It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I suggest you watch the Truth Project put on professor Del Tacket. Look it up on thetruthproject.org

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hmm, all your "debunked" arguments apply to part 1 of the movie - where it talks about religion.

Anything to say about 911 or the Banking Cartel?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The debunking is bs anyway. The fact remains that the whole religion thing is a sham, its just mind control for the masses.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
If you fail to see the connections between Christianity and ancient pagan sun worship, I'd say that's a personal problem.

As would I....living in a box is not the way to ascend, friend, and the connections are there, not just in the books mentioned, but in history itself. This will never be "debunked," even though many will try, there are some who do not wish for the people to awaken, for they are afraid of what might happen. I know you have your beliefs, and I respect that, but please look beyond to what is real.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
If you fail to see the connections between Christianity and ancient pagan sun worship, I'd say that's a personal problem.

As would I....living in a box is not the way to ascend, friend, and the connections are there, not just in the books mentioned, but in history itself. This will never be "debunked," even though many will try, there are some who do not wish for the people to awaken, for they are afraid of what might happen. I know you have your beliefs, and I respect that, but please look beyond to what is real.

If we are still speaking of Zietgeist, perhaps you could chat with me about what i countered in my post of posted on 19-12-2008 @ 02:08 PM . since no-one else has directly. I, with 9 hours research, not giving a damn about 'christianity' as it is today, 'debunked' many correlations that part 1 said. I even contacted the director over his glaring mistakes, but recieved no response to date.

What Zeitgeist does is make a person go out and seek for themselves. It is not by any means factual in part 1 via religious history.

take care
Wayne

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amenti

Wow... the sites you sourced... just WOW.

They are so obviously biased towards proving that they are right and ancient people were wrong. And some of THEIR info is dead wrong!

It should first be noted that there were no Norsemen in Jesus' time, and therefore no Norse gods to influence other religions of that day.

Yeah, because they can know something like that. The Greeks were shocked to find people living that far up North and didnt have contact for a long time. Verbal tradition states that they were there for ageeeesss past. Saying explicitly that they simply did not exist and then bam there they are after Jesus! is utterly ridiculous.

He was killed by being bitten by a snake. (Thor)
He was eventually eaten by a wolf. (Odin)

UNDERstatements of the millenia! Thats like saying "Jesus was on a pole and was poked in the rib and died. Then he hid in a cave and came out undead." Those wordings are obviously just downplays to discredit them. Way to sound unbiased, clearly biased website! Have more respect!

And OP I havent seen the movie yet but the message most people have is "Jesus was not born on the 25th", not "The Bible says Jesus was born on the 25th". I live in the city with the most churches per 1000 people, last Christmas they all said HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and some even handed out birthday invitations
lol...

Then again sometimes I celebrate my birthday a couple days before if its not on the weekend

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Clearly like the films authors many responders here fail to comprehend the prophecy of the Son of God.Of course,God who created everything including you and knows all,told the story of the coming of his Son in many ways.Many prophecy's to many cultures including writing it in the stars as proven in Zeitgiest,then used to try to debunk its own prophecy by Zeitgiest.Whether you believe or not to me is your personal choice as is what you believe of your own after death...I am here to tell you all this movie attempts to debunk Christ thru the prophecy's of Christ.Absurd as it is so are the Unbelievers as I've read here.Horus is the prophecy of Christ as is the many other comparisions shown in the movie.The Sun Worship comparision is quite interesting however I disbelieve ancient man or current man would ever truly worship the sun.But after seeing some of the supporters of Zeitgeist and their intelligence I understand why have attempted to make people believe that.The confusion put out by the movie with ancient myths and prophecy of the Lord are laughable except for those gullible enough t believe.As well as the hatred for Christians on some posts here shows further ignorance of those captured by Zeitgiest.The same type that would actually worship the Sun,those have no meaning to the Lord or Christians anyway.We fail to understand the many years before Christ and necessity these prophecy's played fro Horus to Krishna until the realization of Christ becuase Christ has now come.How is it in Zeitgiest they would assume we are so gullible to think each of those religions had their own Christ-like figure? Because of lack of respect,therefore should I return any? # NO.# Zeitgiest,it is a misleading piece of #..The kind that insults everyones intelligence as well as ancient's.I read some of the replys here and many are based on what other links can back up their own bull#.With another bull# link apparently that will justify their acceptance,more ignorance I don't need.If you actually believe Horus was a person who lived as Jesus I think your just absurd and please send me the link to that bull# also.Also send me a link to anything you believe so I can debunk it because you see,everything written and concieved by man is of no intelligence.The most misleading thing about Zeitgiest is the plagarizing of Christs words of the new 'Age".To believe Zeitgiest means a new Christ is coming (horus,osirus whateve) who will also be resurrected and be born of a virgin etc..This defines clearly their example of plagarizing Prophecy with Actual History.The atrologolical prophecy of Christ is very interesting in the movie,however the rest of the movie is complete Bull#.Its humourous how what they set out to do,disprove Christ only proved that his existance was written in the Stars.I also find their arrogance and attempt to appear superiorally intelligent laughable.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
As a Christian, of NO Demonation so to speak, I did enjoy the Movie,
and found the religous opening opinion made some valid points.

