It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Plans to Buy Up to 17,700 MRAPs by 2009?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm not sure about you folks but don't you think this is a bit late? I am all for keeping the men safe, but these where available a few years back. And why the delay till 2009?

Army Buys Blast resisted vehicles 17,000 plus

The Army plans to buy up to 17,700 Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles, known as MRAPs, which have proved to take blasts from roadside bombs much better than up-armored Humvees.

While the Army estimates that it won’t be until July 2009 that all of the MRAPs could be manufactured, the Army wants to send as many as possible downrange next year, said Army spokesman, Lt. Col. Carl Ey.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The answer is simple. Better late than never!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Long term investments in the War on Terra.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm sure there was talk of this with the British army too a while back.

The same was said then as i'm sure will be said by the US soldiers.....

"These will just be taxis for officers!"

This has always been the case. The hieracrchy will see the best gear a long time before the frontline troops do.

I remember asking a scientific advisor to the army why he had the lastest flak jacket and combat clothing when he worked out of a desk in the safe HQ at Lisburn, N.I, whilst i was making do with inaffective gear whilst getting my ass shot and bombed off most days in Crossmaglen!

I think he was too busy to answer.

Heres hoping that the troops that need these vehicles actualy see them one day, otherwise it will be a sour afterthought when burying the many more casualties that are to come.

CX.

new topics

top topics

join