It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think the first part of Zeitgeist was a poor choice to start the movie not so much because its accurate or inaccurate but because the topic is polarizing. For myself, I could care less about God or any religious system of control it was the message about Money that opened my eyes. I havnt watched the film since it came out but it started me thinking about the world in new ways and ultimately is the reason I am at this website and not drinking the kool-aid anymore. The film whether likes or not got people talking and presented a view that we could be more than we are. Addendum took it a step further and I feel presented a wonderful vision for a future that while maybe not practical, has led to a chnage in what I value in life. If anything Zeitgeist turned me from an athiest to someone without a god but aware of the spirituality that is inherit in life.

If you must knock the film for its reiligious innacuracies thats fine but the title to the thread is a catch-all phrase for what really is only referring to one part of the film.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Something else I wanted to add. It's been mentioned in the posts above about the horrible things the Catholic church as done.

Make no mistake: The Catholic Church is NOT Christianity, nor are they the authoritative word on the same.

As with any organization put in a position of power, they became the target of corruption. Do not look at the Catholic church as an example of what Christianity is about.

According to the scriptures, Christ came to do one thing alone. Yes, He died on the cross to save us from our sins, yes He healed the poor, brought to His flock disciples and apostles, and set into place a faith that ultimately led to the downfall of almost all pagan religions and contributed to the fall of Rome... but that was all a side bar.

Christ said Himself why he was sent in Luke 4:43
But he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also, for therefore am I sent.

and He charged the apostles to do the same. It is what every Christian church should be doing, but it was lost along the way. If it had not been lost as it was, there would be no accusations of Christianity performing horribl acts of violence.

And for the person who blamed Christians for all the bad things in this world... give me a break.

I am not a minister, or a preacher, or a fanatical Christian. I am simply a man who studies these things. I never limited myself to Christianity... I test the things I read and hear, and I believe Christianity to be a truism. NO one has been able to prove to me otherwise.

If anyone is interested in debating, or asking me questions, or just plain commenting/discussing, my email is [email protected].

(if I don't respond in two days, my spam patrol may have snatched your message. Try sending a message to [email protected])

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think there's one big difference between citing the bible as a reference and citing zeitgeist, or zeitgeist references.

The bible has more credibility.

There are provable facts in the bible. It's riddled with them. I am not referring to spiritual facts, but events that are recorded by historians and studied in school. Let's simply take the fall of Jerusalem around 600 B.C., for instance. It was prophesied in early parts of the bible, and lo.. behold.. it actually happened in the bible.

And it really happened.

The birth of Christ is described around certain events that really happened.

The story of Moses speaks of actual, historical figures and events...

We could go on and on.

Zeitgeist film? Part 1 (in particular) has very little to back it up. In fact, it can be proven that most of the information in Part 1 is completely false, or only half truths made to look like full truth. It's not a credible source.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
just wached. i can say this movie prepeared by banks/illimunati/us gorv. they are trying to you lose your religion first. and they are explaining what happening in this world for real. at last part of movie, when you start telling; "i am small, i cant do anyting", they are starting to tell; world is beatuful, you can you can...

this movie just part of the nwo brainwash operation.

sorry for bad english and posting old thread
edit on 2/8/12 by aytacaksel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join