But, it is the "SOURCE" that must be taken into account.

Zysin5 noted: "All this religion crap, comes straight out of summerian".

Well Zysin, for that matter, it predates Sumer. It predates every train of thought the Movie noted. It predates the Garden.

The question should be reflective on seeking "WHO'S" telling the Story.

Pagan Summerian gods? Egytian gods? etc.........?

Sad sources to base an opinion as a fact upon.

I still would side with the Books of Moses, over anything the Fallen has told man.

And as for the balance of the presented material, I found it quite interesting as well. At least, it MAY provoke thought!

As for the December 25th - Christ's Birthday question, all I can suggest is December 25th was the Day of Immaculate Conception.

Afterall, Jesus was three months younger than John the Baptist, and John was born in Late June.

This would mean Christ would have been Born sometime in Late Sept or early Oct. (During the Jewish Holidays)

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
in my opinion, what Zeitgeist does well is link the different aspects of the control grid: Religion, being the 'psychological soil' for mass population control, 911, being the most recently significant event displaying the subversive and murderous powers of governments and military over the populace, and the fraudulent monetary system, which solidifies the public into slavery..

people can argue factual points all day long, but there is an obvious reality staring us in the face -- that humans have been lied to by the institutions of the world for centuries; besides, anyone, no matter how scholarly, who brings up 'alternative' ideas, is always ridiculed and bashed..

Jordan Maxwell's research on the occult underlyings of the great religions is thorough and inspiring.. as for 911... well, duh!! anyone not seeing this for what it is clearly needs to check the functioning of their frontal lobe.. and as for the monetary system, a quick look at what is going on currently in global financial affairs should be proof enough..

wake up people...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
All it took was five minutes to research 'Krishna' for me to conclude that there was very little similarity with the Hindu God and Jesus, that got me wondering, what else in the movie is a load of bull?

You are right, the Truth novement needs to do it better than that.

Foot

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

They sprung from one source.

Exactamundo!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The Religion part of Zeitgeistis is quite sensationalist, and makes sweeping statements to catch viewers attention. I'm not a religious person at all, but I could see what they were doing, good marketing really.

You can easily punch holes in some of what they say.

That said. Christianity DID adopt in many instances pagan rituals and symbols. This is fact and I'm suprised it's debated still. Quite frankly who cares if Jesus was born on the 25th, celebrate it when you want if you feel the need.
The church had a schism , was torn apart partly because of squabbling over Easter dates, and really does it matter????

Constatnie adopted Christianity for the empire but was not practicing Christianity, the easiest way to get conformity was to just "christianise' pagan festivals etc.

With Easter coming lets look at it as an exmaple.
St Bede wrote that it was called Easter from 'Eostre' an Anglo Saxon Goddess wose spring festival was at this time. Some people also think it was 'Ishtar' the Babylonian fertility goddess, either way:
Festival = same time as easter
Both= celebrating new life and thats why it was a easy transition to make.

In converting the tribes of northern Europe they knew that the Christian holiday commemorating the resurrection roughly was at the same time as the Teutonic springtime celebrations, which emphasized new life. Christian Easter gradually absorbed the traditional symbols.

Eggs: Spring festival in europe, Egypt and Persia were painted and were symbols of new life, and this practice was kept by the Christians.
Bunnies, The rabbit or hare was a pagan symbol for fertility and the Christians adopted this tradition.
Lets face it a Bunny has nothing to do with JC dying on the cross, therefore we need to acknowledge there was widespread pagan traditions not just 'adopted' by Christians, but rolled over or kept and passed down after conversion.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I find this amazing that people are so stuck on the producer's anti-religious beliefs that they don't look past it to see the intelligence of the real Zeitgeist Movement message.

Addendum is a better presentation. Check it out. You can find it on the Zeitgeist Movement website.

