It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increased UK security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Just a quick question (mainly for UK users). Since the recent attempted bombings, have you noticed the increased security in your home towns?

In the last few days I have noticed groups of 3-4 armed police patrolling the city centre. Aside from guarding potential targets such as stations- the police have been walking down main shopping streets carrying what looks like MP5's and using guard dogs. It's not everyday you see a machine gun in the UK and now they seem to be in sight every day..

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I haven't really got much to compare it too, seeing as i live on the outskirts of London. Everytime i go into central london, i always feel like im in a prison anyway.. theres not much more that could make it worse, short of rotating cattle doors, xray body scanners and that kind of malarchy.

The only thing i've really noticed is on the trains in London, especially on the tube.. announcements every other minute, telling you to conform and dob in anyone you think is a terrorist, not to give money to beggers and dob them in if you see any, and to keep all personal belongs with you at all times..

Im really glad i don't live in central. Honestly, you could not come any closer to an open air prison..

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You soon get used to increased security , after a while it becomes a part of the surroundings , although it will probably go back to normal after a few weeks/months or become more covert.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
shrunkensimon, I am so glad that you feel like you're living in an open prison.

Just remember old boy, that security measures seen and unseen, are there for your benefit and have been put in place to protect you from the baddies.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Totally agree Fritz!

As for increased security I've not really noticed much at all, then again I live in a village in the middle of the countryside!

A while back I posted in a thread about CCTV and the main concencus seemed to be that there was too much in the UK, especially from our American cousins. Thanks to those CCTV cameras and some incompetent terrorists who couldn't even get their own suicides right they are now all either in severe pain in a hospital bed or locked up.......cctv...bring it on!
As for the guy with severe burns....ohhww how I'd love to take a packet of salt and a bottle of vinegar to him!!

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stratsys-sws
As for the guy with severe burns....ohhww how I'd love to take a packet of salt and a bottle of vinegar to him!!Cheers Robbie

Hey Guy! That's his skin that's flaking off his back, not
potato crisps!

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
yeah but imagine the sting....ouch ouch.......:-)

I tell you what, terrorists aren't what they used to be.....they're just a bunch of screw up's, at least the IRA knew what they were doing! :-) These guys are supposed to be doctors and they couldn't even detonate a few gas bottles, part-timers!

Disclaimer:
Before I get flamed...no I'm not sympathising with terrorists, no I don't agree with what the IRA did (was living in Birmingham at the time of the bombings) no I don't agree with the current bunch of fundaMENTALISTS, it's just my British sense of humour....bomb us and we'll just got on with things you bunch of freaks! :-)

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Not noticed too much myself, but I am out in the country well away from any large towns. I am close to an RAF base, but security there seems normal.

CodexK

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No obvious increase in security here.

My homeground sits close to the Cheshire county boundary.
No military bases or Civilian airports and certainly no reason for any armed police presence.
Life rumbles on without much happening. There is no CCTV surveylance cameras and to see a local police patrol is almost like witnessing a total eclipse of the sun.
The highlight of the month of June was a suprising flypast of The Red Arrows

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
The highlight of the month of June was a suprising flypast of The Red Arrows

That must have been really exciting!

Having spent 6 months on detachment to them in the late 70's, catering to their every whim, I personally thing the Red Sparrows are a bunch of over rated, over paid, over hyped...............God! I could go on and on.

What a bunch of posers. AND more importantly in this age of eco thingy, they're not even carbon neutral!

I am sorry but the Patrouille de France are, in my opinion, the better display team.

This, coming from a once proud airforce man. Shocking....simply shocking!

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
there's b****r all security in bournemouth... we seem to have a few more 'community support officers' wandering round but thats about it. all our major transport links are laughably (if it were even remotely funny) under protected.

unless of course the huge explosion in traffic wardens sticking a ticket on anyone who stops for more than 30 secs over the last year is some warped counter terrorism measure? honestly these folks would ticket you for being in a slow moving traffic queue.

top topics

join