It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Killed in Pakistani Mosque

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

9 Killed in Pakistani Mosque !!

www.timesonline.co.uk

At least nine people were killed when shooting broke out between paramilitary forces and militant students at a mosque run by a Taleban-style movement in Islamabad yesterday.

The violence ignited when a group of protesting women seminary students, backed by armed men brandishing AK47s, pistols and bamboo staffs, charged a police position near the Red Mosque in the Pakistani capital.The police responded with teargas, sending the crowd of women dressed head to toe in black hijabs running for cover.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-7-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The uneasy standoff in Pakistan has now erupted, prepare for more troubles in this area of the World to develop from this.
The whole region is now is in an unprecedented state of danger for its imminent furure.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
The whole region is now is in an unprecedented state of danger for its imminent furure.

That's overstating the event. This has been a Mosque that the government there has been having problems with for at least a year. I would expect the Pakistani Govt. to restore order in that Mosque soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

That's overstating the event. This has been a Mosque that the government there has been having problems with for at least a year. I would expect the Pakistani Govt. to restore order in that Mosque soon.

I am not just talking about Pakistan. Expect a lot more of this activity and worse.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How Musharrif is still even in power is beyond me. Is he in charge or are the radical Islamists? Him letting Americans hit targets in Pakistan is proof to me that his position is very precarious indeed.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I am not just talking about Pakistan. Expect a lot more of this activity and worse.

What? Governments in the M.E. cracking down on radical Mosques and madrasa ? Oh that would be so bad! I look forward to the day when mainstream Islam puts it's radical cousins in their place.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

What? Governments in the M.E. cracking down on radical Mosques and madrasa ? Oh that would be so bad! I look forward to the day when mainstream Islam puts it's radical cousins in their place.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Pakistan army storms Red Mosque

Is this the start of something??? Sounds like the tribal lands by the Afghan border are some of the most lawless areas in the world in regards to being under the control of a government.

top topics

join