It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman finds $20,000.00 Cash Outside Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
What would all of you have done?

Turn it in or keep it?

Women Discovers $20,000 and turns it in.

LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. - A woman who works as a makeup artist and deli clerk found $20,000 at a bank's drive-up depository, then calmly walked into the bank and turned over the cash. Linda Hatch said her mind raced in the seconds after she found the two $10,000 bundles in a plastic deposit tube on June 25.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Cha Ching !!!

Pay off my car and credit cards and still have enough for a little trip to Vegas !!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ooh that would be veeery tempting. But I'm sure I'd turn it in. I couldn't stand the thought of what the person was going through who was supposed to make the deposit.

I've got a conscience like a 900 pound gorilla. Much to my occasional dismay.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
As much as I would like to be the nice guy, and "do the right thing", part of me says "keep it".

Of course, there may be some sort of reward involved with returning the money (at that point I do not know), but the idea of "take the money and run" surely would seriously cross my mind.

Also, I am quite certain that the money is insured anyway, and I would most likely "reason" myself into thinking it wouldn't be so bad if I did keep it. It's not like I committed an armed robberyafter all, I was just wlking down the street minding my own business, and out of nowhere was assaulted by this big bag of ca$h.

but knowing my (bad) luck, I would probably be caught with the goods, and charged with some sort of offense, anyway.

:shk:

So I must backtrack all of my childish fantasies, and go and turn the money in. If no reward is given, hand the teller a note.

j/k about that last bit about the note.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If it was in front of the bank, You can safly assume there were video camara's recording the whole thing.

All they have to do is watch the tapes, see your face and turn it over to Federal authorities-Banking issues are federal, not local crimes. That means you get to go to the "big house".

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
All they have to do is watch the tapes, see your face and turn it over to Federal authorities-Banking issues are federal, not local crimes. That means you get to go to the "big house".

Doh!!!!

We are having a theoretical disussion here about "what if...."

Most people would feel obligated to turn the money in, although it is fun to wonder exactly what people would do in this highly unlikey (but certainly not unheard of) situaton.

Just think of the computer I coud buy with 20 G's.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well I would keep it and watch the news.
If a poor old lady or single mom ect. is on tv crying the blues looking for there money then i guess my conscience would get the best of me. However it better not be some rich person who really doesnt need it anyway. cha-ching!!

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It woud be one thing to find cash, say, on a random sidewalk, but this was found at a bank and was obviously intended for deposit.

In either case, the right thing to do would be to turn in the money. If no one claims the money, then it rightfully goes to the finder.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah, I would turn it in too. Isn't it interesting, though, that we have to stop and think about it instead of it being just a given.?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Absolutely turn it in. Someone had the intention of depositing that money into the bank, just because it was in the tube and somehow didn't make it into the bank is no excuse. Now if after all the proper protocol of police reports, and waiting period end and no one claims it, then I guess you bank the find.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Boy that's a toughie. My kids and I really need a new car.

However, I'd be wondering if it was a hidden camera prank, and I wouldn't want to be the person on TV that gets caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

I'd also feel so guilty about who the owner was, and how bad they may have needed the money.

I suppose I'd reluctantly turn it in and be glad I could sleep at night.

new topics

top topics

join