It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckethead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
opinions?
like him, love him, or hate him?

personally i love the bucket. i put him in the avante garde category though, not shred.
most people can not get past his gimmick and that is understandable. i am not usually one to get into people with gimmicks cause i feel that they usually are trying to compensate for the music but i don't feel this way with the bucket.
this guy is one hell of a player...a virtuoso in every sense of the word. according to him he does this so that people will focus on the music and not his private life. i believe this too by things i have read. people he has played with says it is hard to deal with him and his 'transient lifestyle'...he just does what he does till it is time to come in and lay it down.

about all i know is his real name is brian carroll and he was mentored for about a year by paul gilbert....we all know paul gilbert.

his discography is impressive

his solo stuff
Bucketheadland (1992)
Giant Robot (1994)
Day Of The Robot (April 30, 1996)
Colma (March 24, 1998)
Monsters and Robots (April 20, 1999)
Somewhere Over The Slaughter House (June 5, 2001)
Funnel Weaver (February 15, 2002)
Bermuda Triangle (July 23, 2002)
Electric Tears (October 8, 2002)
Bucketheadland 2 (October 14, 2003)
Island of Lost Minds (March 19, 2004)
Population Override (March 30, 2004)
Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell (April 20, 2004)
Enter the Chicken (October 25, 2005)
Kaleidoscalp (November 22, 2005)
Inbred Mountain (December 2, 2005)
The Elephant Man's Alarm Clock (February 17, 2006)
Crime Slunk Scene (September 15, 2006)
Pepper's Ghost (March 1, 2007)
Acoustic Shards (May 31, 2007)

1993) - Last Action Hero (Soundtrack)
(1993) - Last Action Hero (Score)
(1995) - Johnny Mnemonic (Soundtrack)
(1995) - Mortal Kombat (Soundtrack)
(1995) - Mortal Kombat (Score)
(1996) - Alien Ambient Galaxy
(1996) - Stealing Beauty (Soundtrack)
(1997) - Beverly Hills Ninja (Soundtrack)
(1997) - Guitar Zone
(1997) - Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation (Soundtrack)
(1997) - Guitars on Mars
(1998) - Night and Day
(1998) - Guitarisma 2
(1998) - Great Jewish Music: A Tribute to Marc Bolan
(1998) - New Yorker Out Loud: Volume 2
(1999) - Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Soundtrack)
(1999) - Crash Course in Music
(1999) - Horizons
(1999) - Music for the New Millennium
(2001) - Innerhythmic Sound System
(2001) - Ghosts of Mars (Soundtrack)
(2001) - Dragon Ball Z: "The History of Trunks" (Soundtrack)
(2001) - Bomb Anniversary Collection
(2002) - Guitars for Freedom
(2002) - The Meta Collection
(2002) - Scratch: The Film (Score)
(2002) - Urban Revolutions
(2005) - Blue Suenos
(2005) - Masters of Horror (Soundtrack)
(2005) - Saw 2 (Soundtrack)
(2006) - Guitar Hero II
(2006) - The Longest Yard Jack and the Ripper
--------
then there is his stuff with death cube k, gunners, praxis, etc.
now for a little taste

this is 'jordan'....great work with the kill switch

if that didn't work
www.youtube.com...

SR

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Buckethead got most of those albums BucketHeadland 1 is the best for any noob who wants to get into him Jordan solo and Nottingham Lace used to haunt my dreams i couldn't get them out of my head!! can't wait to hear his acoustic album i haven't got it or any of the stuff he's released this year.

BTW. You forgot to metion his GNR stuff he's still on all of the leaks hopefully he'll be on that album too.

[edit on 3-7-2007 by SR]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dude, Buckethead is a monster on the guitar. I cant say that I have listened to a lot of his work, but from what I have heard of him, he is super nasty. Im definitely going to check more of his stuff out as his credits speak for themselves. He scored last action hero? thats crazy

Have there been any sightings of him playing out of character? that would be sweet. The gimmickyness of him is kinda lame, but that doesnt really detract from his skill level at all.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
all hail the bucket!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
he does not play out of his mask...i have seen videos of him recording for a soundtrack and he was in his bucket.....i get why he does it and imo, he is a good enough guitarist where he can do the gimmivk thing....he is good/innovative enough to where it does not take away from the music.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The fine line between genius and insanity is pushed even further into obscurity with this guy, I downloaded a few of his tunes just to experiment with some different music out of bordom, and WOW what a speed demon on the fretboard, some of his stuff exceptional work and some just sounds silly, but ethier way the ho-hum is absent in any of what I heard, I recognize some of what I downloaded from the list you posted, anything you would recommend as a gutarist work would be appreciated. I play myself on occasion.

Also I was wondering if you might know what kind of guitar Buckethead plays??

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
he plays a gibson les paul with 2 hums and a killswitch

i couldn't tell you where to start man...the live stuff is best and he is a speed demon but he does much further than that.
his tapping is solid as are his meoldies. the use of the kill switch while he is doing trills is well, fantastic.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Jordan is my kids' favorite Guitar Hero song. Aside from that Buckethead is a little disturbing, but his guitar work is Fantastic. One of my favorites is "For Mom".

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
i really love for mom too.
i don't know man, it's the way the bucket phrases his stuff. i just hear something special in it.

top topics

join