It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's the best artist of all time ??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
...One of my personal favorite artists is Daniel Torres...

Books/stories like...Titan, Saxxon, The Wisper Mystery...

Great stuff..!

www.lambiek.net...

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the two posts you've done cosmokatt7 since this thread wasn't alive for a while . I checked out the links of the two artists , they've got some cool styles that can't be denied greatness. A person that I'd put on my list would probably be Phil Jiminez who'd be teachin' me when my 2nd year at SVA comes up, his work is great and one of his inspirations is another well known artist named George Perez, thanks for everything.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
We may have nominated Jim Lee alredy but I just wanna' show you guys a vid he did recently in his office at wildstorm productions in which he those a drawin' of nightcrawler and harley quinn (hope I pronounced it right). He makes the art of drawing so easy and effortless and can start a drawing from any part of the body and go on up.Hope ya' enjoy this folks in my next installment I'll put one of another artist I can find on the web.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Damn, you guy's are pups. To quote the Highlander, "There can be only one." John Buscema. He did EVERYONE. Conan, Kull, Red Sonya, Tarzan, Surfer, EVERYONE. His work:

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thanks for that pick intrepid , since I was gonna use it in my next post (you beat me to it) , I guess I'll just post up some more picks by him.Hope ya post more stuff since it seems you know an awfull lote about these good artists, thanks. ( he was born in brooklyn, can't believe I never knew that)

[edit on 19-7-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Damn, you guy's are pups. To quote the Highlander, "There can be only one." John Buscema. He did EVERYONE. Conan, Kull, Red Sonya, Tarzan, Surfer, EVERYONE. His work:

Yer right, Intrepid... "There can be only one"...

www.pigdogproductions.com...

...And that's still, Jack (the King) Kirby !!

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
In the early 1970's, I was a young publisher/artist who put together a few books under the Omnibus Publishing banner. The most notable was The Wrightson Treasury (co-edited with Comic artist/historian, Greg Theakston). The Wrightson Treasury, incidentally, is now something of a collectors item.

It was during this time that I met one of the most inventive, creative and charismatic artists of the past century -- the late Vaughn Bode.

I was quite surprised to find a YouTube video of Vaughn at the 1974 Toronto Comic Book Convention. I had just begun working with Vaughn on a publishing deal which, coincidentally, he mentions in this video. All I can say is that it would have been a "sweet deal" for everyone concerned had Vaughn not accidentally died from an auto-erotic activity gone terribly awry.

To this day I still miss this enigmatic character and creative tour de force. Fortunately, he left behind a large body of work but, still, I cannot help but think of the visions -- his comic universe -- left unshared.

Regrettably, because much of Vaughn's work was developed for men's magazines; Cavalier and Swank, I am hesitant to post some of his more notable work here. Nevertheless, this work can be readily accessed through any Google Search of Vaughn Bode. Again, I must mention that much of his work is of an adult nature and, as such, discretion should be used. Still, I have supplied links to some of his work for viewing by wider audiences.

Here is a three part interview Vaughn held at the 1974 Toronto Comic Book Convention. This interview is a rare glimpse into the psyche of Vaughn Bode and his incredible talent. Please Note that the video is in black and white and of rather poor quality but it is still quite viewable and well worth the time.

Please note that, during the video, some examples of Vaughn's work can be viewed. One of the examples depicts some frontal nudity with an image from Cavalier Magazine, a men's magazine. I do not find it offensive personally but, nevertheless, one might consider discretion.

Vaughn Bode Interview - Toronto Comic Book Convention Part One

Vaughn Bode Interview - Toronto Comic Book Convention Part Two

Vaughn Bode Interview - Toronto Comic Book Convention Part Three

Some links to examples of the work of Vaughn Bode

On Ice

Da Duel

River Meat

Food Stuffs

War Lizard

For a more in-depth glimpse into the work of Vaughn Bode, I recommend visiting Da Vaughn Bode Site.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What happened with that three post replica cosmokatt, It's a weird accurance but hey it happened. There can only be one gret like intrepid said but the only guy I'll choose for that spot is (the one you chose) the one and only Jack Kirby.He created most of the characters in the marvel universe and some for DC.Nobody can be paired with this greatness who has more than enough power to wield Thor's hammer.

