It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidnapped Gaza BBC Reporter Released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Kidnapped Gaza BBC Reporter Released

www.reuters.com

GAZA (Reuters) - Alan Johnston, the BBC journalist held hostage in the Gaza Strip since March, was handed over by his Islamist captors to ruling Hamas officials on Wednesday, a Palestinian source close to negotiations for his release said.

The source and another Palestinian involved in the talks both said they saw the 45-year-old Briton being taken into the care of officials from the Hamas movement, which seized full control of Gaza three weeks ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Good, I hope the report is true. I think there was a false report of his release a couple of weeks ago.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Oh I hope it is true............. Please make it so, this guy did nothing wrong but for reporting the wrong doings in Palenstine..... Lets hope this is true I for one will be saying aprayer for his family as well as him....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
He is, theres a breaking news report on the BBC now (and probably every other news station). Glad to hear he's safe

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
sorry about the one liner! It was a typo error, no edit function to rectify. (can we have it back please?)

Last reply for the moment, sorry for so many!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He is free. He has just sopken to his father.
So say Sky News.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Thank you FudgeStix, you have just made my day, (i COULD SO JUST GIVE YOU A KISS but I wont:lol
will not open the celebration bttles though as of yet until he is back here in the UK safe and sound. His mother and father will be overjoyed also.....

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sorry again! I REALLY wish there was an edit function - What I forgot to say in my last reply is that if you click on that link theres a live feed under his picture of the BBC news coverage.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FudgeStix
Sorry again! I REALLY wish there was an edit function - What I forgot to say in my last reply is that if you click on that link theres a live feed under his picture of the BBC news coverage.

Got it now dude, now celebrating, can hear the Alans voice on BBC news live...

This guy is going to be given a Big Welcome home I can Guranteee you that...

I am so happy for his mother and his father... They will be so relieved...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
thankgod he's safe,
And thankgod Hama's were there, to assist in his release.

maybe we should start showing them some respect, instead of ignoring them because of our associations with Israel.

I mean, this situation could of ended A LOT WORSE!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
HURRRRRAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!

I am watching him live on TV now (BBC NEWS 24)

"Was able to see what extraodinary support for me there was around the world..."

...Commenting after receiving a TV 2 weeks into his ordeal

He also siad he looked for the "faintly positive" regarding his situation at all times...

Well Done for letting him go, I think that was a very important decision, and comes as a great relief for those affected by this, both at his home, work and in the heart of the public

[edit on 4/7/2007 by deaman88]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Alan Johnson should be considered for the post of Middle East Envoy. A man like him could go some way towards getting peace in the Middle East.

He has no agenda and could be trusted by both sides.

Sadly, Tony Blair has walked straight into that position (after a push by Bush) - he will achieve nothing as the man is not trusted by his own countrymen let alone the Arab world.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Great News

nice to know he is safe

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sorry again! I REALLY wish there was an edit function -

Why can't you edit it? If you created it, you should be able to edit it. There is a time limit for the edit function, but it is several hours...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Sorry again! I REALLY wish there was an edit function -

Why can't you edit it? If you created it, you should be able to edit it. There is a time limit for the edit function, but it is several hours...

Sorry for the off-topicness but I just can't edit my posts unless I'm really lucky, the edit time limit on my thing must be about 30 seconds! Even if I do get an edit function sometimes it just dissapears :S I'll go ask a mod about it

Back on topic. He seems to have coped admirably! I haven't seen the news since early this morning, but on the phonecall he sounded great for a man who was kidnapped and held prisoner for 4 months! I agree with Torsion, he would be brilliant in the role. I wish Tony Blair would just go away, he has no respect from anyone anymore.

top topics

join