It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Funny how Christian nutballs who feel their faith is under attack and on shaky ground always go to the same tired yet leeeeeeengthy arguments to defend their faith.

I dont think Jesus would be very happy with them.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wasn't able to read much past the first page of this thread due to lack of time, so I am sorry if this has already been said. What amazes me is every time I see someone debating this movie, it is always about part one. Always about the religious inaccuracies. Part one doesn't have a very large amount to due with the entire movie's message as a whole. The message of Zeitgeist is about WAKING UP to what is going on around us, and what is going to happen to our freedoms if we don't stop it. Yet day after day people ignore the message, and instead run to argue about dates and figure inaccuracies in the first 30 minutes of the movie.

It's sad, but understandable. People are so indoctrinated it's hard to believe they would do otherwise. Maybe we really are doomed.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
dont you see that its taking the act of "waking up" and directing our logical reactionary focus elsewhere? (i.e. away from them) its not that people are trying to defend their faith, its that we are being herded into fighting the wrong enemy. and thats worth calling out.

you fall into the category of "we still dont care" i guess

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

you ever read anything by Joseph Campbell? If not you should look into what he has to say about religions and I am not talking about what is in wiki but one book I would recommend is Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell "Power of Myth" there are video versions (it was originally a video I believe) that might be something you would be interested in...that is if your one "who cares".

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why do people of faith feel the need to defend their belief system?

If you have faith, HAVE FAITH! and keep it to yourself...

Me thinks the OP doth protest too much...

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Anyone who has spent any time in esoteric study has heard all of this before.

Exactly! none of this "earth-shattering" information is new. Your link "debunking" the Horus-Jesus relationship is completely crap. Admittedly, it was the only link I checked out, but Horus was indeed born to Isis, who was indeed a Virgin. Originally, Horus was the sun that was born of Isis, who was famously the "Virgin of the World".

Do some real research rather than google.

Inscribed in the temple of Isis; "I, Isis, am all that has been, that is or shall be; No mortal man hath ever me unveiled. The fruit which I have brought forth is the ‘SUN’."

And, according to legend, Isis–mother of all–remains eternally virgin. She is often portrayed "as the virgin with child," and is regularly depicted as one crowned with a lunar orb and the horns of a bull.

www.crossroad.to...

Or perhaps read the following article which makes pretty much the same assertions about christianity as Zeitgeist... but was published prior, written by a former pastor.

The history of sun worship, so seemingly foreign to the Western mind has, in fact, manifested itself into Christianity in many ways as the story of Jesus in the Gospels. So little was known about the life of Jesus, any and all writing styles from Midrash (searching past scriptures for "hints" of how they might apply to the present) to discerning the story of the Zodiac and it's constellations were used to fill in what was clearly missing in the literal record...

ezinearticles.com...

[edit on 19-3-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So many people are focusing on the religion part of this movie, and I think people are missing the point of the movie.

It is not to prove Jesus didn’t exist, to prove 911 was an inside job, or to prove any of the claims the movie has made. The purpose is to make you think and to show you that you cannot necessarily believe everything someone tells you—no matter what the subject. At the end of the movie, you are told to do your own research—that the truth is realized, so why would one believe every claim the movie has made?

I think as evidenced by this thread, you will always find an answer that is aligned with your beliefs, whether what you believe is right or wrong. (Before anyone gets angry…I am not saying that your beliefs are right or wrong.)

I do have to give kudos to Amenti for doing the research to prove the religion section wrong. I believe this was a major point of the movie. The movie creators wanted us to do the digging and find the truth for ourselves. (…the truth cannot be told…) The religions mentioned in the movie have not changed for many years, and Amenti has merely pointed out the inconsistencies of the movie.

Another purpose of this movie is to show that because of humans’ blind belief many of us can be controlled and manipulated. This is something that has been happening to us for years.

Has anyone tried to reasearch any of the other points in the movie? I have been doing search after search. Almost everything is based on the religion part, very few have tried to disprove anything else.

Is no one else angry that all of the wars, including the current one, could have been provoked by our own money-hungry government? Was no one else freaked out that we all might have to be implanted with a chip and that without this chip no one will be able to buy or sell anything (including the food we need to live)? If this does come to pass, what will happen to those of us who refuse to be chipped?

Might this simply be another manipulation, be it a real threat or by the movie?

Anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
My question is why do all these movies like Loose Change and Zeitgeist have to be "thoroughly" debunked? If it's all BS, what the hell do you people care anyways? Don't you have anything better to do with your lives? How does it affect your life if people believe it? You're not changing anyone's mind, they're already made up.

Peace

You have made a very good point. I think Zeitgeist is a very well done, easy to watch movie and like you pointed out- anytime there is a movie, book or television show based on debunking- it will be met with a firestorm of controversy and reverse theory debunking.

The truth about every major religion is they crush the former belief system and destroy the evidence of it then charge people with convert or die (which in my opinion is not very spiritual or enlightened in any way).

The entire Horus/Jesus debate has been hacked to death by both sides for a very long time and will continue as long as people easily frightened and remain superstitious. And people need to have their belief committed so they can save our souls from eternal damnation- thus they are saving themselves in the process. This stupidity has gone on since the beginning of society and will probably go on until the end of society or some kind of "divine" intervention occurs.

I believe we will see this intervention in our lifetime and when it does happen- I believe both sides are gonna be shocked to find out just how wrong we both are!

Maybe then people will shut the hell up and be the change they want to see in the world.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."

Some things just cannot be proven by man or the naked eye. Some things just require faith. It may be credible to me and credulity to you.

You cannot prove that God exists nor that he doesn't. Some of us have had proof beyond a shadow of a doubt (in our minds or hearts) that he does exist because of evidence shown to us personally. The same can be said of many prophesies. The proof will be in the outcome!

I am no longer a religious person but...I maintain my faith in what I have experienced to be true. The spiritual life is a very abstract one and one that is often hard to put into words. It's a different language and one that many cannot understand and I might add - little written proof. I am not talking about religion which is very predictable. Often prophets will speak out and then be denounced by the religious community and the atheists together!

So where does Truth exist?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Part One:
This may be false, which it more than likely will be eventually be proven to be partially correct. I personally am a Jesus follower but not after much research and debate. There will always be credible scources to Christians that won't be accepted by Athiests and there will always accepted scources by Athiests that will be untouched and denounced by Christians. The only reason this entire war on scources occurs is because BOTH sides are afraid of the the other being correct, all you Athiests stop acting all hardcore... you lack the belief in hope. Here's a new idea though, all of you radical athiest researchers; why don't you try and prove the christian claims, and all of you radical christian researchers try to disprove your claims. [Maybe the creators of Zeirgeist just created the first part to get your attention...Who knows?]
Religion is sh't. Rules created by earthly mortals that try and dictate your spiritual body by doing miniscule, minute physical details that have almost no longterm or short term effect.
Just calm down...life goes on. I want some one on this forum to come out with some awesome evidence. [check out doesgodexist.org - a lot of good stuff on there]
Part 2:
Loose change does a better job, the Zeitgeist version actually sucks.
Part 3:
It's pretty possible, it's pretty obvious that the world is controlled by the wealthy and most of the general public is under the mind control of our government/media/people on this forum/religious people despising people that spit on sunday/goats/blues clues....The world is evil and currupt, i get it. Doesn't take watching a movie with an impossible name to pronounce to tell me that. I watched the news once...The Godfather was a nicer movie. The next two presidents will bring the end of the world, look at the moles on clinton's butt, can you say gross hairy pentagram?!?

For everyone on this board, chill out. The movie was made by people who like to cause contraversy and know just as much as you and me. Keep in mind, no one is completely right. Everyone in this entire pathetic excuse for a culture is 90 percent wrong. I write too much. Sorry. I love you.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blow My Mind

I think we are pretty chilled out. The thread is dying because Zeitgeist has been finally rightfully laid to rest in a grave of bunkdom. We must now focus our attention on the next wave of bunkery-"The Esoteric Agenda"!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mageofzhalfir
reply to post by Blow My Mind

I think we are pretty chilled out. The thread is dying because Zeitgeist has been finally rightfully laid to rest in a grave of bunkdom. We must now focus our attention on the next wave of bunkery-"The Esoteric Agenda"!

you guys are sounding like the robots you were intended to be.

youll be moaning "BRAINS" in no time.

welcome to the new order, where everyone believes the first person that says what they want to hear, and viciously denies any evidence to the contrary.

three cheers for the big dogs, they sold it to us and we bought it, and never suspected them, they blamed their enemies for their own atrocities and we believed them.

you guys officially suck

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Amenti

You do know I agree with you, right?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
LOL, no I didnt.
I thought you were saying Zeitgeist finally laid to rest the idea Christianity.
and I thought you were pointing everyone to the movie "esoteric agenda" which although sounds like it would be exposing this stuff is actually more of the same.