[edit on 19-7-2007 by steve-o]

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
To this day I still miss this enigmatic character and creative tour de force. Fortunately, he left behind a large body of work but, still, I cannot help but think of the visions -- his comic universe -- left unshared.
I would have liked to meet this guy as well , thanks for all the info benevolent tyrant since I had known nothing about the guy or his great work. I enjoyed those comic strips you showed us , especially the last external image which was a war related theme with those ducks.I'd like to see more picks from ya since you know about some guys that I've never heard of , thanks

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
...One person I would like to add as a greatest artist is not

primarly known for his comic book or cartoon work...

That is the fantastic Frank Frazetta

He did some comic book work in the 1950's and he actually drew

Li'l Abner , the newspaper strip for a while ...(ghosted) for

Al Capp...

...I always wondered why Dasiy Mae looked so Hot...!

www.shop.com...

www.illustrationartgallery.com... %26GB%3d%26SS%3dzAdventure%26PR%3d%2d1%26PG%3d%26REFPAGE%3dhttp%253a%252f%252fwww%252eillustrationartgallery%

[edit on 29-7-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
...One person I would like to add as a greatest artist is not
primarly known for his comic book or cartoon work...
That is the fantastic Frank Frazetta
...I always wondered why Dasiy Mae looked so Hot...!
I just looked at the links and found out for myself how hot he drew his girls, this guy really deserves to be on the list.I'll post up some pics of his work so people could see it, thanks for your pick and hope ya send me some fine art work of yours soon.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hey folks its been a while since I've posted here so to make up for that I'll post up a few pics to go with one of my artist picks.His name is Ale' Garza and his work is fantastic, he's a darn good artist that hasn't been up on the radar lately since he's DC exclussive and those some covers from time to time.Hope everyone has a great day and post about some artist they like or who ya think is the greatest !!
< br />

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
...Someone that many (younger) fans may not even be aware of is

the (Great) Alex Toth ... Other cartoonist often lauded his

excellent sense of design... If you're a fan of (the original ) Space Ghost

cartoon... then you've seen his work...!

www.animationarchive.org...

[edit on 4-8-2007 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Frazetta?

He not only got the human body right, he got the stories right too. The BEST!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
the (Great) Alex Toth ... Other cartoonist often lauded his

excellent sent of design... If you're a fan of (the original ) Space Ghost
cartoon... then you've seen his work...!
I've seen Alex Toth's work and wished he could have been remembered by more people, on his great art and creations.I used to watch the old Space Ghost stuff and thought of his work as bein' simillar to Eisner's work back then.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Frazetta?

He not only got the human body right, he got the stories right too. The BEST!
You got that right intrepid, Frazetta's work is a one of a kind type that can't be compared to other people's art.Before I go I'd like to congradulate ya on turnin' into a super mod (pretty late) and hope ya post some more stuff Logan, a I mean intrepid.

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There are so many great comic book artists that it really is impossible to pick just one.

The first artist that I ever "noticed" when I first started reading and collecting comics was, as someone else mentioned, the King -- Jack Kirby.

Thanks to YouTube, I found a rather rare interview of Jack Kirby with an introduction by science fiction author Harlan Ellison

Listening to Jack "The King" Kirby describe how he developed his pantheon of characters while viewing examples of his art certainly brings a greater understanding of the creative genius of this man.

[edit on 8/6/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Aug, 6 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Listening to Jack "The King" Kirby describe how he developed his pantheon of characters while viewing examples of his art certainly brings a greater understanding of the creative genius of this man.
I truely believe that he was the king of comics ,if he's listenin' from the skys above I really hope he's enjoyin' what has been done to his creations.The only thing I feel sorry for is the way marvel screwed him over with not givin' him the royalties he deserved from all those characters he's created.Thanks for the post benevolent tyrant.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join