It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Governor Signs Bill Banning Hiring of Illegal Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Arizona Governor Signs Bill Banning Hiring of Illegal Immigrants

www.fox11az.com

PHOENIX (AP) -- Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano on Monday signed into law a proposal that prohibits people from hiring illegal immigrants and requires all businesses to verify the employment eligibility of workers through a federal database.

The goal is to remove the economic incentive for immigrants to sneak across the border and help lessen Arizona's role as the busiest illegal gateway into the nation.

The Democratic governor said she signed the bill because the federal government has failed to overhaul the country's broken immigration policies, though she believes the new state law contains flaws that should be fixed before it takes effect on Jan. 1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This is by far one of the strongest responses to the hiring of illegal immigrants that I have seen yet. The governor acknowledges there are still some issues that need to be worked out with the bill, but signed it anyway. I applaud her efforts to take action where the federal government has failed.

www.fox11az.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
BRAVO!! It's nice to see somebody finally making a stand. The fact that it's a member of one of the two major political parties in this country just makes it all the more surprising.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Yes, I'm sure some business owners aren't happy with this law. Too bad; they will have to start conducting business under the laws of this country as they should have been all along. Good job Arizona; now if Washington's not so fine governor can follow suit. I doubt it though she's too busy worrying about finding another 300 dead people or convicted felons to vote for her again in two years.

top topics

join