I am a moron.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Amenti]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
firstly i would like to say hello to everyone im by no means an expert.

Zeitgeist to me was an excelent movie ok some of the facts may be wrong but the first thing i was taught when i started school in morning assembly was that jesus was born on the 25th.Only after watching zeitgeist (27 years after starting school)did i research the bible and its teachings for myself only to find i've been lied to all these years.So in my eyes its a bit of the pot calling the kettle black ok zeitgeist may have some inaccuracys but surely even the most devoted christian can see the bible is far from %100.
So i can honestly say that for me zeitgeist was a good thing in that its opened my mind to the possibility of what the producer was saying.Also ive learned about horus and isis orisis which i probably would never have done.
Anyway back to the books for me isis has just started making a penis for orisis.(how can that be a virgin birth?)

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I hate th word "debunked".

The criteria for debunking seems to me to be the following:

"Find 1 statement that can be proven wrong, then throw the baby out with the bathwater."

Zeitgeist is very much in the truthful realm. Perhaps a few statements are in error. But do you think that the people who have been lying to you 90% of the time all your life are a better place to get information?

Most of the "debunked" ideas are merely ideas which there isn't enough clear evidence to give anyone "proof" one way or another. The older and more scarce the facts, the more you have to rely on circumstantial evidence to try and fill in a picture for which many puzzle pieces are missing.

Once you learn that there are people who are intent on taking over control of this world, then put your own mind and creativity in their place to see what you could do to achieve this goal, you then see that so many of the actions of governments and the powers-that-be fight right in to the explanation that "they are not doing this to help you, but to control you".

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
how ironic - zeitgeist part 1 fans speak of contradiction and misinformation in the bible, and cite the zeitgeist as info.

the naysayers speak of contradiction and misinformation in the zeitgeist, and cite the bible as info (and theologians interpretations of it).

BINGO. The decision of "truthy-ness" has been made before the information is presented.

Coming to a conclusion before you hear both sides of the debate is stubborn, narrow-minded, willful ignorance.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care.

Hmm OP. You left out the main player of this whole ordeal.
Mr. Jordan Maxwell.

You need to do your homework my friend.

And get to the base roots of your beef. You have an issue with Zeitgeist, you have an issue with Jordan Maxwell. AS this whole movie is based on his WORK!
Zeitgeist was an offshoot of Jordan Maxwells work, and many others.

I think you fail to see the point this makes about astro-theology.

All this religion crap, comes straight out of summerian. And rehashed, and retold.
The sun of God walks on water.. Ever seen the sun set over the water?
Yes the sun of God, walks on water every sunset.
Yes this has been gone over time and time agin.
The vatican is at the base root of all evil in this world.

Never trust a man who says he knows the truth.
You can only trust a man who seeks the truth!

Watch this video and learn where zeitgeist comes from before you try to debunk something that you dont know where its base roots stem from.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
There are a lot of pros and cons, rights and wrongs, truths and lies in just about every media outlet you will come across.
The great thing about the internet is that, if you look for it, you can find any number or places that share your exact beliefs and thoughts and you can find the counter to that as well.

I watched the movie and enjoyed it. Do I believe everything in it? Of course not. Anyone who just takes it all as absolute fact is missing the point. The point, that has been posted here over and over, that you should wake up, look around you and pay attention to what you are being exposed to.

This movie reminded me of watching the news. Everyday, they report "the truth" to millions of people. As long as you dont take everything they say to be absolute fact, only take away the message being conveyed to inspire your own search for truth.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
Any christians seriously seeking the truth should research this themselves.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news my atheist friend, but there are no Christians even remotely interested in "seriously" seeking the truth, as they feel they already know it.
Any proof presented otherwise, wether it is carved in a 80 000 year old stone, or written on a piece of toilet paper with a crayon, will be dismissed as a message from the deceiver (that's Satan...ooooo,scary). They point to the bible as irrefutable evidence of evrything they say, and as a previous poster put it so bluntly, they tend to use the bible as a tool to prove the validity of....you guessed it....THE BIBLE!
It's right up there with the police investigating themselves, politicians giving themselves raises, etc., etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join