It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

zeitgeist debunked and we still dont care

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
All part 2 and 3 was is blaming the U.S. government, shadowy elitists and the usual NWO crapolla...................WITHOUT citing much of what they said. They just presented this like it was truth on a platter.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
All part 2 and 3 was is blaming the U.S. government, shadowy elitists and the usual NWO crapolla...................WITHOUT citing much of what they said. They just presented this like it was truth on a platter.

I couldn't disagree more. Parts 2 and 3 exposes a lot of information which I had always suspected and taken as fact. Especially Part 3 about the "Federal Reserve Bank". Most of my research confirms the points made about this Illuminati scam.

Just a real quick read here on that:

judicial-inc.biz...

If you don't like the movie.....don't watch it.

Regards....Kinda Kurious

[edit on 10-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 10-7-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman
never mind about disproving the existence of christ, how about the "signifigance" of christ, and the possibility that a person of his character and legacy is repacked in other religions and dating thousands of years back.

[edit on 10-7-2007 by cpdaman]

I am going to look for the scripture where Jesus told his disciples something to the effect of him coming before but no one recognized him, and then, you tell me what you think.....
How about that?

[edit on 11-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I guess we can all get together and talk more after we're all issued our Universal ID Cards then? I for one enjoyed the movie, parts 2 and 3 were most enlightening to me...IMO.

So go on and shred, analyze, debunk, de-mystify everything You believe to be untrue, people will feel the way they feel about it regardless of your stance, system of beliefs, or position.

I joined ATS to join others that I thought were open-minded and respectful of other people's opinions, only to find that though I am not alone, there will always be a prevailance of those who wish to disregard the believers, to undermine someone's hard work and toil to create an interesting and informative piece for people to view, read, or listen to.

FYI: this post was created for those that wish to "DEBUNK" the movie.
No ill-intent was wished, just stating my opinion while I still can.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank_Rizzo
I joined ATS to join others that I thought were open-minded and respectful of other people's opinions, only to find that though I am not alone, there will always be a prevailance of those who wish to disregard the believers, to undermine someone's hard work and toil to create an interesting and informative piece for people to view, read, or listen to.

As I have noted there is a ridiculous double standard concerning this movie. Clearly this movie is riddled with inaccuracies and for the worst possible reason, (making a case for their religious ideas) . You may picture me a some zealot that got his feelings hurt and so I decided to "undermine" this movie. but I simply pointed out to you that this movie is precisely the kind of thing that the "deny ignorance" maxim here on ATS is built around. As I pointed out the filmmaker does not site any original sources he actually says (on an interview with Mike Swenson) that the information he presents (on the Jesus similarities) cannot be found on the internet or in encyclopedias, instead it can only be found out by reading books by recent authors. So, If you say for instance Krishna was crucified and rose again on the third day. Shouldn’t we be able to verify that by reading the original texts on Krishna.. Oh no. If you do that you will find there is no similarities. Over and over claims are made that apparently we will never be able to verify with the actual texts themselves. Only by reading Jordan Maxwell can the ultimate truth be found. (sigh)

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If the OP thinks he has debunked this great movie then so be it. However this doesnt change the fact that Zeitgeist has some wonderful insights and can show many people how to think for themselfs!!
I did follow your links, and they are just as bias as your own thoughts!
So I would say keep on trying, this Zeitgeist will be a hard one to debunk!
Sure some of the facts may be a little off, but when you see the big picture of what the movie was saying you can get over the minor false parts of this. Such as dates, and very little things that can be overlooked.
They simply try to point out to people that you are being manipulated by a bunch of BULLIES!!
And you go and stick up for the bully! Man, this world is so screwy where the bully beats up so many kids, that the beaten kids decide to protect the very bully thats beaten them down..classic.. oh thats a metaphore too.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My question is why do all these movies like Loose Change and Zeitgeist have to be "thoroughly" debunked? If it's all BS, what the hell do you people care anyways? Don't you have anything better to do with your lives? How does it affect your life if people believe it? You're not changing anyone's mind, they're already made up.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I did follow your links, and they are just as bias as your own thoughts!