The religious/anti-religious stuff is irrelevant. But it seems so many 'christians' are so scared that something will debunk their religion they can't see the basic 'love thy neighbor' message in the Zeitgeist vision. I say again... the religious stuff is irrelevant to the vision, which follows the most important teaching of all the heavy teachers in history... 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'

Creating a world worth living in and worth leaving to our grandchildren's grandchildren is worth looking past the anti-religious stuff and checking out the vision the Zeitgeist Movement is proposing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The reason why no one cares about the "debunking" of zeitgeist is because the only apparent "errors" are to do with religion. I care not about part one of zeitgeist, it is parts 2 and 3 that are of significance.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MMP

Also, in my opinion part 1 of the movie is probably the least important topic covered. If you're caught up with the "factual errors" of part 1 then I feel like you're missing the bigger message of the movie. It seems to me that the original poster is making an attempt is to tug at the heart strings of true Christian believers to quell support for the movie.

An excellent point.

I realize I have probably revived a very old thread, but wanted to get some Zeitgeist stuff in my watched threads list - if there is a better/newer discussion going on, please direct me to it - my search did not pull it up. thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
The reason why no one cares about the "debunking" of zeitgeist is because the only apparent "errors" are to do with religion. I care not about part one of zeitgeist, it is parts 2 and 3 that are of significance.

Another excellent way of putting it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by MMP

Also, in my opinion part 1 of the movie is probably the least important topic covered. If you're caught up with the "factual errors" of part 1 then I feel like you're missing the bigger message of the movie. It seems to me that the original poster is making an attempt is to tug at the heart strings of true Christian believers to quell support for the movie.

An excellent point.

I realize I have probably revived a very old thread, but wanted to get some Zeitgeist stuff in my watched threads list - if there is a better/newer discussion going on, please direct me to it - my search did not pull it up. thanks.

A lot has happened since i posted this, there have been excellent movies made detailing the problems, one of my favorites is here:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Seen that one. Still waiting for a rebuttal of the rebuttal

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
In my research on the internet, I have come across this board, which has not been responded to in over a year. However, I think it's important enough to respond to, so for anyone who happens upon this, enjoy.

I was first introduced to Zeitgeist film over a year ago, by a friend of mine who was once somewhat spiritually oriented (many would call it religious, but I avoid that term). He was not the most faithful person, but he certainly was a Christian.

The film changed him. He "realized" that he was believing in something false. It saddens me to think of this to this day. Mostly, it saddens me because it is things like this that we were warned of by revelation in the bible. But let's leave what the bible says out of this for a while.

There's no reason to "debunk" Zeitgeist. In itself, it's false and was "debunked" in it's own making. There's a site out there called the Zeitgeist Challenge... asking that anyone who has proof that any of the dozens of Christ-like myths are true will be paid money.

Not a single person has been paid. The film gets its information from one or two books that make these claims, but have no credible source. Let's just look at Horus. I'll let you research it, but in short, Horus is nothing like Christ.

Can you find similarities between two deities in any two religions? Of course. There are also many similarities between JFK and Abraham Lincoln. That doesn't mean they didn't exist or that their assassinations didn't happen.

Christ being born on December 25th? I'm sure you're read by now that it's not true. December 25th was a Roman Holiday and the Christians that were taking control of Rome began using that date. It's quite accepted by almost all scholars that look at this more than once that the bible indicated very clearly that the Christ was born in a spring time period. December is still mid winter in Israel and the odds of Shepherds tending their flocks by night in December are pretty slim.

Interestingly enough, it is also widely accepted that Christ was born in September, on the 11th, 3 B.C.. While that is not Spring, it's still better than sitting outside in the cold watching sheep stand there and shiver.

Let's look at the wise men. Apparently, the film says something about the stars of Orion's belt lining up with another star and that's where the myth of the wise men come in. Something that the film ignores is what the Christians say about the Wise Men. Here I will bring up what the bible says, and has said for hundreds of years.

Matthew, the 3rd chapter tells us this:
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth; and sent forth and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.

So the Wise Men didn't even show up on the day of the Christ's birth. Not for about two years afterward. So much for the starts lining up on that day.

I could go on, but one simple fact is true. The people who put together the Zeitgeist film took information from sources that were not credible. They didn't do their own research on the matter, only taking for fact what others have falsely written.

Again, no one has yet to complete the Zeitgeist challenge, and I'm assuming that's because it cannot be done.

If you have questions about your faith in Christ, do not let one source of information, especially a film designed to destroy your faith, influence you.

More to come in next post...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join