It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Strait is an old horse grazing in a pasture of fresh horse crap!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I mean that in a good way. He's the last of the old school country musicians that haven't sold out yet. He's the last of a bygone era when country music had feeling. He's the last and I don't think we'll ever see that kind of country music again.

Now all that are left are no-talent redneck losers with over-exaggerated southern drawls talking about growing up in a trailer and spittin' watermelon seeds.

R.I.P. real country music.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Here, hear.

George Jones and M. haggard were genuine.

Most of the singers now sold to the public have never been on a tractor that didn't have a mower attached. In their videos you watch 'em mount a horse from the right, etc.

Larry the cable guy is not what country music is all about.

The women are worse. They don't write their own songs, they don't even sing alone; they have a raft of backup vocals. Shania Twain was the worst of this, with 3 guys singing behind her to keep her pitch in the right range. What kind of man is going to sing backup vocals that consist of "any man of mine . . ."

Compare that with "He stopped loving her today."

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank god, I'm not alone in my opinion of George Strait...

Give me old nashville, from the early, early days through the 60's. Bluegrass roots were still alive then, I sometimes wonder if some of todays artists even know what bluegrass is.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love George Strait in a strait sort of way. Every time he comes out with a new song I say to myself well I thought the last one was gonna be the best he ever did but then he comes out with another one and another one and another one and.... It just never seems to end for him. I hope he can keep it up a while longer.

I'm sure somebody will fil those shoes one day. A piano player from Nashville told me one time for every person you see make it big there is 50 in Nashville beating down the doors trying to get a deal that can sing and play circles around the guy who made it. They obviously can't take'em all tho right?

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
George Straight was always one of my favorites. There are not too many more like him. Oh, someone like Keith Urban may be his equal one day, but there are few and far in between that can even come close to what George Straight has been, although, some of his newer stuff I don't really care for.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Here, hear.

George Jones and M. haggard were genuine.

Well, Merle Haggard was the real deal, no doubt. I was never a big fan of George Jones....

[edit on 10-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

join