Yes I have heard this argument before. While I see the sites I chose to link as UN-biased content wise, they were written by Christians presumably so Ill give it to you.

The problem is however that The questions posed have a yes or no answer on the whole. either the things claimed did or didnt happen. The ancient texts either say the things that the movie claims they do or they do not. So (even though they are not IMO) they could be both biased and undeniably true at the same time.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone. is there anybody that agrees with me?

[edit on 23-7-2007 by Amenti]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I feel like I am in the twilight zone. is there anybody that agrees with me?

Yeah I could agree with that!! For sure!! But I think that our twilight zones are in different time zones!
And if you dont belive Zeitgeist then so be it, Why make a post to try to push your holy veiws onto me?? Just becasue the facts of Zeitgeist are not totally correct you want to sit here and say that your right and everyone else that feels different is wrong???
When the bible was written by a bunch of bullies who are in essence holding a gun to your head. If you dont freely belive in God, well your going to burn in hell forever.. Thats not free choice, sounds like a bribe too me!!
Oh but if you belive with your free will you get to go to heaven and all is good, but if you dont, then your going to be thrown into hell forever.
Oh but God loves you right?
Now that is the freakin twilight Zone to me!!!!

MMP

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
My question is why do all these movies like Loose Change and Zeitgeist have to be "thoroughly" debunked? If it's all BS, what the hell do you people care anyways? Don't you have anything better to do with your lives? How does it affect your life if people believe it? You're not changing anyone's mind, they're already made up.

Peace

Awesome post, Dr Love. I couldn't have put it better myself and agree 100%.

Also, in my opinion part 1 of the movie is probably the least important topic covered. If you're caught up with the "factual errors" of part 1 then I feel like you're missing the bigger message of the movie. It seems to me that the original poster is making an attempt is to tug at the heart strings of true Christian believers to quell support for the movie.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Just becasue the facts of Zeitgeist are not totally correct

Sure some of the facts may be a little off,

My whole point of this thread was to show that there is a dogma at work here, just as much of one that you accuse me of, and the facts that are a “little off” are the centerpiece of the dogma itself. Its not just a little off, btw It’s a series of MAJOR errors for the purpose of selling a religious viewpoint. And apparently you know it, and couldn’t care less.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think zeitgiest is a good attempt at a "truth" movie. Theres obviously lots of other material they could have included, but what you must think about also is what was not included. The way the story was put together was clever i thought.

Im also very happy to see such a great reaction from people here, and friends ive shown it too, which is testiment to the fact that it touches people in a better way than say showing a 9/11 conpsiracy movie to them.

By showing people the truth behind many deities and religious ideas, it opens up the door for bigger revelations, such as those concerning evolution, true human origns, atlantis and leumaria etc, and 2012. When the average person gets their head around the fact that all religions are based on truth, some quite extraordinary truths, but have been distorted over time, it becomes easier to show them even more information. It breaks the chain of history inside the persons head and forces them to take another look.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

If the OP thinks he has debunked this great movie then so be it. However this doesnt change the fact that Zeitgeist has some wonderful insights and can show many people how to think for themselfs!!

Originally posted by zysin5 but when you see the big picture of what the movie was saying .

for the record I am very on board with the Fed and 911 stuff. I was the originator of the F**K the Federal Reserve shirt in fact.
conspiracyclothes.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Its all good Amenti
Your thoughts are just as welcomed as any other thoughts I see on here. Im not trying to be negtive about your veiws. Infact I welcome other thoughts that may not be my own. As I try not to get attached to my own thoughts and theroies, so its good to get another veiw point.
But your right, I dont care to much about the debunking, its the bigger picture that I was looking at. I do the same thing with the bible and religon. I do my best to look over the minor false facts and do my best to get the bigger picture of what they are trying to say..
The bible being written by men has some good stories, and can be used by some as like a guide line. I just dont take it all literally. A movie like this cant be taken and broke down to each false fact. If that was the case then the bible would be thrown out long ago. Most folks just take what they want, and can understand and use it to improve their lifes.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP
If you're caught up with the "factual errors" of part 1 then I feel like you're missing the bigger message of the movie.

