haven't been posting on ATS as much then as I am now... it's because now I can access ATS through my laptop, and it's much quicker, and on my laptop I receive no popups, so it's for the better. Before, I used to have to deal with the dark matter of ATS that kept on sucking computer power, and I almost gave up ATS.
A few things. LCD screens can look different on different screens, lcd's dont work the same as CRT's in fact if your doing anything colour sensitive you should use a CRT thats been colour calibrated.

As for rendering faster this has nothing to do with your screen(unless your screen runs at 2fps), thats to do which what browser your using, how fast your computer is and how fast your internet is.

And lastly website dont make your computer use more power so ive no idea where you got the idea that a new website layout uses more power.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edn

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

A few things. LCD screens can look different on different screens, lcd's dont work the same as CRT's in fact if your doing anything colour sensitive you should use a CRT thats been colour calibrated.

As for rendering faster this has nothing to do with your screen(unless your screen runs at 2fps), thats to do which what browser your using, how fast your computer is and how fast your internet is.

And lastly website dont make your computer use more power so ive no idea where you got the idea that a new website layout uses more power.

Well, for one, it does effect my computer. When my computer at my mom's house opens a site that has been changed or that hasn't been opened before it isn't used to it so it takes longer to load the images on the pages. MY laptop, has no viruses, so it can access ATS instantly, so it has no problems with accessing ATS whatsoever, so I am able to make posts on my laptop easily, but viruses interfere with my mom's desktop computer, so it becomes incredibly slow for some reason. :p. But, the text looks straighter on my laptop than it does on my desktop, but maybe it's only me, maybe it's just me, IDK.

Edn

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well as I mentioned depending on how your screen renders text it can look different on different screens. Also visiting sites for the first time are slower because your computer has to download all the information, if you have already visited the site the computer will take what info it has available (images and such) locally from your computer rather than download them again.

As for viruses, spy ware, etc. Well you might want to fix that then tell whoever uses the computer to be more careful, theres only one person you can blame for that and thats the person who uses the computer.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
your internet connection speed has a lot to do with how fast pages load.

what type of connection do you have to the internet on your laptop?

and what type of connection to the internet does your mom have on her desktop?

at any rate, it sounds like perhaps you are a little confused as to what can and can't make your web browsing slower.

I myself have an ultra slow dialup connection on my desktop. But with the laptop that I used to have, I used to be able to get a local wifi connection to the net. Was like 10x faster than my dialup connection.

but when I used the laptop with my dialup connection, it was in fact slower than my desktop using the same connection.

[edit on 7/5/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Alright, ATS is back up at my dad's house. My dad got the connection set up a week ago and now it works perfectly there. The problem was with the connection speed which was going 20 KBPS, so you could say that it was going incredibly slow. :p.

new topics

top topics

join