It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK Guys! I need help with this one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This guy, Hiker11 claims to have seen Bigfoot several times and posts pictures over in the bigfoot forums.

I have a few problems with his story such as there are several inconsistencies throughout his postings as well as a problem with his pictures. Specifically one picture that he claims is the creature with his back to the camera. Now, just to keep my influence out of it I would like someone here to do me a favor:

Go to page 3 of the thread, post #66 by Jedi Master. Copy the picture out of that post and paste it into a good editing program (I use Visio). Now blow it up to 300% or more until the black object is quite large and tell me what you see.

Here is the link to page 3: www.bigfootforums.com...

I would also appreciate you guys reading the thread from page 1 on and pay close attention to what he says as I see many contradictions.

I tried this at Cryptomundo but felt I needed to bring it to a place where it would get some good investigation.

Thanks all!

[edit on 3-7-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Ah, I noticed this earlier this week, but didn't give it a second thought, because
1. Blobsquash.
2. All the pictures of the forest, etc. feels a bit random and out of place.
3. It's "that" time of year.

But I guess there is more to it then?

I do see the "face", yes (it took me a while) but I got it. IMO it's not a real face, but an illusion. The moment you have to draw lines over a photograph to lead the eye, it renders the photograph useless. I doubt that it's a face because "it" (the "face"/body/hair/background) goes on beyond where a face should stop, at a more or less 180-degree angle of the rest of the body. A play of light and shadows shows a gorilla like face.
Further if you look at the "bigger picture" and imagine a face, then it puts the whole thing out of proportion. Sizes and angles just don't match up.

As for the picture of the "leg/limb" coming from behind the tree - it could be anything, a "leg/limb of Bigfoot" is really a stretch.

All that said, Hiker11 sounds quite sincere, although we've seen many times before that sincerity doesn't equal honesty. All that said... At this point all of it is pretty inconclusive.

(On a side-note I was a bit disgusted to see members of the Bigfootforums dish Loren Coleman. Loren Coleman is one of the best - if not the best Cryptozoologists out there. He's most definitely more educated than one gigantor, and would not imply that sasquash is gay or "does it with cows".

Oh, I see gigantor explained is claim later on. *** End of Rant ***)

Well, that's the best I can do this early in the morning...

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hey Gem,

That's what I saw. However, over at Cryptomundo we are calling it the easter island effect as it does look a bit surreal.

IMO it's purposeful and not just an illusion. If you look closely you will even see the nostril bump on that long nose. I just don't think hair could form an illusion of a brow ridge, 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth. I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding leading lines as there is nothing drawn over the picture I'm referring to on post #66.

I think it was manipulated to look that way by Hiker11 and if you read enough of his narrative you will see the many contradictions in his story.

I'm trying very hard to not scream hoax but I have studied this in depth and find little alternative.

Yes it was sad for them to attack Loren like that.

[edit on 5-7-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here is the image:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
IMO it's purposeful and not just an illusion. If you look closely you will even see the nostril bump on that long nose. I just don't think hair could form an illusion of a brow ridge, 2 eyes, a nose and a mouth. I'm not sure what you are referring to regarding leading lines as there is nothing drawn over the picture I'm referring to on post #66.

I think it was manipulated to look that way by Hiker11 and if you read enough of his narrative you will see the many contradictions in his story.

I'm trying very hard to not scream hoax but I have studied this in depth and find little alternative.

Howdy folks...

jbondo, I was the one who deconvoluted the image, and I find it odd that someone would manipulate an image then blur it to hide the manipulation (the detail isn't in the original). Then to have it pop up after enhanced...

Why ??

Get what I'm saying here ?

In other words...

Why would someone manipulate an image to show a face, then blur it so the details of that face would be hidden. Then post it somewhere in the hopes that someone couldn't clear it up (unless you're saying that hiker is phsyic and knew I'd come alomg and clear it up ), and show that manipulation ?

It doesn't make any sense, usually when a person manipulates an image, they enhance that manipulation so it will show up...

Besides hiker says that is the back of whatever is photographed, not the front...

[edit on 5-7-2007 by Jedi_Master]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just because he says it's the back, does that mean he is telling the truth. Furthermore, you say that you cleaned it up, so did you configure the face? Of course not!

I get what you're saying, why do one thing and then make it so it can't be seen but what if he expected the posted picture to be a little more conclusive and it didn't turn out that way? Which it didn't.

If you didn't do the face and he didn't, then how could this happen naturally? maybe 1 in a gajillion chance.

I'm sorry Jedi, I just can't trust this guy like you. And if you know me then you know I try to give as much rope as I can (benefit of doubt) and rarely jump on someone right away.

Some thing's just not right here...I wish I had more time to investigate this.

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
This guy, Hiker11 claims to have seen Bigfoot several times and posts pictures over in the bigfoot forums.

I have a few problems with his story such as there are several inconsistencies throughout his postings as well as a problem with his pictures. Specifically one picture that he claims is the creature with his back to the camera. Now, just to keep my influence out of it I would like someone here to do me a favor:

Go to page 3 of the thread, post #66 by Jedi Master. Copy the picture out of that post and paste it into a good editing program (I use Visio). Now blow it up to 300% or more until the black object is quite large and tell me what you see.

Here is the link to page 3: www.bigfootforums.com...

I would also appreciate you guys reading the thread from page 1 on and pay close attention to what he says as I see many contradictions.

I tried this at Cryptomundo but felt I needed to bring it to a place where it would get some good investigation.

Thanks all!

[edit on 3-7-2007 by jbondo]

To be honest - I've hiked around this area myself - and believe me, beyond Maple Ridge (where I think this guy is..) there are simply thousands of square miles of nothing...nothing but wilderness and mountains. Beautiful country - also well known bigfoot country. There are no roads of any merit out there....it's serious wilderness - which only Canada, and Alaska perhaps, can boast of these days. So, in many ways, this is ideal BF country....sure that doesn't prove anything in itself...but BF sightings are quite common in this area, so I don't see any reason to disbelieve him either...

J.

new topics

top topics

join