I agree with this. So the similarities between Horas and Jesus are debatable... That doesn't debunk the whole movie. And religious devotees most likely aren't going to be open to any of the other interesting points made about the religion part of the movie. Fine. But that's just a small part of the movie.

Originally posted by Amenti
Its not just a little off, btw It’s a series of MAJOR errors for the purpose of selling a religious viewpoint. And apparently you know it, and couldn’t care less.

People couldn't care less about the religious part of the movie because they already had their religious beliefs before watching the movie. It doesn't matter whether or not it's 100% verifiably true (which I think is pretty impossible, considering it's all about myths anyway - What's TRUE about a myth???) unless it CHANGES people's religious beliefs. And I don't see that happening. If anything, it helps people's minds to open, and that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is a link to site that critically examine all of the movie's major claims:

www.preventingtruthdecay.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't think Amenti's links prove anything more than that religious fanatics, regardless of which religion has got hold of them, can only quote the bible and other religious texts to prove that the bible itself is true. It doesn't make any sense. The bible says that the bible is true, so it must be so. Do you people ever listen to yourselves or actually think about what you're being told to believe by your church, mosque, whatever? Or do you just believe everything someone in authority tells you?

I saw a quote on this page asking why Loose Change and Zeitgeist and other truth films have to be debunked by certain people, and the answer is simple, the truth contained in these documentaries goes so far against what religious people and, unfortunately, people in general, believe that they have to debunk it to satisfy the thought processes burned into their minds by their church, the school system, and the media. Its a defense mechanism being thrown up to protect the fairy tale so many millions, heck billions, have been told was real.

And yes, Zeitgeist does probably have a few inaccuracies, but the majority of information given in the film can be researched and backed up, how much of the bible/religious texts out there can be backed up at all by anything but the texts themselves?

I really feel for you brainwashed minions of the Vatican/whatever, and I sincerely hope that somehow something will break through the giant wall of lies in your minds and wake you all up, none of us deserve to be slaves to anyone, and that's what you all are.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekin
Do you people ever listen to yourselves or actually think about what you're being told to believe

The same can be said about atheists.

Evolution and Big Bang, are you kidding me?

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amenti

This movie also tries to make the claim that the Catholic churches pagan ideals, symbolism ,and rituals are somehow proof that Christianity itself is a part of this, nothing could be further from the truth. Lets take December 25th mentioned at least a dozen times in the film. The date of December 25th, which was officially proclaimed by the church fathers in A.D. 440, was actually a vestige of the Roman holiday of Saturnalia, observed near the winter solstice, which itself was among the many pagan traditions inherited from the earlier Babylonian priesthood. Any person that doesn’t drool on themselves will tell you that nowhere in the bible is this date mentioned or inferred in ANY way. It is ludicrous to say that and pagan rituals involving this date can be linked to Christianity before the catholic church got a hold of the idea, that is, ALMOST 500 YEARS LATER.

I have seen the movie zeitgeist and I don't know if all the info is valid or not but one thing I do know from personal experience is that the Catholic religion is a pagan religion. I went to serveral Catholic schools and one of them actually walked the students through town to a church weekly to participate in pagan/satanic rituals(and even during recess they had us digging up nuns graves and having small rituals) for at least two generations mine and my parents right in front of a town of 15,000 probably still doing it to this day I will never go back to that town to find out if I can help it.

posted on Aug, 30 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
this would be a much better world without religion... thats just my opinion.

[edit on 30-8-2007 by KINGOFPAIN]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join