It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are Heading for a Pole Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I seriously think this is a major possibility.
First we had the Bees, not returning to their hives.. getting lost?? i believe so, i think their navagation system was playing up.
I dont think Pesticide is a worthy argument

To everyone’s surprise, in the U. K. where genetically modified crops have been resisted and beekeeping is on a smaller scale with less pesticide use than in the United States, honey beekeepers in London who opened hives the end of March found at least half of their hives empty.

link
www.earthfiles.com...

Now we also have Fish, miles away from where they should be, why are Animals that are more reliant on their insinctual radars suffering?

Monaco resident Nicolas Saussier, who has gone trawling in the Caribbean in the past, identified the fish as a type usually found only in a tropical climate. "I believe they're lost," surmised Saussier, who, incidentally, is Princess Stéphanie's press officer.

link
monacorevue.com...

With the crazy weather we are having World wide now.. Crazy clouds that have left NASA baffled.

and the best one i have seen curtosy of NASA

I think things are changing very quickly... I believe all this is signs the magnetism has changed and is changing quickly, we i think are heading for a Polar shift, maybe manmade Global warming increased by other devices to make it happen will cause the shift, expect Tsunamis unprecedented and huge loss of Human Life.
NASA have released information, that they expect the Sun to have a Polar shift in 2012(that date again) WTF? what do u think that means for us??

The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

link
www.gvnr.com...
What is going to happen at this time? do we all just die in turmoil and chaos? or is this also the time for another type of shift? Will things change for ever as a species? and experience a shift of consciousness? will there be Alien intervention, to help us maybe? or the return of Jesus in a rapture style scenario, saving enough of his children to restart civilization again when things calm down??
Whatever, the coming years will be interesting, i think we can all count on that.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Hawk Eye]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So what? Nothing is going to change.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I actually think this is a very good post. Some of the things i've been pondering over recently...

Seems there's a lot of strange activity lately in all aspects of life...
The weather, the atrocities of mankind, the animals, the skies, the seas, even my bus driver reckons something is changing....

The only thing we can do is wait and see...

We'd be fools to say 'nothing is going to change' and we'd be fools to say 'it's the rapture'.... an open mind is the tactic.

Peace on earth

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
First we had the Bees, not returning to their hives.. getting lost??

No, they're dying off and we're killing them. Personally I'd welcome a shift of the poles, so the earth can shake of this pretentious cancer called 'us'.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure about the end of the world but there are strange things happening that may be clues.Things that we need to consider becuse we really don't know much of anything IMO.So anyway I'm all for this thread.I think we need to keep an open mind and consider all of the angles until there is undeniable proof! Just like the proof we will get when 2012 is in the history books.Until then the book is being written so we should all focus on the possibilities because lets face it the world used to be flat.LOL!!!! Anyway I found a cool link but I'm new to posting so I don't know how to add a link.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I can't find how to add a link on ats but this is the adress news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
OK I'm not sure how I did that.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thankyou for this thread it makes me instantly sad to think in terms of the innocent lives being disrupted by what ever the cause is of the global changes whether it is man made or nature doing her thing. It is always the meek and the innocent that are the first line of casualties. I love nature so much but she can be so cruel. It is evident that we have been experiencing shifts for many years and it is messing with all natural beings. Just relax and witness the events and do what you can to respect the fact that its all good.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Thankyou for this thread it makes me instantly sad to think in terms of the innocent lives being disrupted by what ever the cause is of the global changes whether it is man made or nature doing her thing. It is always the meek and the innocent that are the first line of casualties. I love nature so much but she can be so cruel. It is evident that we have been experiencing shifts for many years and it is messing with all natural beings. Just relax and witness the events and do what you can to respect the fact that its all good.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
As for the bees at least, it is NOT A CASE OF THEM GETTING LOST. If you followed the bee thread at all you would have noted that when bees do actually abandon a hive, other insects raid the honey and left over food. The abondoned hives were not raided, suggesting something was wrong with the honey. If the bees simply got lost it would have been pillaged, since it wasn't clearly we shoudl be looking at a virus, microbe, parasite, etc. And not the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by effinlunatic

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
First we had the Bees, not returning to their hives.. getting lost??

No, they're dying off and we're killing them. Personally I'd welcome a shift of the poles, so the earth can shake of this pretentious cancer called 'us'.

I'm with you Effin... even though we become more and more people and the relation between the rich and those who have absolutely nothing remains the same we are never going to see a better time.
Imo killing off half of the worlds population would be welcome... I don't care who, I'm not buyist or racist, heck if I would be one of those to go then bygones. Just wipe the slate clean please mother Earth.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We've been having unusual weather where I am too as of late, black clouds and torrential rain in the middle of summer. It's all very omnious. I actually noticed it before reading anything on here about strange weather or mysterious clouds and coronal mass ejections but now you guys have me all paranoid

Here's something curious I noticed on google news just now..

