It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed during early U.S. Atomic test?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In doing some minor research on Phil Schneider, I noticed on his wiki article that: "He shows pictures of the atomic explosion at Bikini Atoll and says that the black blobs in the picture are alien ships.". This prompted me to try and find some footage of that test, which I did.

www.archive.org...

Notice at :48 seconds, right as the bomb goes off, a large black object seems to appear and move off to the left. After reviewing the video several times, The object almost seems to "decloak". Interesting.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I honestly have no idea.....looks like something but also could be the cause of poor video quailty back then.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
it looks like the plane that dropped the bomb

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting!

I have no opinion on what it could be, it doesn't seem to be damage to the film as its moving perpendicular to how the film was taken, and I'm not sure that it could be the aircraft that delivered the bomb - weren't they polished silver? Surely that would reflect any light given off rather than appearing as a dark blob on the film?

I'm not an expert on antique film so I suppose it could be film deterioration, but would that perpendicular movement happen over multiple frames of film?

Whatever it is, thanks for the link, it was certainly an eye opening film to watch in any case

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
after watching it a few time I believe it is damage or quality of the movie, not a UFO.

I used some footage from this in a music vid I made. I think the stuff I used is much clearer, I didn't see any UFO but there is a weather balloon that could pass as a UFO if it was a lot blurrier
at the 2 min mark

Inner Circle of Trinity

[edit on 3/7/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's very difficult to make out.

My guess is artefacting due to video compression.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
after watching it a few time I believe it is damage or quality of the movie, not a UFO.

Perhaps, but this object doesnt seem similar at all to the other film damage artifacts that appear throughout the film. Indeed it even has the standard saucer shape. I wonder why it disappears so quickly though?

Thanks for the image breakdown sauron, much appreciated.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think Mr. Schneider was referring to a different recording of the bomb test. His father, Captain Otto Oscar Schneider, evidently invented a high speed camera which showed these things in detail - some blown from the ground, others fleeing. I'm sure it was recorded on standard film as well from a few different angles, and the video you have a link to is the one that was made public. It's lower quality and a lot is missed from frame to frame. I'm not exactly sure though if the camera Mr. Schneider refers to is a high speed long lense still camera (fast shutter) or a 72fps (or higher) motion camera.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

lol thats the plane that dropped the bomb. you can't tell? you gotta be kidding me...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think that this is most defnintly just a defect in the film, if you look closely, there are other black blots that pop up for a moment. It is not strange to think that something that is used for the first time would casue something that is stange.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by weknowyouknow

Originally posted by Crakeur

lol thats the plane that dropped the bomb. you can't tell? you gotta be kidding me...

No I can't, and I dont think you can for sure either...

That is, however, the most probable explanation I agree. Certainly not the only possible explanation though...

posted on Jul, 13 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Good eye...but cameras back then were less than perfect....Could be anything.....little green men or a reflection off a internal camera part.

top topics

join