It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO recorded by a live cam, Klyuchevskoy Volcano, Russia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
hey where did they go?
lol they did look kinda like birds when they were on screen.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Bah, I can't believe I made a stupid error like not saving them to my HD

I'd look through my internet cache for the images, but I have Firefox set to clear it on closing, so that's me out of the question for recovering the images.
Maybe one of the other members can help us save face and has them stored in someplace on their pc - it might be worth checking the cache for your browser.

In any case, the search function doesn't seem to want to work properly on that site, every time I enter the timestamps from the original images, I now get a sky full of clouds instead of the images previously seen, with a time stamp of 2007/07/04 06:40:48 no matter what time is entered.

In fact, no matter what time I enter from the previous day, I get the same image displayed. I can also enter the same times for today (2007/07/04 and 05:41:12 etc) and it throws back the image timestamped 2007/07/04 06:40:48 as well. I guessing the server cache is refreshed daily and all the previous days images are binned.

Please understand, that we, and especially the original poster are in no way trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes with this. the OP posted in good faith a pair of images that were stored on the cameras server to which we responded too, also in good faith. We certainly had no idea that the server cache would be refreshed and the previous days images would be lost!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i did see what the op posted but i dont know how to check my cache, i also have firefox can you show me how maybe i still have them

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't see a flipping thing. All I see is clouds. WHERE are the UFO's???

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by miguelbmx
i did see what the op posted but i dont know how to check my cache, i also have firefox can you show me how maybe i still have them

It's longwinded to explain, but the following site has a detailed explanation on how to access the cache, it's about 3 quarters of the way down...

Tweakguides.com

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i downloaded the pics that are currently up and opened them in photoshop to search for the objects. It was about 15 mins until I finally started reading the rest of the thread to find out that the live feed had posted over the pictures in question. No one saved the images? guess we can close this thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Relax guys. I DID save the image in case anything happens.

< br />
and yes. These are unidentified flying objects. Unidentifiable. I have seen helicopters and birds going past these cameras in the past and you can make them out, that is IF you can even see them which is rare. Helicopters and birds are relatively slow compared to this. UNFORTUNATELY I have tanked those images as they were uninteresting and unimportant at that time. I'll post a new one if it records helicopter or bird images.

Remember these are volcano cameras. Very likely they use a camera with a relatively quick 'shutter speed' as they would need to see the details of a possible volcano eruption or any 'fast moving activity' in case of a major
eruption. They don't want to capture their fast moving pyroclastic cloud as blurry artefacts.

I think each frame is obtained by a quick multi-scan of the scene, the lines are interlaced to form the whole image. The 2 objects in question were only in that spot long enough to complete the 1st scan, that's why you see empty sky between the lines.

I have no idea what the objects are, but they were going fairly fast. They do however look similar to something I photographed in Vanuatu in 2004 -- they have the same tilt & shape. I'll be posting a thread regarding this soon.

You are correct. It was one of the first scan lines. And by the time it was trying to get the rest, the object is gone. Which means the object is travelling
quite fast.

RygelUK,

These cameras record an image per minute at random second-unit time. Also I don't think two helicopters travelling at a 45 degrees angle at close proximity to each other is a safe practice.

I just remember about reading somewhere in the web and watching an interview in some tv show of people mentioning about Unidentified Flying Vehicle activities near active volcanoes. I can't find a link right now so anyone can confirm this it would be great.

The funny thing is wouldn't have thought about seeing UFOs AT ALL when I started watching this cam.

And yeah they WERE UFOs. Which means I don't have any idea what they are. Best to ask the people at the observatory. But I doubt anyone was there
when this happened because they would be wasting their time looking at boring clouds all day long. They originally stationed there to see the volcano, you know.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thankyou!

Thanks for the reply too, although I do have to question your statement about the speed of the objects, as in the original images, which were timestamped around 30 minutes apart, the objects are visible in both?

As for having 2 helicopters flying close together, don't forget we're talking about the Russians here - they're quite well known for flying in close formation, as there's various images and books with cool pictures of their exploits

Although, as I stated earlier, if the objects are human operated aircraft, the 30 minutes between the 2 images would surely be more than enough time for them to disappear from view. Can we be sure the timestamps between the initial images are actually correct from the site in question?

I can see I'm going to spend a lot of time looking at those volcanoes!

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RygelUK
Thankyou!

Although, as I stated earlier, if the objects are human operated aircraft, the 30 minutes between the 2 images would surely be more than enough time for them to disappear from view. Can we be sure the timestamps between the initial images are actually correct from the site in question?

I can see I'm going to spend a lot of time looking at those volcanoes!

Hi again. The timestamps are correct. My assumption is these 'UFOs' came and went. The camera records I frame per minute.

I don't know what camera they use, but these volcano cameras are supposed to catch fast moving action.

I have downloaded some intriguing images (one looks like a clylindrical ufo) that makes me think either they have really crappy camera for volcano observation or these things are real.

Any more comments? Just before this there was a lot of comments. When I posted the image it seems everyone stopped posting.

[edit on 11-7-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The images you posted previously were definitely interesting; the objects in the image were the same shape, same tilt, and individually they looked pretty symmetrical.

I'd like to see any others you've downloaded since then.

posted on Jul, 11 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow, good find. If those are Mi-24's then they are indeed going very quick at that (percieved) AoA. If they are MiG's/Su's then I wonder why they would be flying line abreast at that altitude (near a freeegin volcano!
) Next thing is to locate this area with Google Earth and perhaps see if there is an airbase in the area or training facility, though they could be going/coming from anywhere (given range, type of craft ect..detailed stuff). Like one person said above, could be Hips or Hoplites doing some kinda volcanic test or land survey. yep UFO's, as in unid'd..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join