It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever spit on someone while you were talking to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You know, you spit on them and then there's that awkward pause where you know and you're not sure whether he/she noticed and you don't want to admit it because, again, you're not sure he/she noticed, all the while you forget what the hell you were talking about because you're preoccupied with the spit?

On the other side, you know somebody just spit on you and you don't want to make them feel bad but you really want to look down and assess the damage they just did to you?

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"say it don't spray it"

"no thanks, I showered already"

are usually two of several possible options for the one spat on.

Actually, there is not much the spitter can do other than say, "sorry".

It is usually the case that it was not done with intent, but rather accidental. And both parties know this. Shpit happens!

of course there are the really awkward times when this happens at the most awkward of moments.

for instance when asking someone out who you already feel that you don't have a chance with. Or vice versa, the recipient of that request.

Or the first big date. Kind of ruins the moment. :shk:

sorry for stepping in your spotlight, good day.

[edit on 7/3/07 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
"no thanks, I showered already"

I spat on the Fed-Ex guy earlier today and he acted like he didn't notice. It was a pretty good dowsing too.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The hazards of personal communication. As long as it isn't preceded by a big throat-clearing >horrrrrkkkk< I can overlook it.

Not long ago, I was at a lunch meeting with a client. One of those demonstrative types who can't talk without waving his arms around. Also, couldn't wait until the most recent bite of food was swallowed before making his next point.

So he's jammed about half of a peanut butter and sardine sandwich (or something, I'm not sure) and says "Pittsboro" and launched a pretty good chunk at me.

He said, "Oh, I think I just spit on you".

I said, "Yeah, don't worry. I saw it was coming and took it in the tie".

Not the most embarrassing lunch story. I've got one from the Cheesecake Factory somewhere around Plano, Texas that's a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
and says "Pittsboro" and launched a pretty good chunk at me.

What a horrible word to attempt with a full mouth!! SPITTBORO.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
LMFAO at this whole thread!

I don't think I've ever spit on anyone, but I know a friend who blew a booger on some chick when he was laughing.
:shk:

She started puking and everything.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I prefer to use the phrase"Give me the news, not the weather".Seriously, funny thread,dude.LMAO.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
or the ever useable...

"I came for a laugh not a bath!"

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
dR lOVE,

Are you mithing a tooth? Because that could do it. Stay away from p's and th's and you'll be ok.

I hate it when people Thspit on me. If iths family, look out, i go crathy!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah, i think we've all accidentally spit on someone when speaking.

I think I did something worse once, though.

I had a really bad cold and got caught by a huge sneeze. I was sitting behind a guy and I was so surprised by the sneak sneeze that I sneezed a big chunk on the back of his neck.

THAT was embarrassing. He was cool about it though, lucky for me.

new topics

top topics

join