June 18, 2007 - Source

Manchester Airport is to rename its two runways due to changes in the position of the magnetic North Pole.

Once known as 24R/06L (Runway 1) and 24L/06R (Runway 2) because of their position and compass heading, the numbers have been changed to 23L and 23R and to 05L and 05R.

The shift in the earth’s magnetic field means that although the runways are still in the same alignment on the earth’s surface, magnetic north has moved so their compass heading has changed.

Simon Butterworth, Manchester Airport’s airfield general manager, said: "It all sounds a bit complex but in a nutshell the magnetic poles are where all the lines of force of the Earth's magnetic field are drawn together.

“These magnetic poles are constantly drifting around and at present, magnetic north is heading out of Canadian territory into the Arctic Ocean at about 10 miles per year. That means magnetic north is on the move and so our runway has shifted on the compass from 24 to 23 and this name change reflects that shift.”

The renaming of the runways will not have an impact on flight paths; pilots are being informed of the change and the signage around the airfield is set to be changed.

Are there any aviators in the house?

[edit on 4-7-2007 by Nihil]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The pole is moving about 40 km north per year, which will put it in Siberia by 2050 if it continues on its present course.

link
www.carleton.ca...

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I noticed a good article about this phenomena, and it really got me thinking. the article in its entirety can be found here:

www.worldpress.org...

Polar wandering has been happening for years. Contrary to some people's belief the magnetic north pole is not concentric to the cartesian north pole. In fact the magnetic north pole has been steadily "wandering" for centuries. Polar inversions have occured several times in our earth's history. This is manifest in the allignment of magnetic particles in lava extrusions. The most interesting part of the article is this:

How can we explain this asymmetrical structure? According to the measurements of magnetic observatories on the planet—some of them three centuries old—the significant variation in the African zone seems a relatively recent occurrence in the Earth’s magnetic field. It is tied, “mathematically, to the fact that the Earth’s bipolar force has decreased in the last 2,000 years,” notes Hulot.

Indeed, the bipolar structure of the Earth’s magnetic field is weakening. If this process continues at the present pace, researchers predict, the entire bipolar structure might actually disappear. We would then find on our planet “many north poles and many south poles scattered everywhere.”

I find this part of the articl interesting due to the relevance amd location of ancient relics and temples. Some scientists and occult researchers have noticed a correlation to the locations of ancient sites (grerat pyramids, etc.) and the intersections of magnetic ley lines or the presence of magnetic vorticies. An explanation of magnetic vortex phenomena can be found here:

nano.anl.gov...

www.nature.com...

www.angelfire.com...

An outline of energy grids can be found here:

www.crystalinks.com...

This brings me back to my orginal thought of multiple polar anomolies. What if these vortexes and grids hold a key to prior polar shifts. According to the studies of vorticies they are a result of a natural magnetic allignment. When a strong field is applied to them the vortex can be annihilated. However when the field is removed the vortex will re-form itself maintaining its prior field properties. I find it interesting that some of our most mysteriously constructed ancinet monuments are situated on points of magnetic vortex. And that the vortex is usually only a product of some other gravitational or physical anomoly.

When the poles of the earth invert, or if the dipole is lost completely what exactly will take place? Magnetisim seems to be very important in nature. To me it seems odd that humans have no "magnetic sense" and are unable to sense the grid unlikelike other animals such as birds and fish.

Is there a connection between ancient man, and knowledge of the earth's magnetic structure. Could they use this knowledge to find the most favorable site to build important structures? What were these structures actually intended for? does the predicted 2012 polar inversion have anything to do with the myan sun calendar and its abrupt ending?

www.crystalinks.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 6-7-2007 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
well, if anyone out there knows anything about the physics behind a gyroscope and wtf happens before it goes all awry - if you're not scared schmidtless by our world situation, you're crazier than i am.....

lol, and if you are crazier - cheers and wellmet !! one day we'll have a beer and laugh about our's and the world's stupidity.....hmmm, might not be here tho, lol

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by effinlunatic
Personally I'd welcome a shift of the poles, so the earth can shake of this pretentious cancer called 'us'.

*Sigh*
I hope there aren't more like you. Well, wish. I know there are.

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Everybody relax. When the next polar shift happens the world is not going to end. It didn't the last time or the time before that, so why expect any different this time. There will be some confusion with the compass headings until it settles and the new navigation charts come out. I expect to see some wild magnetic effects in the sky, something like the northern lights, but all over the place. The migratory birds and aquatic life will be screwed up for a couple generations, and humans and other land dwelling creatures will feel some disconcerting and unsettling effects from the disturbance in the magnetic feild.
But in general, we will survive quite nicely as long as the panic mongers don't stir things up into a religious-end of the world-frenzy. The more intelectual societies will do just fine. The societies that don't have a more scientific or rational society base may have a few problems.

new topics

top topics

join