It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Vipr Teams to be dispatched to 8 major cities on 7/4/7

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Not sure where to put this so feel free to move it. I just heard on the news that "vipr" ( no idea what that means) will be dispatched to 8 major cities on 7/4/7. I heard it on CNN. But why 8 major cities? hmmmm..... just thought of that.....7/4/7 thats a plane......hmmmmmmm

Any insight?

BTW: this is just comming off the TV so maybe there will be more info later

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Everythingyouknowisalie]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it is possibly something to do with this vipr (visual pattern recognition)

other vipr's listed here

strangely i am suddenly reminded of john carpenter's excellent film - they live

of course, now that captain america is dead it could be this viper

the f-16 fighter or hopefully not 8 of the air to surface missiles

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ok, so I guess I should push the wife to get the kids and her stuff packed and ready to leave tonight.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
LEave? what do you mean? are your traviling? (ya i cant spell) or are u making a smartass remark lol

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If something goes down, i have a feelin these teams arent going make any difference. Maybe they`ll get some false alarm from somewhere else just like 911....

OT - Is there something wrong with ATS righ now or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I was having prob getting ats to come up...says page couldnt be displayed. Ya like you were saying "If" something happens all they are there to do is cover it up....they just dont know it...poor lil pawns

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
LEave? what do you mean? are your traviling? (ya i cant spell) or are u making a smartass remark lol

I am travelling tomorrow morning. Leaving NYC for a little R&R and I was making a joke about the increase in security. I guess I was doing both.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
O ok...hehe
Well I wish you safe travels....and Im surprised no one else thinks its weird....8 not 2 not 4, 8 major cities....I say its fishy

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
from your link ..

Called Visual Intermodal Protection and Response teams, they will focus on ground transportation systems as well as airports in some of those cities.

= VIPR teams

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This article explains the VIPR Teams purpose pretty well

VIPR Teams

A Viper team will consist of two air marshals, one TSA bomb-sniffing-canine team, one or two transportation security inspectors, one local law enforcement officer, and one other TSA employee. Some members of the team will be obvious to the traveling public and wear jackets bearing the TSA name on the back. Others will be plainclothes air marshals scanning the crowds for suspicious people. It is unclear how many Viper teams will be on patrol through the New Year holiday, but air marshal officials confirm that they will be at seven locations across the country.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Conspiracy Theorist]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It is possible that Homeland Security has performed 'risk assessments' of which urban areas in the US are most likely to be the target of a terror strike. These 8 cities might be the ones considered 'high risk' based on the assessments.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Do these TSA workers carry firearms? The ones at the airports are all unarmed and have no law enforcement authority (hence the reason the local LE agency or airport police has officers assigned to all the screening points).

What good is having them if they cant stop a terrorist? The NYPD has a better idea with their Hercules Teams (heavily armed squad sized groups of specially trained officers equipped with M14s and M4s that are assigned on a random basis to high risk facilities).

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
This article explains the VIPR Teams purpose pretty well

VIPR Teams

A Viper team will consist of two air marshals, one TSA bomb-sniffing-canine team, one or two transportation security inspectors, one local law enforcement officer,
[...]
Others will be plainclothes air marshals scanning the crowds for suspicious people.

the lowest common denominator is the: 'Others will be plainclothes.......
air marshals scanning the crowds for suspicious people.'

that sounds suspiciously like the 'Politically IN-correct' discipline called Profiling.
It seems the Security Forces are deliberately heralding the 'VIPR' acronym
and in the hoopla & noise, the public is being bedazzled to accept the new
position of Profilers as screeners in public transportation security, Today

what about a year from now....profilers at work, school, services...
are we letting the 4th Reich gestapo evolve & thrive right before our eyes??

ADD: as for the 8 city question, i think it has to do with the Regional Hubs
the airlines have, which the FAA was instrumental in creating...
nothing to do with an elevated risk of 8 particular cities,
i think imaginations are in overdrive, there's been no suggestion of
Jihad chatter that named any or even 8 cities as targets...

thanks

[edit on 4-7-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What I wonder is where you draw the line for what the suspicious people should look like.

Anybody with a different skin coulour?

Anybody who seems disoriented?

Will they take all these people for interrogation just because they stand out a bit from the crowd?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I live on an Air Force base, and considering today is the 4th of July you would think that everyone would have today off.....even the pilots. Well early this morning I heard about 6 F-16's take off one right after another. This would be normal, but today being a holiday im pretty sure that everyone has the day off.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hahah well that woudnt be very smart would it?

Like giving the UK firefighters the rest of the week off

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thats not what I mean...i mean they have the day off from the regular, training missions that they run everyday. Believe it or not, the military gets days off, just like everyone else...

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well how do you know that was a regular training mission?

Just saying, giving the air force the day off on a day like this would be suidice.

What do you do if something happens? Start calling pilots when a new 911 is ten minutes away?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ummmmmmm....yeah. Of course they have some pilots that are on alert and are sitting around waiting to go up if something goes down, but the vast, vast majority of people in the AF have today off....myself included. You apparently have no clue on how the day to day operations of the military work, so im going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join